Opinion Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, the key will be to not write anything offensive, and don't hold them over advertising signs, especially not the electronic ones.

Stickerman has led the way, "Sack Hinkley" is already a recognised term. Unless you want to target Koch specifically, that's a great way to go.
There is no doubt kern has to go but I'm now of the opinion Koch should be the primary target of member unrest, done correctly with eg a large group in a very conspicuous area (ala the aforementioned hill ) using some well worded and organised chants, plus some banners or placards stating the obvious would be a very strong attack on his ego and I suspect that could be very effective.

There is no doubt kern has to go but I'm now of the opinion Koch should be the primary target of member unrest, done correctly with eg a large group in a very conspicuous area (ala the aforementioned hill ) using some well worded and organised chants, plus some banners or placards stating the obvious would be a very strong attack on his ego and I suspect that could be very effective.

I'd love for there to be some Koch Out banners mixed in. Koch absolutely needs to know that he's hitched his wagon to a very unpopular coach and he's got about 2 weeks to do something about it or he's going down as well.

GO FOR IT GUYS, GO FOR IT.
I live in the country and miss this sort of action. Something must be done I have never seen such open displays of bastardry being executed by some of the low life self entitled pricks who have blatantly hijacked this club.
GO FOR IT.
If it is possible it should also be documented with photos so the message can get out to other mediums.
Cheers to all those near and far who stand up to off load these fraudulent mascaraders.

I know we have a few threads up on the current mess but I didn't want this to get lost in the sea of posts because I think we need to achieve a specific outcome. Making life uncomfortable and unstable for the club begins here.

The absolute legend that is Stickerman showed very clearly that public embarrassment is a very effective tool for getting this issue in the media.

I understand that many are choosing to not attend the showdown in protest, and I am fully supportive of people who feel that way. I'll also be not attending starting in round 1 2023. But consider that the club doesn't care. They don't care about your attendance or not. The crowd figure won't be low, because it's a showdown, so it's not like we can keep people away, get a 15,000 and use that against the club.

What will get to them is a very widespread, very public anti-Hinkley, anti-Koch sentiment. They hate the blowtorch being applied to them, they hate losing control of the narrative.

Many of you will remember my Sack Hinkley banner, which I took in the final round of 2018. I was pretty bitterly abused for it by the people sitting around me at the time. That banner is coming to the showdown and from my front row seat on the outer wing, i'll be doing everything I can to get it on TV.

I'm putting it to everyone reading this to get a piece of cardboard or a bedsheet, some black paint, and to make a sign.

"Sack Hinkley"
"Sack Koch"
"Hinkley Out"
"Koch Out"
"Time for Change"

Something simple, punchy and effective. You've now got over a week to make it. Further, if you've got some non-BigFooty friends or family who feel the same way we do, get them on board. Let them know that there will definitely be at least 1 other banner in the front row of bay 133 and that they are fighting the good fight by doing this.

My Sack Hinkley banner might not make the news by itself, it didn't quite make the magnitude of splash I was hoping for last time. But if we have a banner in every bay, it becomes impossible for the club to ignore. The media can't spin that we're a small minority of supporters when there's banners everywhere.

If someone is genuine about organising a skywriter or similar, I would happily chip in.

This is how we fight back. We either disappear into the night or we start to try to exert some influence over the club. If you've been wondering what you can do, this is a great start.

You’re doing God’s work my friend.

This is far from over.

Viva la resistance!

I just sent an email to caroline Wilson. I wrote to her once before and she wrote back. David Koch and Ken Hinkley need to be scrutinised and held accountable for their actions. I dont think the club and the individuals have the backbone to counter public scrutiny.
Let us know if you get a reply.

Robbie Gray owes his career to Ken Hinkley. As a thankyou, his retirement game will be used to shield Ken Hinkley from any criticism in the media. Any boos will be from ungrateful supporters and directed at Robbie Gray.

If you want to be noticed you'll have to go really big.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about this: cancel your memberships.

That's the only way you'll get your message heard loud and clear.

You can do both! A huge membership drop off is vital to what we're trying to achieve.

We need to show the club that they've made a very unpopular decision. We need to hit them in the 2 places we know it hurts. Financial bottom line and public discussion about their performances and suitability.

Other way to send a message to the club and still support the team is to not partake in Never Tear Us Apart for all following games until Ken and Koch are gone, or they stop playing because fans aren't partaking

Cancelling the membership is the best thing to do for next year, but the horse has bolted on this years. So use the last games you have to attend and loudly and visibly protest.

Port membership cancellations made one - SEN (Vic) news bulletin late this morning. Subsequently dropped - pressure applied to Hutchy?
Every time anyone criticises, they flip it the next time they talk on the topic. The AFL and PAFC have a tight grip on the narrative. Being a port supporter is just being dumb at this point.

One suggestion I will make that is mostly available to many, is an A4/A3 size printout with Sack hinkley/koch etc

Keep it to that nothing offensive, threatening, obscene etc as you will be turfed out and probably banned

Only 1 camera at ground level on the eastern side roughly about the wing, but it can be approached and if you are reasonable and polite they will likely record it

How about this: cancel your memberships.

That's the only way you'll get your message heard loud and clear.

Don't bother cancelling at this point in the season as they have your money and you count towards the membership tally

But I will implore all and sundry to remove auto-renewal of membership for 2023 and for those not doing that previously DO NOT RENEW for 2023

SACK HINKLEY

SACK KOCH

Last night when I paraphrased what George Bush said on top of the pile of debris at ground zero that - the people who have done this miserable disservice to our club, will hear from us all very soon - this is exactly the sort of simple yet effective thing I was immediately thinking of.

But there will be other things to.
I have had some interesting and confidential feedback (from several people) over the last 2 hours, and I can tell you all, these miserable people are hearing from us loud and clear.

We need to keep up the pressure. We need to run further than Burgo would push us, and we need to get a harder ball than Ollie Wines gets.

For those of us who want our old club back, this is our Arab Spring moment. Kick the dictators out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back