Autopsy Saints kick the Bombers butts far into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Straight swap amirite?

Honestly take Boinner every day of the week. Shiel is a 32 yo shit kick,doesn't get on the park and gets a $1 million per season to do it. Bonner is a depth player who will be able to keep on the list ready to step in in case of injury to Nas or Sinclair for a few seasons and on minimal wages.

I haven't done these for a while but here's our coaches votes totals for the year after this round.

35+: Marshall (36, votes in 8 matches)
30+: Wanganeen-Milera (33 in 7), Sinclair (32 in 5), Steele (31 in 8)
25+:
20+:
15+: Wilkie (16 in 8), Hill (15 in 5), Battle (12 in 4)
10+: Higgins (10 in 2), Phillipou (10 in 1), Sharman (10 in 1)
5+: Membrey (9 in 1), Wilson (8 in 1), Wood (7 in 1), Henry (6 in 2)
1+: Windhager (4 in 3), Ross (4 in 1), King (3 in 1), Caminiti (1 in 1), Dow (1 in 1)

Zeros: Owens (19 matches played), Bonner (18), Ross (13), Butler (12),Byrnes (12), Stocker (12), Howard (11), Webster (11), Jones (9), Clark (8), Cordy (8), Garcia (6), Hastie (5), Paton (4), Schoenmaker (4), Collard (3), Campbell (2), Hayes (2), Crouch (1)

Not sure if you know or not but when you get solar panels fitted the grid supply company will automatically switch you to time of use tariff (the most expensive of course)

Make sure you contact your energy supplier if you want a different tariff arrangement. (what a load of shite privitisation has brought us)

Yeah - when the distributor approves the system they automatically switch it to Time of Use, its up to you to contact your retailer if you want anything else.

They're supposedly smart meters, why the f*** can't they remember what tariff you had it set on.

Oh yeah - privatised system. 1st profits and then a long long long last is the customer.
god damn sharks
ive just had solar fitted
better check that out

good call pebbles
cheers

Thoughts:

• Bonner's best game for the club
  • Last fortnight Zac Jones deserves a list spot in in 2025
  • Marshall DESTROYED Draper
  • Mitchito is back
  • Hard to dislike the Caminiti-Membrey-Sharman key forward group
  • Who comes out for Phillipou?
prob stocker
he was named at half back with bonner on the bench last week
stocks seemed to tag merrit i think so prob give pou that mid spot

or byrnes comes out

??

Coops highlights v Injectors (look away now Cairnsman ;) )

Have a look at 0.50 - thats how a fwd line operates.

Byrnes gets the ball, Higgo leads up which creates space behind which Sharman leads into.

Caminiti looks to the corridor for the long ball which means his man has to stay with him.

Byrnes gets the ball, Higgo leads up which creates space behind which Sharman leads into.

Caminiti looks to the corridor for the long ball which means his man has to stay with him.
Go back and have a look where Mackay is, about 40 metres out nowhere near any Saints forward. Holy shit, completely pulled out of position and leaves a pensioner in Heppell to compete with Coops.

Jesus Christ.

Sheedy (before he got on the sauce) always used to say never judge a player until he has played 50 games
Yeah that’s ok. But what about the but that goes, ‘a bunch of youngsters might show promise, they might gel together for a season or two, but ultimately, they were just mediocre
‘ this is what happened to St Kilda up to 2017?? So patience is good, but don’t assume that a diamond is under the quartz.

I think his point was he would only really know whether most players were not up to it, serviceable or a very good player until 50 games. Roger Merrett probably not a bad example. Most need time to build their tank & body & come to terms with the speed of the game & the game plan

There are always exceptions, in our case probably a Robert Harvey, came in at 16 & just got better & better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't done these for a while but here's our coaches votes totals for the year after this round.

