Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m struggling to see what the planned benefit to his perennial loser talk is,

• overplaying the ‘humble’ card to ensure not giving the oppo any psychological ammo?

• reverse psychology? ‘hmm you know what? I’m actually not scared, daddy! in fact it’s the opposite, actually! I’ll show you!’

• projection? attempting to psy-op the oppo into believing they should be scared/nervous by the raised stakes?

On past evidence, the 2013/14 finals aside, we seem to have approached September with all the mental focus and calm fortitude of Scooby Doo jumping into Shaggy’s arms.
Lowering expectation, so that when we inevitably fail, nobody takes that to think that we should stop paying him money.

There's no planned benefit, it's just what he/they genuinely feel.

I mean yeah, it’s just… for a purported supercoach of such universal respect and renown you’d think he’d have more of a blueprint than “oh dear lol here we go again I guess!”

• overplaying the ‘humble’ card to ensure not giving the oppo any psychological ammo?

• reverse psychology? ‘hmm you know what? I’m actually not scared, daddy! in fact it’s the opposite, actually! I’ll show you!’

• projection? attempting to psy-op the oppo into believing they should be scared/nervous by the raised stakes?

On past evidence, the 2013/14 finals aside, we seem to have approached September with all the mental focus and calm fortitude of Scooby Doo jumping into Shaggy’s arms.

Just do your best and daddy loves you anyway for saving his job 😘

To make it clear that this season is job done, mission accomplished. We've made it to the big scary finals and that's more than a little battler club from Alberton should ever hope for.

To make it clear that this season is job done, mission accomplished. We've made it to the big scary finals and that's more than a little battler club from Alberton should ever hope for.

69F89E80-61E4-4471-9C80-1802735A08B0.jpeg

“I made you think we exist to win premierships”

38BF3148-C058-40F2-810F-24250DBCE66F.jpeg

“But we don’t though!”

Well, as a past Gold Coast assistant told me re Hinkley - "I'm not sure how up-to-handling the pressure of AFL coaching he is...". So it's probably as simple as: the pressure gets to him, and he lets stuff like "finals are a bit scary" slip out.

Great to be a Port supporter hey. Fingers. ****in. Crossed.

The gormless twit standing there on the boundary with his gut hanging out, no headphones on, doing absolutely nothing... Such a beautiful mind at work 😍
QuarterlyAdventurousGyrfalcon-max-1mb.gif

Well, as a past Gold Coast assistant told me re Hinkley - "I'm not sure how up-to-handling the pressure of AFL coaching he is...". So it's probably as simple as: the pressure gets to him, and he lets stuff like "finals are a bit scary" slip out.

Great to be a Port supporter hey. Fingers. *in. Crossed.
He's not up to it.

Oh for a player to come off the ground and scream ‘Jinkies’ at Ken during the first quarter in Brisbane down by five goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like Toby Thurstans could pilot Ned Zelic’s Auxerre to the latter stages of the Intertoto Cup despite not knowing what a libero is.

I hope when you pass into the next life, your brain is studied for the benefit of future generations.

Would it hurt to actually say something like "We're fit and have pretty much our full list to choose from, The feeling around the club is great. We're up to our necks in this premiership race, and as good a chance as anyone to win the whole thing.

No chest beating or false bravado, just quiet confidence. But nah.

Of course someone from a club and an era where they repeatedly choked in finals wants to believe that winning finals is just luck. It's a massive part of his ego and identity.

He sounds exactly like Graham Cornes who had similar experiences at Glenelg.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's absolutely ****ed that we're stuck in this eternal hell because Ken Hinkley was brave instead of being a deer in the headlights for 2 finals series 9 years ago
Debatable. He got scared at halftime of his second final in charge and never looked forward again after that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back