Portfolio SANFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

When I said died I meant the equivalent to what the SANFL is IRL today
If the VFL weren’t bailed out I could see a few clubs going broke, the comp breaking down, and the VFA swallowing the remains and keeping on

I don't know if you already had this planned but, thanks for taking my idea if you have.

Still go ahead with it. I would love to see another take on the SANFL in an alternate timeline.

I did think you wouldnt be happy about this. I had North Adelaide all finished and ready to go but then I thought the Adelaide metro area looks too crowded with teams. North Adelaide was one of the clubs that got relocated to expand the reach of the competition.
No I'm not doing it. I'm saying thanks for doing it because I will be never good enough to do it and also I don't live in SA and I don't really know any SANFL teams. also I'm thinking of doing a VFL 2019 one instead.

View attachment 508600
Having not attempted to join the VFL after their first inquiry Port have gone from strength to strength in the SANFL. While unearthing talents such as Scott Hodges, Gavin Wanganeen and many others Port Adelaide have won 8 Premierships. The star on this day was Shaun Burgoyne who won the Jack Oatey Medal for BOG in the Grand Final. Since then he has been joined by Brad Ebert, Jared Polec and others.
I'm not sure this clash would achieve its goal unless it was Carlton-level grey

Even magenta and blue prison bars would do the trick

I would love the AFL to go down the Soccer path where you have your home, away (home with white shorts) and clash. Clash must be colours that your home and away are not, ie. Richmond home Black and yellow, away, Yellow and black, clash Silver and Aqua.

'Its goal', as in not causing clashes or honouring the PB jumper? Because I can't think of any other team it wouldn't work against.
In which case they'd stick with the black jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Westies and Norwood (if we went by AFL-style clash rules), unless they don't exist anymore.....
.....Because they merged with Sturt.....
*raises eyebrow at JKI*
Aaaaaaand we come full circle
I'm not sure this clash would achieve its goal unless it was Carlton-level grey

Alright Im going to finish in this one here. It was a fairly big dog act to rip off FTs stuff to the extent I did. I honestly dont know why I did it in the first place and I would be pretty effed off if someone did the same to me. Sorry about that Freight Train.

For those of you playing along at home the plan for the rest of the league was:
Norwood, Sturt and South Adelaide to stay as is
Glenelg to pretty much take over Westies
West Torrens to move to Encounter Bay
Woodville to fold

Im going to go back to the drawing board and see what the next plan of attack is. Please close this crow28 or Gibbsy

Nah man don’t close it - you’ve already gone this far and people are obviously into the folio. It’s not that you used the concept, it was just that you hadn’t asked me first, which I would have said it’s cool but to try and give it more of your own flair than copying exactly what I have done already.

I say keep going with it.

Alright Im going to finish in this one here. It was a fairly big dog act to rip off FTs stuff to the extent I did. I honestly dont know why I did it in the first place and I would be pretty effed off if someone did the same to me. Sorry about that Freight Train.

For those of you playing along at home the plan for the rest of the league was:
Norwood, Sturt and South Adelaide to stay as is
Glenelg to pretty much take over Westies
West Torrens to move to Encounter Bay
Woodville to fold

Im going to go back to the drawing board and see what the next plan of attack is. Please close this crow28 or Gibbsy

A very noble move. I think the concept is fine – alternate histories have been done before – but it was just the way you copied the layout exactly, right down to the stadium background, vertical layout, home/clash/heritage etc.

Can I just say though that I love that Magpies grey strip. Looks great

View attachment 508422
The North Adelaide FC ceased operations at the end of the 1990 season. Most of the players and admin went and worked regular 9 to 5 jobs while a few took it upon themselves to get North Adelaide back. In the end the SANFL agreed to give the North Adelaide representatives their licence back as long as the club moved to Williamstown and represented the Barossa Valley. The old band got back together and North moved to Williamstown.
Success followed almost immediately with The Vikings making the 1993 Grand Final and winning in 1994 with the likes of Ben Hart and the Jarman brothers.
Todays marquee players include Taylor Walker, Heath Grundy and Shannon Hurn

Why Williamstown and not Nuriootpa? Way bigger town and the hub of the Barossa.

Williamstown is slightly closer to the CBD and everyone else in the league and The Barossa District Football Club, who are based in Williamstown has been pretty successful in the last 12 or so years having won 6 A grade flags IRL.

Yeah that's fair. It's interesting because the Barossa is firmly Centrals territory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Portfolio SANFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back