Opinion Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't actually care about a single player on the list at this current time besides SPP.

Rozee etc. included.

If they aren't here to win, * them off. No matter how big the name is or how big their brand is if their primary goal isn't winning. Get out.
Bit hard on JHF

I don't actually care about a single player on the list at this current time besides SPP.

Rozee etc. included.

If they aren't here to win, * them off. No matter how big the name is or how big their brand is if their primary goal isn't winning. Get out.
I'm not the same. We have a swathe of first round picks that are critical to our future, with no 1st rounder next year and while we're stuck in a mid table rut, there isn't an infusion of great picks coming into this lineup anytime soon. So we basically need all of those 1st rounders to be successful picks, even with a new coach, for us to be a chance of future flags.

Marshall, SPP, Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Jones, JHF, Bergman, Sinn, Georgiades, even can include Burgoyne to that. If those guys don't come on, if they aren't the future core leading this side in the next couple years, then we're going to be facing some long term pain.

I don't think i like this club much anymore.
Thought the exact same walking out of the game on Saturday night.

Haven't felt like I love my club and footy for a little while. I'm also very worried about how far away success actually is. Honestly I truly believe we are another entire cycle of bottoming out, and drafting, away from any potential success.

Haven't felt like I love my club and footy for a little while. I'm also very worried about how far away success actually is. Honestly I truly believe we are another entire cycle of bottoming out, and drafting, away from any potential success.
I actually dont mind the cycling/drafting process. It's certainly more exciting than this rut we've been in for about 7 years.

Nah we have good young mids & the semblance of a decent forward line post Dixon.

Back line & ruck are the issues but not a generation killer.

Thought the exact same walking out of the game on Saturday night. you just feel like a number on a membership list. Dare i say it, a "customer" list. The whole joint absolutely stinks to high heaven. It's gross.

It's not even that. In that 2010-12 era i felt totally connected spiritually to the club, as big a shitshow as it was back then. You rode all of the many lows with the club and the highs, as few and far between as they were. You just felt part of something back then.
Nowadays you just feel like a random number on a membership list, dare i say, a "customer" list, being endlessly mined for cash. The entire joint stinks to high heaven. It's f**king gross.

It's not even that. In that 2010-12 era i felt totally connected spiritually to the club, as big a shitshow as it was back then. You rode all of the many lows with the club and the highs, as few and far between as they were. You just felt part of something back then.
Nowadays you just feel like a random number on a membership list, dare i say, a "customer" list, being endlessly mined for cash. The entire joint stinks to high heaven. It's f**king gross.

I will always love this club.

There might be dickheads running it, coaching it, whatever ... but they are not the club.

They are simply transient custodians of the most storied history in football.

This club is made up of the giants of the game, Ebert, Williams, Quinn, Cahill, the list goes on.

Not the insignificant pebbles around the base.

There might be dickheads running it, coaching it, whatever ... but they are not the club.

This club is made up of the giants of the game, Ebert, Williams, Quinn, Cahill, the list goes on.

The problem is, what happens when the pillars succumb to time and all you have left are the pebbles. This is what we face. We are running out of time to restore what we were with the help of those who lived it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's one of the best games of football i ever attended. Poor old tribey, it was the only game of the year he missed and Warren went nuts!
How was all the players running to Tredrea and he's just like no you spuds, get ****ing back!

I love the club too but none of the greats - even those alive - really have much to do with the club anymore. And even those who want to don’t have an avenue in under the current administration and oversight of the AFL. Each year that passes the great years become more distant and the culture of mediocrity becomes more entrenched. Even any new coach who comes in, or future administrators, are only likely to pay lip service to the creed. It is beyond depressing.

Also sack Sutcliffe. How could he still be captain of the SANFL side when Aaron Young was available, and we sent Sam Mayes packing as well.
I CANNOT LIKE THIS ENOUGH RossFC
We have Matthew Lobbe Head of Development and Sutcliffe a Development Coach as well as SANFL captain. Let that sink in.

Can we ****ing sack the "make the community proud" horseshit added to our sacred motto with this dickhead too?

LeArN aBoUT tHe ClUb WaRrEn

Warren Tredrea even more of a club legend standing up and saying what had to be said about Ken. Love the big man.

I've just had another giggle as I just realised yeah, Cahill bought some Port doughnuts to the club in the lead up to the showdown. That's funny on it's own, however...

The club social media shared it without any idea that he was clearly giving the club shit. Absolutely tonedeaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back