Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
Pretty sure that the factory fitted GPS on that model ute would not record any data (if one was even fitted).
Im not sure, would have to know what model it is and what’s installed or whether a GPS was installed. That’s if this vehicle/type is his.

That’s better.

No, I take most of what mainstream media say with a grain of salt these days. I don’t like how sensationalist they are, and how they try to manipulative and drive a story. I actually rate ch7 as the worst of them, but only just. I’m not woke, nor am I naive, I just like facts and then to make up my own mind, using those facts.

I posted my comment because I remembered someone mentioning being at the venue on the night before, or was it the bender night, and I couldn’t remember which one it was, or was it both, and thought maybe it came from here, hence me posting and making good use of the question marks. After thinking on it, and a quick message this morning, it was clarified that it came from a personal discussion. But I didn’t figure that out until after I had already posted last night.

For me, the initial information came from a personal exchange.
Please provide the full names, phone number/s, and home and work addresses for this so-called "Star Witness" so that BF can verify the veracity of these sensational claims.

Please provide the full names, phone number/s, and home and work addresses for this so-called "Star Witness" so that BF can verify the veracity of these sensational claims.
Cassie Zervos c/- 7News, Melbourne
02 8777 7777

She ought to be able to give you the info you seek.

The idea is that if you have a rumour then there is a seperate thread for that. It states that at the top of each page in this thread.

people on here have posted about some sort of cctv footage of POS in a roundabout taken at 6:00 or thereabouts on 4/2/2024. I have seen media reports that police had been searching the areas connected to Elsworth, Joseph and Butt Street. Does anyone know if this search could be connected to this roundabout cctv footage that C294 (north south direction) and Elsworth (west east direction)? Note: The yellow colour of the roundabout and road has been applied to google earth, I believe it may have been applied by law enforcements as where this is evident, street view n o longer functions. Is this part of the route that Samantha is believed to have taken?

View attachment 2011782
I don't think she ran along this route, but it is another way out of the area that she did run, and may have been an escape route used by POS........
It's a back way to get across to the other side of Ballarat (Sebas, Magpie) and head across to Scotsburn via Scotsman's Lead and the South Durham bridge, brings the dam into play and clearly demonstrates knowledge of this area

A bit of "Fat Tony" from the Simpsons in this response. "What's a truck?"
I was thinking more Fred from the Flinstones....
The idea is that if you have a rumour then there is a seperate thread for that. It states that at the top of each page in this thread.
Yes that would include any rumours that police probably stayed in the car on the side of the road because it was raining whilst looking for SM’s phone and how long the police had information about the phone before acting on it. Or was that a personal comment/opinion?

Do the police pose as people on these forums? There is someone on a different forum that is putting out all sorts of inside info re the case, little bits and pieces. I messaged them with a question, and they said they are happy to answer as long as I can give up some info about the case first, that isn't speculative.
FYI - this person is def not a cop.. they're bat sh!t crazy imo.

people on here have posted about some sort of cctv footage of POS in a roundabout taken at 6:00 or thereabouts on 4/2/2024. I have seen media reports that police had been searching the areas connected to Elsworth, Joseph and Butt Street. Does anyone know if this search could be connected to this roundabout cctv footage that C294 (north south direction) and Elsworth (west east direction)? Note: The yellow colour of the roundabout and road has been applied to google earth, I believe it may have been applied by law enforcements as where this is evident, street view n o longer functions. Is this part of the route that Samantha is believed to have taken?

View attachment 2011782

Yellow is applied to a lot of roads and roundabouts on google earth.

I noticed this article and thought that it may be something similar to what has happened here? With some obvious differences.

Yeah similar except for the fact that they are completely different. There is no damaged vehicle and the two people are not husband and wife, but apparently not connected. And no bodies have been hidden. But yeah, apart from that, very similar 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what reason thou and if it was a group why would POS be involved with said group.
A rumour doing the rounds was it had something to do with bikers. But wtf would SM have to.do.with them?
Can't speak for Victorian bikies, and not suggesting they are responsible (but could still be possibly involved), but the bikies here in the West are heavily involved in towing services, associated panel beating businesses and car scrap/chop shops. I mean they're also heavily involved in drugs etc as well but these businesses are typically covers for all the other illegal activities.

Can't speak for Victorian bikies, and not suggesting they are responsible (but could still be possibly involved), but the bikies here in the West are heavily involved in towing services, associated panel beating businesses and car scrap/chop shops. I mean they're also heavily involved in drugs etc as well but these businesses are typically covers for all the other illegal activities.
The bikie rumour just keeps appearing.

This is true but I don't know if it follows that all panel beaters have bikie links. I'd be very surprised if mine does, for example. I have no idea if they all have to pay kickbacks to bikies like the tattoo parlours. I hope not.

Last edited:
The bikie rumour just keeps appearing.
Just explaining the typical link between bikies and panel beaters in WA. Not suggesting they're the missing link between POS and SM... but for me I don't think I can completely rule it out 🤷‍♀️

But I know a lot of people in here think I'm wrong about that which is totally fine 🤣

This is true but I don't know if it follows that all panel beaters have bikie links. I'd be very surprised if mine does, for example. I have no idea if that all have to pay kickbacks to bikies like the tattoo parlours. I hope not.
Agree! By no means do I mean all of these business have links, but it's more common than other industries

I have no idea how bikies work but I have to admit the mention of them in this case has me fascinated.

I did not know bikies were a thing in Ballarat.

I don’t understand how they work. I can’t imagine they’d want to knock Samantha off though?

The only possible link I could imagine is if POS wanted in and thought this would impress them?

I would love to know the inner workings of these bikie gangs.

In part because I’m such a square who does everything by the book.

And yet they seem to love living at the other end of the spectrum.

Meanwhile I get nervous as hell when I see a booze bus and I don’t even drink.

I mean I found this hilarious that they're on Google maps in Ballarat.

Ok I'll stop now

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-06-18-53-52-71_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-06-06-18-53-52-71_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 38
I did not know bikies were a thing in Ballarat.
They have a presence in all regional centres AFAIK. Anywhere people produce, distribute, sell or use significant quantities of drugs. It can be quite a significant presence - I was told years ago that one of the clubs or their associates previously owned a Bunnings in Darwin, for example.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back