Autopsy Saints kick the Bombers butts far into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

He was waiting for the correct response.

Who’s there?

3539789e8683da2802c9714f97514bfb.jpg

Owens!
Owens who ??????

My key take aways:

* Favorite part was how organised we were without the ball. Essendon looked clueless as to how to transition the ball out of defence.

* no thanks Shiel, you had your chance. We have better ways to spend $1 mill per year

* our fwd and back lines are good enough. We "just" need 2 gun mids (Poo could be 1) and some proper ruck depth

* if Battle is worth $900k then we better be prepared to pay Wlikie, Nas, Marshall, Sinclair, etc $1.8m each because they are that much more valuable. I would back Enright to replace Battle in our system and if we can then trade his pick (ie pick 6) for a young gun mid (aka a Finn Callaghan type) then I am all for it

* if Battle is worth $900k then we better be prepared to pay Wlikie, Nas, Marshall, Sinclair, etc $1.8m each because they are that much more valuable. I would back Enright to replace Battle in our system and if we can then trade his pick (ie pick 6) for a young gun mid (aka a Finn Callaghan type) then I am all for it
This is exactly the problem with the "just pay Battle whatever it takes" proposition.
As soon as we overpay Battle surely Doogs and Wilkie, who both play on better players, are knocking on SOSs door demanding extra as well. And then players who reckon they're better than Dougal can line up as well.

My key take aways:

* Favorite part was how organised we were without the ball. Essendon looked clueless as to how to transition the ball out of defence.

* no thanks Shiel, you had your chance. We have better ways to spend $1 mill per year

* our fwd and back lines are good enough. We "just" need 2 gun mids (Poo could be 1) and some proper ruck depth

Controversial but agree.....

Being a selfish bastard I want Battle to stay and a gun mid we need both.

My key take aways:

I am so torn with this part of the Battle discussion. I want him to stay and we are a much better team with him, but it's hard to justify the money being talked for him when he's our 4th best player in the defensive 6.

Another great team performance.

Among all the star performances, I think I'm most impressed with Byrnes and his turn around. He looked awful in the VFL but has been a vital part in our improved form since coming back into the senior side. His work rate is excellent and his skills have improved a lot too. Deserves an extension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The autopsy thread on the Essendon board as been entertaining reading this morning.

salty-tears.gif

Even though they are still a chance of playing finals I would rather be in our position than theirs.

I can't see them playing finals anyway with games against Freo, Gold Coast, Sydney and Brisbane to come.

They are probably only a chance of beating the Suns due to playing them at Marvel and the Suns are hopeless away from home.

Watched him a lot in VFL, he would get it constantly, then stop and be indecisive and slow up the play.
Yesterday there was none of that, disposal was crisp, handball decisive and ran through the midfield that opened the field.

The frustrating thing with Jones are his constant injuries. Could never get back in form. Like Wood at North, would look good, be out for a month then look poor for a month before another two good games and another injury.
A good run of games and they look a different player. Feel of the game and touch at AFL level.is very important.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can see it with Clark as well. Hopefully they both see out the season in one piece.

Dont under sell that win people. We were the best version of ourselves we have been all year, I think we even played better than we did in that win against the Swans. Bombers are struggling but we absolutely put them to the sword which is the sign of a team playing with huge confidence. Its just a shame its taken so long into the season to really find our best footy - but if thats the bench mark the future is looking bright.

As an add on I believe Byrnes deserves not just a 1 year contract but something more substantial. Jones and Membrey have done enough to deserve to go around again. Jones is probably playing the best team footy he has played for a long long time.

Might prefer to be a playing mentor for young players at an AFL club for $250k opposed to working a 9-5 for a fraction of that
I don’t know why, but I’ve always had a huge soft spot for Timmy.
If we’re not going to guarantee him seniors footy (and we can’t do that at this stage of our development obviously) I’d have absolutely no problem if he got another go at a different team.

I think Stavro has mentioned a little while back that some other teams had shown interest in him.

Another great team performance.

Among all the star performances, I think I'm most impressed with Byrnes and his turn around. He looked awful in the VFL but has been a vital part in our improved form since coming back into the senior side. His work rate is excellent and his skills have improved a lot too. Deserves an extension.
Spot on.
He’s always been an energiser bunny sort, but his kicking (inside 50 as well) has improved enormously. He’s a real go-er. I like him.

He just looks the type to take a massive pack mark in the dying minutes of a final.

At either end...

Tough call. I don't know what I'd prefer.
We’ve got Sharman and Roma for that 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Saints kick the Bombers butts far into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back