Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
Not if she wanted to sell or get out, or something she didn't realise was happening or some dispute etc ? If there is a third party, normally It's something fairly big doing, that will have a significant impact on actions of others. In cases If this is true, normally it comes back to money, somewhere along the dotted line in a third party scenario, otherwise they can't be bothered because of the risks, witnesses etc, and to want to murder just a mother going out for a run, who seems to be a pinnacle in her community. What interests me, whoever put her phone in that particular dam did a sloppy job, (possibly under pressure/stress). But has made it difficult to find Samantha's body. Just my opinion, looks like two different people involved or others, possibly working in different roles, which could make this premeditated
Yeah agree if there’s a third party it’s sloppy. Why didn’t they destroy the phone and then put it in water? Did they want police to find it?

A more interesting question is why the police wanted the public and media to know where they found the phone.

And was it actually in working order? Maybe police wanted to scare people or POS into saying something or making a mistake?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What interests me, whoever put her phone in that particular dam did a sloppy job, (possibly under pressure/stress). But has made it difficult to find Samantha's body. Just my opinion, looks like two different people involved or others, possibly working in different roles, which could make this premeditated
Was it a Sloppy Job ? Or was it Deliberate ?

Perhaps it was placed there with the intention that it be found and to be immediately known by the contents of the wallet case that it belonged to SM.

We have no idea what may have been stored / found on that phone; whether there was sensitive information, who was in the Contact list, was it all legit, was it intended to incriminate someone or whether the location was a decoy to send Police on a wild goose chase.

Was there a deeper reason that POS’ parents left town so quickly ? Maybe the initial ‘withholding’ of his identity was deliberate. Maybe his family went into police protection.
Do locals know if his sisters left with them as I think I heard that one worked in Real Estate & stayed in Ballarat.
Do locals know if they are still away ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back