Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
Do the police pose as people on these forums? There is someone on a different forum that is putting out all sorts of inside info re the case, little bits and pieces. I messaged them with a question, and they said they are happy to answer as long as I can give up some info about the case first, that isn't speculative.

I worry about a police force which has to rely on forums like this to do their job for them.
To answer your question, there are many here 'posing as people' :)

Do the police pose as people on these forums? There is someone on a different forum that is putting out all sorts of inside info re the case, little bits and pieces. I messaged them with a question, and they said they are happy to answer as long as I can give up some info about the case first, that isn't speculative.
So Murdery stuff was actually an undercover cop?

Not to my knowledge, no they did not.
The "night before bender" is completely disregarded up here, the 'bender' was a couple of months before the murder. Disregard it. Heard today from a reputable source that Vicpol are looking at POS, who used HIS vehicle as the murder weapon, it is definately NOT an accident, but not sure if it was random/opportunistic or a planned murder...

I was listening to an ex anti-terror cop on a podcast talking about how difficult it is sometimes to make a decision when to arrest, as public safety sometimes has to come before they have enough evidence to ensure a conviction. This made me wonder if the police were compelled to arrest POS as they had intelligence or were concerned he would strike again.
Maybe he had a number of woman he was stalking in some way and there was a track record of his MO.

You know what, very little surprises me these days. And I am guessing that when all of the details about this case come out, we are all going to be sitting back saying "What the absolute fruit. Did not see that coming".

You know what, very little surprises me these days. And I am guessing that when all of the details about this case come out, we are all going to be sitting back saying "What the absolute fruit. Did not see that coming".
I think maybe DirtyLeeds is onto what happened. It's a simple explanation that makes a lot of sense.

I think maybe DirtyLeeds is onto what happened. It's a simple explanation that makes a lot of sense.
Thanks Thumbs, it's mainly because I know my town, this area, and how a panicked individual might react within those parameters.....
It aint rocket science, it's a tragic series of events with ramifications across a city
Too many here reading far too much into tiny snippets of information, some have gone OTT in regards to backing their chosen narrative...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The "night before bender" is completely disregarded up here, the 'bender' was a couple of months before the murder. Disregard it. Heard today from a reputable source that Vicpol are looking at POS, who used HIS vehicle as the murder weapon, it is definately NOT an accident, but not sure if it was random/opportunistic or a planned murder...
As you're a local, do any of these dams get used for horse, animal feed at times ?

No idea of the 'roundabout' video; as to the dam, there is a significant pump attached, but I can't see any type of crop, these dams have often got sheep hanging around the edges, lots of sheep around these parts....

I personally think it's looking pretty bad for POS. And the timing of the media announcing that he has retained a high-profile lawyer just after the phone being found, is that really just co-incidence? Sure, it might be, but we also can't say that it isn't. My money is on POS having dug himself into a massive hole and either he or his family have retained this barrister to get the best possible outcome for him.
I’ll just say that I think it’d look pretty bad for anyone charged with ‘murder’, albeit a ‘deliberate attack resulting in murder’. Hope I never find myself in that situation…

However, that’s what the justice system is all about - giving someone the opportunity to tell their story ie mount their defence. Noting that it’s the Defence who must prove / convince a jury that said person is definitely guilty of said charge.

And as the combined legal costs prob click over often @ close to $2000 per hour, I would only be hiring at ‘the last possible opportunity’ 🫢

I’d even go so far as to say that the Police announcement of found phone may’ve been planned to coincide with the with the announcement of his legal appointment. (Check the court info re Greg Lynn, where Police admit they planted listening devices in his home, and then had Ch 9 run a story on the vehicle being looked for; as per the Under Investigation story re Sam )

It’s all part of police strategy imo… and I’m pretty sure that they’re trying to ‘draw out’ someone else - whether that person was involved, or has vital information is beyond me.

Someone just a few posts back mentioned a video of PS at a roundabout at 6am - I’ve never heard that mentioned.

Although somewhere I heard that he left his car at the relly’s place after the 80th birthday party, and went out ( totally normal behaviour for that age imo). He then returned to get his car around 6am next morning - so quite feasible to be picked up by a road camera somewhere. I guess the question is, where was he picked up, in the scheme of where he would be expected to be heading at that time - home for a sleep? somewhere else because he’s had argument with g/f and not going home ? was he in habit of early morning runs or walks himself ?
I do feel that it’s all extremely strange. There’s always a reason for deliberate attacks (whether valid or not) but I can’t find one in this case, other than Removal for some reason, Revenge for something, or opportune SA.

Something about this is very strange for me.
By its description, a ‘deliberate attack’ indicates something planned / with a reason for the action (whether valid or not ).
I’m struggling to find reasons for a 22 yr to commit such a heinous act. Was it done perhaps as an act of Removal, or an act of Revenge, or an act of SA - impulsive or premeditated?

It’s been a huge brain dump, thanks for your support 🙃

No idea of the 'roundabout' video; as to the dam, there is a significant pump attached, but I can't see any type of crop, these dams have often got sheep hanging around the edges, lots of sheep around these parts....
I wonder if this dam had any feed instead of water in the last 2 months ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back