25+:
20+:
1+: Windhager (4 in 3), Ross (4 in 1), King (3 in 1), Caminiti (1 in 1), Dow (1 in 1)

Zeros: Owens (19 matches played), Bonner (18), Ross (13), Butler (12),Byrnes (12), Stocker (12), Howard (11), Webster (11), Jones (9), Clark (8), Cordy (8), Garcia (6), Hastie (5), Paton (4), Schoenmaker (4), Collard (3), Campbell (2), Hayes (2), Crouch (1)
this week was:
10 Cooper Sharman (STK)
7 Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera (STK)
6 Jack Steele (STK)
5 Rowan Marshall (STK)
1 Anthony Caminiti (STK)
1 Callum Wilkie (STK)

25+:
20+:

Any of that top group of 4 players could win the B&F this year.

All are in great form atm.

I'd absolutely love to see Big Ro win his first B&F.

I personally thought he should have won the 2019 B&F but he was pipped on the post by Seb.

The Brownlow votes for 2019 also had Seb on top of the pile for Saints players.

What a game Big Ro had on Sat arvo.

He's just getting better as the season rolls on.

Did someone say AA...??????

View attachment 2062754

Please Mr Lyon,

Can we have some more...

Everyone from this year has debuted. So we really only have a few from last year. Van Es is done for the year. Hotton looks a way off. Keeler still too raw I'd say. Allison I wouldn't mind seeing get a game just cos why not. But with Camma and Sharman having days out he's pretty far down the list.

Only others are McLennan, the Irish lad and Heath I think. All unlikely.

I'd give Hotton and Allison a game just to see what they got. Van Es and Keeler will have to wait unless we cop a few injuries.

My highlight of the match is the second play from the video but unfortunately the video doesn't tell the whole story. It shows a great mark where he glides in front of a pack, but that's only half of the story.

Everyone should jump onto the AFL app and watch the extended highlights under Cooper. Second quarter, 1:15 mark.

Makes a great decision and protects Owens in the marking contest on the wing, note he was a metre in front of his opponent on the lead. Then he takes off back to the forwardline. His opponent, McKay, goes to chase then stays on the mark, leaving Redman to chase and man up on Coops. Owens kicks it to the 50 and who is it flying in front of the pack? Coops... with Redman trailling behind. He will never be Roo, but that reminded me so much of him right there. Coops set the tone with his work up and down the wing, marking, protecting his teammate and spoiling - best all round game I've seen from a Saints forward this year.

Any of that top group of 4 players could win the B&F this year.

All are in great form atm.

I'd absolutely love to see Big Ro win his first B&F.

I personally thought he should have won the 2019 B&F but he was pipped on the post by Seb.

The Brownlow votes for 2019 also had Seb on top of the pile for Saints players.

What a game Big Ro had on Sat arvo.

He's just getting better as the season rolls on.

Did someone say AA...??????
Wilkie will definitely be up there too.

Everyone from this year has debuted. So we really only have a few from last year. Van Es is done for the year. Hotton looks a way off. Keeler still too raw I'd say. Allison I wouldn't mind seeing get a game just cos why not. But with Camma and Sharman having days out he's pretty far down the list.

I'd give Hotton and Allison a game just to see what they got. Van Es and Keeler will have to wait unless we cop a few injuries.
Allison because why not?
Because others are more deserving or worth investing a game into far far far far far far more.
And Hotton hasn't shown enough to deserve a game ahead of Garcia or anyone else either.

Heath most likely I think.

Even the VFL commentators have been saying for a while now he's really pressing.

I think in the last 6 weeks he's gone past Tom as backup and if Ro needed a rest or was injured he would be a big chance.

imagine going down the Gags and Lethers path of playing super coach and filling the side with trade targets... only to then miss finals.

what a ****in waste.

Their kids are still very hit and miss. Like us they drafted poorly. Caddy looks the best under 22. Jones, Reid and Perkins are all over 22 and starting to look like they might not hit the height that they looked like they might.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Saints kick the Bombers butts far into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back