Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine thinking that having a public spat with one of our favourite sons is going to end well. Koch's instincts are atrocious.
His instincts are overridden by his ego.

Bitter, especially in this context, is used as a barb to suggest the person has lost their objectivity and is indulging in a tantrum for not getting one’s own way.

It’s similar to how whistleblowers are often mischaracterised as “disgruntled employees” to invalidate and short-circuit their message.

Warren’s nothing of the sort.
If we had more Warren Tredrea's right now, we wouldn't be in this mess!!! Same would apply if we had 1 less David Koch.

Forget names it’s all about what this club stood for.
Strong management willing to make hard discussions for the benefit of the club.
We now have PW management that leads to a PW coach who coaches PW players.
It starts at the top, fix that and everything else will eventually get back on track.
Ignore it and it will spell doom for the club.

Had lunch with a couple of mates yesterday. One of them mentioned that he's observed first hand what a snob David Koch is. Guys like Tim Ginever actually engage with those they meet - not so Kochie, who merely looks down his nose at people, and keeps on walking. To me it kinda summarises his opinion of Port fans: if they have the audacity to disagree with him, he dismisses them as "white noise".
I know a fairly well heeled bloke who attempted to approach koch a few years back with the view to making what many would consider to be a reasonably substantial donation to the club.

He was casually dressed at the time and in his words got brushed off like he was some sort of front bar yobbo.
He told me that in his opinion if he had been wearing his business suit the reception from koch would have almost certainly been considerably different.

I know a fairly well heeled bloke who attempted to approach koch a few years back with the view to making what many would consider to be a reasonably substantial donation to the club.

He was casually dressed at the time and in his words got brushed off like he was some sort of front bar yobbo.
He told me that in his opinion if he had been wearing his business suit the reception from koch would have almost certainly been considerably different.
That’s Koch.

The counter to him is not to let him get away with it.

He brushed me off, too, when I first spoke to him - at Before The Bounce, ANZAC round, 2013.

He brushed me off because he didn’t know who I was, because he didn’t care who I might be, and because I was wearing medals.

Obviously I was a digger from the trenches … not a staff officer from the top brass mess.

He only made me try harder … for longery … to spite him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tredders is merely voicing what most of us are thinking. He loves Port Adelaide, and hates what his beloved club has become in recent years. So I applaud him for his stance!!!
Unable to quote simmo's post, but, he only spoke up in the press because the club wouldn't listen to him any other way. If they had allowed him a voice on the board or at least listened to his opinions with an open mind he probably wouldn't have needed to go public to this degree.

Koch has picked a fight with the wrong person. Warren isn't suddenly going to let up, and Koch has absolutely no power to muzzle him.

Going to be fascinating off-field as we see the on-field results see the season spin into a car crash.

Last edited:
The media are obviously going to have a field day with this. I wonder if Koch thought he could just dismiss Tredders as bitter, pull out the 'many other legends of the club' line and have the whole thing go away. Looking at the amount of support Tredders is getting and knowing he's up for the fight, Koch may have got more than he bargained for.

It's bizarre Koch feels the need to get so involved in the football side of the club. Just sign sponsors and sort the business side and we'd all love him for doing the thing he has some background in.
He obviously thinks ken would make a good hire for middle management at some non specific sales business and doubled/tripled down on him but has failed to realise that a coach also needs some technical ability and specific knowledge to set a gameplan and structure

The media are obviously going to have a field day with this. I wonder if Koch thought he could just dismiss Tredders as bitter, pull out the 'many other legends of the club' line and have the whole thing go away. Looking at the amount of support Tredders is getting and knowing he's up for the fight, Koch may have got more than he bargained for.
Koch is a creature of traditional legacy media (network TV stations, radio, newspapers). It doesn't matter anymore if traditional media doesn't give Tredders a platform. They can't make him go away.

The goalposts have changed now with the internet (podcasts, social media). Tredders can't be silenced, and for that we should be grateful.

Onya Benny. I know he was always highly regarded by those who dealt with him and not sure why he left the club, I wonder if he was another that either left because of the current admin, or got pushed out.
Yes

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back