Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

The MCG Grand Final is a blight on the competition but of course nobody in the Vic controlled media wants to talk about it.

In the modern era of the last 20 years, Victorian teams are 9-2 when facing non-Vic teams in Grand Finals. Victorian teams are +472 across 11 grand finals. It's an absolute disgrace. Locked in for another, what, 40 years as well?

If you go back further you get Brisbane coming off of an amalgamation with a cost of living allowance able to put together the greatest list of all time, and then the 90s where the Victorian teams hadn't adjusted to the modern era yet and got beaten by effective state teams a few times. But since we got through that teething issue era for Victorian football, they've hammered home that MCG advantage again and again.
Spot on.

I saw video footage of MCC members that probably support Carlton, Melbourne or Richmond scrambling into the G when gates opened to grab an unreserved seat. **** the whole league, it’s an utter joke.

The Sack Horse thread is moving much slower than I anticipated—disappointing effort from the theatergoers.

In the offseason, it usually slows down. It has happened to us too.

Brisbane went through everything the apologists strive to claim we did/do, but far worse, and actually succeeded on a narrower timeline:

• ‘Stud exodus!’: Crisp, Yeo, Polec, Redden, Rockliff, Hanley, Beams;

• ‘Basketcase!’: 17th, 17th, 18th from 2015-2017;

• ‘Nobody at games!’: sub-20,000 average home attendance from 2014-2018;

• ‘Nobody wanted to come!’: In the decade prior to Hodge and Birchall following Fagan up there, and excluding Dayne Beams who only moved home due to his father’s terminal illness, Brisbane’s biggest recruit was either Amon Buchanan or Ryan Bastinac;

• Injuries!: Kiddy Coleman, Tom Doedee, Darcy Gardiner and Linc McCarthy all out with ACL’s, atop McInerney’s dislocated shoulder;

It’s farcical.
Yeah but remember 2012?

Spare a thought for NSW though...

Would you rather have sent nobody to the Olympics? Or be responsible for sending Raygun to the Olympics?
First thought that crossed my mind, I admit.

The actual Kony has evaded capture longer than Hinkley has been coach, that's quite an impressive effort when you think about it.
Comparing them is a bit unfair.

One is a deranged narcissist that inflicted cruel and inhuman punishment on a group of young men by indoctrinating them into a cult of slavish devotion that ruined their prime years and robbed them of the chance of fulfilling their potential.

The other is Joseph Kony.

Last edited:
In the modern era of the last 20 years, Victorian teams are 9-2 when facing non-Vic teams in Grand Finals.

It all changed after 2006, didn’t it?

The MCG Grand Final is a blight on the competition

It’s true, but it’s also a nod to the VFL victory over the ANFC on the control of the game.

WA and SA have dropped the ball, and Victoria scored the goal and took home the win.

P.S.: This is also a discussion to be held in another thread.

Last edited:
Kicking to shithouse and praying to god that Charlie marks it. Is a crap gameplan that doesn’t work against the best teams? His high press constantly gets exposed time after time.

There is no similarity between Longmire or Fagan or Scott or anyone who is tactically astute.

Ken Hinkley is the biggest joke to ever walk into our club. 12 years of failure. 12 wasted fücking years, countless lists Ken has to win, and he can’t even make it to a grand final. We used to sack coaches for not making grand finals. I.e., God bless him, Geoff Motley. The Port Adelaide that most grew up with didn’t tolerate putting up without success. Our once ruthless board would have told Ken to get to fück after the Hawthorn game in 2015.

The constant blaming of everything else apart from the actual problem itself, which in this case is Ken, is why we are here, and supporters (most on here and me included) are coming off the top turnbuckle begging for the club to sack him. Think why members again, myself and most on here that are members, voted for Tredders to go on the board? To sack him and bring back our club to the giant it once was.

You have no idea how big our club is. We’re a fücking sleeping giant. We were a club that put fear, actual fear, into the opposition. Clubs hated versus because we gave the opposition hell. Since Hinkley and Co. have rocked up, all of that is gone, and yet, you and people like yourself keep defending Ken. It’s honestly beyond beggars belief that a certain minority keeps defending this loser.
This rant got my dick hard.

Give Hinkley the same generous concessions Fagan has benefited from (father sons and academy players) over the journey and I can guarantee that he wins a flag by now. We're essentially competing with one arm tied behind our back given all the advantages enjoyed by clubs in Victoria, Queensland and NSW.

Longmire is another coach who enjoys the benefits of father sons and academy players. Those who run our club are well aware of the advantages enjoyed by clubs in Victoria, Queensland and NSW and are doing their best to put us in positions to contend for a premiership.

You brush off four top 4 finishes in the last five years like it doesn't mean much but there are several clubs in Victoria who haven't made the top 4 for yonks despite all the advantages they get. Essendon for example haven't finished top 4 since 2001 and haven't won a final since 2004. Imagine if instead of not winning a flag since 2004 we're sitting here without a finals win since 2004? At least we've enjoyed some great finals wins in recent times unlike Essendon.
You are missing the point entirely! It's got nothing to do with what successes we have had under Hinkley - And there have been some. It's really about the missed opportunities & successes we should have got under Hinkley, but didnt because of:

• Refusal to blood new players through the year when injuries hit, instead opting to just rotate the same fringe players in and out, often then delisting them at seasons end. So many missed opportunities to develop new talent. Then near the end of season and you lose three players, and we are stuffed! Having to play Meade, FEvans, McEntee, and Narkle, et-al, all in the same game ... Game over! Fagan on the other hand just gave young players every opportunity based on form, and they were amazing, repaid him with a premiership!
  • Failure to develop a workable game plan that stands up to finals footy. We destroyed Sydney earlier this year, then Hinkley changed nothing for our prelim, expecting the same result - Just utter incompetence!
  • Putting the corpse of Charlie Dixon back in, and once again the "Bomb it to Charlie" method of forward entries failed miserably. We have been shouting from the rooftops for years about this, and finally commentators & media pundits are starting to notice what a mess it is.

There are many others, but these are the main ones I can think of. So let's give him another year, bring in the next lot of "missing pieces", then watch the exact same crap unfold in 2025. Just fricken stab me in the throat now and end my misery!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While true, it’s embarrassing that when the shoe was on the other foot, it was an all-Victorian Grand Final both years (Brisbane 2020, Perth 2021) — replete with Port getting played off the park by the Bulldogs in one Prelim, and Brisbane getting smashed at the Gabba by Geelong in another.

Unfortunately Brisbane and Sydney have ****ed us by both making the GF and thus ending our chances of the royal commission that was no doubt about to happen into why non-Vic sides can't win flags.

Trolls that come to this thread are dumb because there's nothing we like more than talking about how much Ken Hinkley needs to be sacked.

They come here thinking they are bringing new arguments. It’s bloody S.H. TWELVE!

WE aren’t bringing anything new anymore. Imagine Hinkley apologists…

The sacking oops!! I mean Kens Descion to not go on needs to be announced before Friday. Could you imagine the embarrassment for all if Ken gets on stage at the B&f and there were a couple of boos from the audience.
I've heard Koch is actually in town so hopefully he is here to rubber-stamp it all and get it done in the next couple of days

Apart from our continual finals failures & continually disgracing the club in important historical matches, I want a coach that represents the club in an articulate, intelligent manner. After all, these coaches are on big money. I don't want some country hick who struggles to put coherent sentences together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back