Sack Longmire tomorrow?

• yes

Votes: 61 62.2%
  • monday

Votes: 37 37.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Need a change need a fresh look
And some personnel changes …i know we Will never do it but I’d love to see em axe horse ,not just because of the grand final losses but more because we just need a fresh set of eyes on it I think the players could do with a different perspective gunna b so hard to bounce back from this new coach doesn’t have that baggage and can just get on with straight up

I'd prefer we didn't sack Horse , I would just like to see him step aside or commit to a succession plan, or the footy department have a review .

But yeah he has had a long time, no coach has a worse Grand final record for 4 or more grannies.

You don't want to go through coaches but to put the amount of time Horse has been in the job every other club has had the following amount of coaches and flags (not counting fill ins

Adelaide 5 - 0
Brisbane 3 - 1
Carlton 5- 0
Collingwood 3 - 1
Essendon 5- 0
Fremantle 3- 0
Geelong 1- 1
Gws 3-0
gold coast 4-0
Hawthorn 2-3
Melbourne 4-1
North 4-0
Port 2-0
Richmond 2-3
Stkilda 4-0
Western Bulldogs 3-1
West Coast 2-1

What's that show maybe heck all, but only one side kept one coach during all of this and they did win a flag in that time. Every other club has at least looked to a fresh voice in this time even those with a flag.

I guess my point is even the best clash has an expiry date

Do you think Longmire can win another flag? He’s done everything right until the grand final.

Beat Giants in a final ✅
Beat Power after 8 losses ✅
Didn’t play an injured Mills ✅
Plays McDonald ❌

Take responsibility for grand final loss ❌

Do you think Longmire can win another flag? He’s done everything right until the grand final.

Beat Giants in a final ✅
Plays McDonald ❌
Possibly, yeah, though I think we might have the balance of the team out a bit.

But it also might be time to start the transition to another coach, in a methodical way. Not completely sure yet.

Possibly, yeah, though I think we might have the balance of the team out a bit.

But it also might be time to start the transition to another coach, in a methodical way. Not completely sure yet.

A review may well find Horse is 100% the right man but he needs to do X differently or have X Support

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do have a question for people defending Horse, and this is an actual question, not meant to be harsh.
How many grand final beltings would convince you that Longmire isn't the coach?
100% genuine question, I'm interested to see what people.
Just don’t think knee jerk reactions are particularly helpful for club harmony. Particularly so for a long term coach, who it seems is well endeared to his players, who has been a huge part of the most successful era of Swans teams in our history.

Dumping one level, let alone up to three levels of management (as some have suggested) in the emotion of it all is not how successful organisations operate.

If he is to go, and I accept that may be the case, then it should be done via a transition in 2025 in a professional manner as he starts to step back and see out his contract (handing more responsibility to Cox or whomever).

Beat Giants in a final ✅
Plays McDonald ❌
Logan playing wasn't the difference in the result.

We can cling to reasons why we lost but all factors were in our favour other than mental.

Keep Horse but if you all want him sacked Stuart Dew is the ideal replacement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Horse

Back