Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

This is it I can feel it we're going to lose this one and kens finally gonna walk the plank this is our grand final get the f*#kin fire works ready, light a cuban cigar pour a scotch big footy forum is gonna be lit !!

This is it I can feel it we're going to lose this one and kens finally gonna walk the plank this is our grand final get the f*#kin fire works ready, light a cuban cigar pour a scotch big footy forum is gonna be lit !!
Hmm, beside booing, I wonder if those AFL Records will be thrown onto the pitch.

If this article isn't deliberate trolling, it demonstrates how out of touch the AFL and AFL media are with common supporters.

When you tally up this disaster of a season, the booing, the playing injured players, the "i dont know their players that well" grabs, the fact that we went all in on a flag (again) and will end up likely missing finals......the fact they've put out this piece on Ken is just weird.

It's incredible how utterly shite this bloke is, yet somehow gets pure cult like worship in the media.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imagine if they brought Hinkley back in a couple years do that first goal of the game thing, boo him for one last time.

Doubt we see him anywhere near Adelaide Oval/Alberton ever again after this though.
This AFL savant will never be seen in the system again, such will be the emotional strain of having to:

a) live in Adelaide
b) get paid 10x the average wage
c) architect the "best list ever" and still capitulate

He'll show up on the Front Bar in a few years to talk about his Geelong days though.

"Hahaha yeah, ya into the dishlickers are ya Kenny?"

Can anyone tell was 21 our largest ever home final defeat? And before ken broke it, when was the last time our skipper didn't wear number 1?

Was it sometime in the 70s?

From memory Geoff Motley kept his number 17 when he was captain in the 1960's, don't know of any one before that not wearing number 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"still standing" means, despite Port fans hating him, the league gets their way and keeps the patsy in charge to drag this great club down. they don't want Port winning flags they want it spread out between Vic franchises and their interstate bird franchises. they will probably gift Ken a flag with Tasmania with the best support around him you've ever seen.

This AFL savant will never be seen in the system again, such will be the emotional strain of having to:

a) live in Adelaide
b) get paid 10x the average wage
c) architect the "best list ever" and still capitulate

He'll show up on the Front Bar in a few years to talk about his Geelong days though.

"Hahaha yeah, ya into the dishlickers are ya Kenny?"

Kenny you've got a dog called max power.. is that a Simpsons reference?

I donno I haven't seen the movie boys

Can anyone tell was 21 our largest ever home final defeat? And before ken broke it, when was the last time our skipper didn't wear number 1?

Was it sometime in the 70s?

heaviest home final defeat suffered by a non-Vic team at the hands of an interstate opponent, let alone Port.

it’s not the all-time home final defeat in the national competition, as off the top of my head Geelong were smashed by more by WCE in the 94 GF.

What has become apparent this past month is that the vic-based AFL media are absolutely buddy-buddy with Kenny and have no doubt influenced the board's decision in the past to retain his services and inflate his value to the detriment of the club and the protection of their inner circle. It's all self-serving.

It's very reminiscent of Luke Hodge driving Chad Wingard's head into the goal post in 2015 only to be immediately reinforced by the media and commentators that Luke is a good bloke, definitely didn't mean it and shouldn't be given any weeks for it. I'm sure you could pull out your own favourite examples.

Lesson learned, don't let the media tell you what you see and hear are wrong. This applies for non-footy related topics too.

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
George Orwell, 1984

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back