Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How good does Kingsley look. He's a middle-aged Adonis making more mature ladies weak at the knees than George Clooney at his peak. Stand him next to old mate, who looks like he scored his Port polo from Arndale Salvos, just for the lol's.

I feel like Toby Thurstans could pilot Ned Zelic’s Auxerre to the latter stages of the Intertoto Cup despite not knowing what a libero is.

That 2004 team really is the class the stars fell on.

Let's all be serious, does anybody actually think we'll beat Brisbane at the Gabba?

I mean, it’s possible.

Brisbane, for all the froth and bubble about their record up there (30 wins and 3 losses in their last 33, is it?) are just as flakey as favourites at the pointy end as us.

Everything is funny if you're apathetic enough

Yeah, when i contacted the club to cancel my membership they're like "you do realise, if you cancel now you won't be in the running for grand final tickets?".

I'm all, "Dude, if they make the grand final i can't even guarantee i'll be watching it on television".

I mean, it’s possible.

Brisbane, for all the froth and bubble about their record up there (30 wins and 3 losses in their last 33, is it?) are just as flakey as favourites at the pointy end as us.
Unbeaten at the Gabba this year for the first time ever. They didn't even do that in the early 2000's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dwayne Russell: port powa fans demanded finals (something that 45% of teams achieve every single year) and ken Hinkley had delivered (in season 11) and the powa fans are overjoyed!
The port fans were clearly dead inside at the game lol

I was there, half the game people were just staring into space… then golf claps or abusing the umpires.
The players were made to apologize to daddy for their performance.

Yeah, when i contacted the club to cancel my membership they're like "you do realise, if you cancel now you won't be in the running for grand final tickets?".

I'm all, "Dude, if they make the grand final i can't even guarantee i'll be watching it on television".

'If you cancel now you won't be in the running for grand final tickets!' - club that won't make the grand final anyway

Let's all be serious, does anybody actually think we'll beat Brisbane at the Gabba? I'm getting 2007 vibes about this years finals series.

We might. Brisbane aren't amazing.

But showing up mentally 3 times in a row to win the flag? lol. lmao.

The port fans were clearly dead inside at the game lol

For better or worse, the once ubiquitous post-goal Power Clap Clap Clap chant has disappeared this season because nobody cares enough.

I think I burned through more phone battery at that game than I ever have before.

Sack Hinkley 10 - Its a bit scary playing finals

I’m struggling to see what the planned benefit to his perennial loser talk is,

• overplaying the ‘humble’ card to ensure not giving the oppo any psychological ammo?

• reverse psychology? ‘hmm you know what? I’m actually not scared, daddy! in fact it’s the opposite, actually! I’ll show you!’

• projection? attempting to psy-op the oppo into believing they should be scared/nervous by the raised stakes?

On past evidence, the 2013/14 finals aside, we seem to have approached September with all the mental focus and calm fortitude of Scooby Doo jumping into Shaggy’s arms.

I’m struggling to see what the planned benefit to his perennial loser talk is,

• overplaying the ‘humble’ card to ensure not giving the oppo any psychological ammo?

• reverse psychology? ‘hmm you know what? I’m actually not scared, daddy! in fact it’s the opposite, actually! I’ll show you!’

• projection? attempting to psy-op the oppo into believing they should be scared/nervous by the raised stakes?

On past evidence, the 2013/14 finals aside, we seem to have approached September with all the mental focus and calm fortitude of Scooby Doo jumping into Shaggy’s arms.

There's no planned benefit, it's just what he/they genuinely feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back