Salary cap

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers41*

Debutant
Jul 4, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Richmond
Because we clearly have the first pick in the PSD, has the mcmahon trade effected our salary cap chances of getting brennan, i think we are paying mcmahon $900,000 over 3 years, so does anyone know if we will still have enough money for brennan to lure him down to punt road?

well with Gaspar gone along with our delistings still to come i rekon we will have plenty of room left in the cap.

i rekon Krak will be delisted so there is 250k a season back in our pockets.

While we might have $ for Brennan I think we need to be careful not to get to caught up on getting him.

End of next season we have the following names coming out of contract:
J.Bowden
Collins
Connors
Edwards

Foley
Hyde
McGuane
Newman
JON
Pettifer
Polo
Richo

Schulz
Thursfield
Tuck

White

Bold: indicates players I would say will be top priority in terms of getting signed and quite a few would be looking at some extra $ in the kitty.

Italic: indicates those that I would like to see kept on board subject to performances in the 08 season

Others would be on a case by case basis i.e would not bother me too much if they got chopped.

While we might have $ for Brennan I think we need to be careful not to get to caught up on getting him.

J.Bowden
Collins
Connors
Edwards
Foley
Hyde
McGuane
Newman
JON
Pettifer
Polo
Richo
Schulz
Thursfield
Tuck
White

Bold: indicates players I would say will be top priority in terms of getting signed and quite a few would be looking at some extra $ in the kitty.

Italic: indicates those that I would like to see kept on board subject to performances in the 08 season

Others would be on a case by case basis i.e would not bother me too much if they got chopped.

add shultz they would be stupid not to sign him because they got offered pick 26 for him so they will keep him McGuane will get singed edwars will and conners JON is in dangeralthough aberinginies are spose to take longer to devalop

Because we clearly have the first pick in the PSD, has the mcmahon trade effected our salary cap chances of getting brennan, i think we are paying mcmahon $900,000 over 3 years, so does anyone know if we will still have enough money for brennan to lure him down to punt road?

me figures if we were to say Judd could fit within the cap then that would account for 3 fellas on 300k ea ....we have plenty of room..

add shultz they would be stupid not to sign him because they got offered pick 26 for him so they will keep him McGuane will get singed edwars will and conners JON is in dangeralthough aberinginies are spose to take longer to devalop
I think you missed it, these are the players we have coming out of contract at this time next year.

We only paid 92.5% of our salary cap this year.

Joel Bowden replaces Darren Gaspar on vets list so hal his salry drops off the salary cap, Browny sigmed a new contract based heavily on playing so that frees up even more room.

As Chris Judd realised we could have paid him $2m in 2008 and still remained under the salary cap, thats the reason Turdton gave up as much as they did in the Dudd trade.

"Aaalllllllriiightyy Then"

aceinaction.jpg

J.Bowden
Collins
Connors
Edwards

Foley
Hyde
McGuane
Newman
JON
Pettifer
Polo
Richo
<---------------
Schulz
Thursfield
Tuck

White

Richo signed a new two year deal this year if my memory serves me correct!
(confirmation would be appreciated)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Salary cap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back