Saints Game - My Lineup

Remove this Banner Ad

simmo_b

Rookie
Oct 5, 2004
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
It won't happen but I'd like to see us go in with a younger line up than last week and give the Wights and Walshes a run. I'd love to see a line up like the following go into Friday's game:

BACKS: Mitch Hahn, Cameron Wight, Jordan McMahon,
H-BACK: Lindsay Gilbee Brian Harris Patrick Bowden
WING: Daniel Giansiracusa, Farren Ray
CENTER SQ: Luke Darcy, Scott West, Robert Murphy, Adam Cooney
H-FORW: Daniel Bandy, Jade Rawlings, Brad Johnson
FORW: Rohan Smith, Chris Grant, Cameron Faulkner

INTERCHANGE:
Daniel Cross,, Ben Harrison, Tim Walsh
Will Minson, Matthew Boyd, Ryan Griffen

Dry Rot said:
Welcome to the Doggies Board, Simmo B.

Question for me is how hard Eade is going at the Wizard Cup to win for team confidence & increased membership?

Will affect team selection.

I reckon he'd have to be starting to wind up for it a bit. The membership + momentum benefits are just massive. The three teams who made it to the last 4 last year who had not been finalists the year before, all went on to finish top 5.

Eade should be trying to win this game, and St. Kilda presents a good measuring stick to measure where we're at as a team.

I wouldn't make any changes. Stick with a winning formula and allow the players to redeem themselves tomorrow night from the mistakes some players may have made.

we should be playing our best team and go all out to try and win this game. its only the wiz cup, but its a massive game for our club at the moment.

I dropped KMac, Power, Skipper and Shaggy from the list of 28. Don't see how this weakens the team personally, as none have set the world alight. Not sure any of the above on form deserves to stop Wight or Walsh getting a run.

simmo_b said:
I dropped KMac, Power, Skipper and Shaggy from the list of 28. Don't see how this weakens the team personally, as none have set the world alight. Not sure any of the above on form deserves to stop Wight or Walsh getting a run.

The only things that stop Wight and Walsh getting a run are themselves.

X_box_X said:
The only things that stop Wight and Walsh getting a run are themselves.

Obviously you were more impressed with the game against Sydney than I was. I found the mistakes (in particular from so-called senior players) frightening. If we can't find a spot in the Wizard cup for some young blokes to see how they go in the big stuff then how are we going to go in the regular season? More of the same I guess...

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints Game - My Lineup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back