Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm trying to get an update this morning. People are being cagey.

I can only encourage for the time being people to keep voicing their opinions in here because it does get read by high ranking officials at the Club, and they of all people need to understand the frustrations of the supporter base.
Also, thank you for the details you provide. You da best 😊

Butters has been playing with a cracked rib.

Player welfare my backside.

Sackable offence by the coach putting one of his best players in harms way, intentionally, so that he could save his job.

Get Hinkley out of the Club... NOW!!!!!!

If this doesn't describe what a petulant, selfish and malevolent influence he is at the club, I don't know what else will. But, he's got a track record for such behaviour, so nothing to see here.

If I hear "Good guy Kenny", or "Father Figure" again, I will literally projectile vomit.
And Bergman playing injured all year plus I heard possibly Sweet injured during finals. Not that you'd know it, he was excellent.

Discussions between people with a vote on Ken were briefly had last night.

No meeting currently set but the expectation is that one will happen next week.

This is very much a divided group.
Oh god please let this be happening, I haven't enjoyed a game of footy in 3 years thanks to knowing that every win reinforces this charlatan's grip on the job.

And Bergman playing injured all year plus I heard possibly Sweet injured during finals. Not that you'd know it, he was excellent.
Sweet was banged up since late in the season. Maybe even the Freo mstch or earlier. He looked like a mummy at one point.

Discussions between people with a vote on Ken were briefly had last night.

No meeting currently set but the expectation is that one will happen next week.

This is very much a divided group.
So in other words. Email everyone on the board as if we sway even one it could be the difference.

Butters has been playing with a cracked rib.

Player welfare my backside.

Sackable offence by the coach putting one of his best players in harms way, intentionally, so that he could save his job.

Get Hinkley out of the Club... NOW!!!!!!

If this doesn't describe what a petulant, selfish and malevolent influence he is at the club, I don't know what else will. But, he's got a track record for such behaviour, so nothing to see here.

If I hear "Good guy Kenny", or "Father Figure" again, I will literally projectile vomit.
Butters' rib and Bergman's OP, yet we're still gaslit to believe it's our players who let us down on Friday. What utter bollocks. Would love someone in media to call out this hypocrisy (and downright disregard for player welfare).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here are my 2 cents on the off chance someone with decision making power reads it:
1. The Sydney game was there for the taking early and should have been won. Their only threat was to beat us on turnovers. We could have won by playing a lockdown rolling maul style or by controlling the ball through possession. Sydney were nervous early but once we started turning the ball over through the corridor or kicking long they quickly relaxed into the game and it was over. The players were on in the first quarter but it was strategy and coaching that let us down.
2. Given everything that has happened over the past decade, I currently hold no memberships and my kids are most likely lost from Port. It’s absolutely shattering but I gave it a good shot by getting my son hyped for this finals series and taking him along to the Geelong game. But alas he’s lost all interest after that. By losing these families the club has to work so much harder to generate fresh replacements for the future.
3. Despite all of the frustration, the day Ken is gone I will be logging on to buy the most expensive membership available and will keep it forever. Will probably buy for the family too and keep trying to turn them back to Port. But until then, no memberships or spend of any kind on the club from us.
We just want our club back and a sense of hope again.
Please make the right call here even if personally difficult.

Sweet was banged up since late in the season. Maybe even the Freo mstch or earlier. He looked like a mummy at one point.

Sweet hurt his elbow or shoulder against the crows in the last showdown.

Should petition the AFL to move showdowns away from the last few weeks of the season, particularly when one team is looking finals bound while the other isn't.

Why would West Coast want him?

Our Board just need to grow a spine and accept Ken isn’t taking this group anywhere and will never deliver a
Flag.
If they are bringing in a first time coach they will also find a very experienced senior assistant. The soft cap doesn’t really apply to West Coast.

Ken would actually be good in that sort of a role. The media love him which would take so much pressure off a new coach.

Still can't believe the club is debating it. We really are so soft.

Take a step back, and ask yourself hypothetically, even if they had decided to move him on, there are some serious logistics they need to sort out with respect to football department expenditure which is related to any potential payout.

Unfortunately this requires a bit of nuance, and isn't as easy as making a phone call to Peter Blucher and Ken informing them of the Club's decision.

Would that imply that any coach love comments etc are scripted responses rather than personal views. Ie players media trained to keep public comments professional?

There are some players who genuinely love him. There are also a group who don't think much of him, and another group are indifferent. It is much the same with every coach. I don't think it's a specific directive by the Club's PR/media team though. But when your coach is under so much pressure, the players are going to be asked ad nauseam how they feel about Ken. It's all media spin to generate clicks.

Take Chris Fagan for instance. The players absolutely love him, but above all else, they respect him as a coach and as a man. They're certainly not going to the local RSL after gameday for a few bevies and a bet on the dogs that's for sure.

Regardless you deserve a top quality coffee for your insightful posts

Thanks, but the only coffee I do is in ice cream, cake (ie tiramisu) or espresso martinis :cool:

Do we have space in the soft cap for a couple of minders to sit on him?

With the way some people carry on in the forum I would have thought they would be willing to do such a job for free.

Decision on Ken 100% happening next week. Don't listen to all this 'maybe next week, maybe not' rubbish. Players who are thinking of coming here want to know who they will be playing under and trade week is the week after next, this will all be wrapped up soon 👍

Deadlines spur actions. Free agency starts next Friday, October 6. So things will have to be wrapped up by then. That is also the night of the Club's B&F which, if there is an amicable parting of ways, would be a good way to send Ken off (I'm merely thinking about the optics here).

At the same time, I suspect if the Club make the decision this week, they could hold off on making the news public and simply notify the prospective players they're interested in (like Perryman) that there will be some news being made public after the grand final of noteworthy substance.

We need West Coast to save us from ourselves.

They don't need West Coast to get rid of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back