Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

"Sack Hinkley" Threads - a history​

It all started in May 25th, 2019. Since then, 1,950 days have passed.

My post is #115,465. It's an average of 59.21 posts per day.

On the previous 11 threads, the rhythm has varied.

SH6, "Kochblocked", was the most short-lived. It lasted 34 days (from 7/12/22 to 8/15/22), with an average of 294.12 posts per day.

SH3, "2021 is worse than 2020 already", was the one who has lived the most: 568 days (from 11/23/2019 to 6/13/2021), averaging 17.6 posts daily.

The "Sack Hinkley" threads have last 176.64 days in average. The median is 116 days (SH2, "Septic Portaloo").

The shortest threads: SH6, 34 days; SH1, 66; SH9, 71; SH11, 75; SH5, 105.
The longest threads: SH3, 568 days; SH4, 289; SH10, 264; SH7, 235; SH8, 120.
I think it would be reasonable to include the precursor "I've lost my faith" thread in your analysis. That would take this history back another few years.

I guess some people are just private, but a 12 year AFL coach's wife having literally never been sighted at anything at the club ever is bizarre to me, especially when half the family is employed there.
Wait...has his wife never been at the club? Not even the b&f etc..?
If so that's fuking ridiculous.

I think it would be reasonable to include the precursor "I've lost my faith" thread in your analysis. That would take this history back another few years.

The third thread is still open, but no one posts there since 2019.

If he quits then surely he forgoes his 2025 salary. If he is sacked he would be entitled to at least some of not all of his final year dosh.

He won't quit.

It will get presented as a lovey dovey mutual parting of ways for him to save face.

On TB310FU using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't care if they lay out the red carpet for him as he departs for the last time - just as long as he doesn't come back!!!

If he quits then surely he forgoes his 2025 salary. If he is sacked he would be entitled to at least some of not all of his final year dosh.

He won't quit.

It will get presented as a lovey dovey mutual parting of ways for him to save face.

On TB310FU using BigFooty.com mobile app
It depends if he quits or he "quits".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. I do when I switch to English.

No momento em Uruguaiana, 20°C, chuva.

Currently in Uruguayana, 70°F, raining.

In English, I use inches, feet, yards, and miles; Fahrenheit; am/pm; ounces and pounds; etc.
And that won't change until Ken wins a preliminary final?

Wait...has his wife never been at the club? Not even the b&f etc..?
If so that's fuking ridiculous.

Maybe she has been and just hasn't been photographed? But I don't remember ever seeing or hearing from her and google turns up nothing.

Again, people have a right to be private, but it's just odd.

This is literally a recreation of a conversation I had on We are Port Adelaide FB Page. Some scenes and replies were changed for dramatic effect.

After the straight sets exit last year, I had a woman ask me “who ya gonna get” — but in a manner that inferred nobody wanted to come here regardless.

“Okay couch coach. Who would you replace him with?”

— “The best possible candidate. There are a stack of quality young assistants who would leap at the chance. We can’t keep wasting seasons and players’ careers assuming Ken will magically deliver if we’re just patient enough”

“You’re deflecting. Name them. Who are all these coaches lining up to coach Port Adelaide?”

Rucci’s non-stop dragging of the club and harking back to 2012 in service of lionising Hinkley has permanently mindf#%ked these types into believing we’re Shakhtar Baghdadelaide, and Ken is a sweet old gent sacrificing himself to stick around on everyone’s behalf.

Things can change quickly but it highlights how stupid that decision was. Most of us on here knew it & that's what's so infuriating.
We'll never know for sure, but maybe that decision ultimately cost us a grand final berth. At the very least, we'd know by now if Carr can coach.

After the straight sets exit last year, I had a woman ask me “who ya gonna get” — but in a manner that inferred nobody wanted to come here regardless.

“Okay couch coach. Who would you replace him with?”

— “The best possible candidate. There are a stack of quality young assistants who would leap at the chance. We can’t keep wasting seasons and players’ careers assuming Ken will magically deliver if we’re just patient enough”

“You’re deflecting. Name them. Who are all these coaches lining up to coach Port Adelaide?”

Rucci’s non-stop dragging of the club and harking back to 2012 in service of lionising Hinkley has permanently mindf#%ked these types into believing we’re Shakhtar Baghdadelaide, and Ken is a sweet old gent sacrificing himself to stick around on everyone’s behalf.

Also the "Ken has never had a great list" brigade are chiming in thick and fast.

Umm.....ok.

If Ken is demanding full payment of his 2025 salary to depart, then I’d be coming back with the question of whether he wants to be seen by the public as being sacked vs walking off on his own accord.

If the latter, then it will cost the forfeiture of half his salary.
I like your thinking, but I'm happy to pay it out if he just ****s off

I don't want to waste another season on this pleb and if it costs us his full salary then sobeit

And that won't change until Ken wins a preliminary final?

Rainbow Water GIF by Storyful

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back