Preview Save Ken Hinkley Showdown: Changes R23 vs Port Adelaide, Saturday August 20, 7.00pm at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Our side this week is much better than the one we put out on the park in Round 3. Like chalk and cheese.

Sam Berry and Taylor Walker are massive ins for starters.
I would say that the biggest difference is Fog, is twice the player he was back in Round 3.

I would like an all in Brawl similar to what we saw in the Derby last week, lots of flying the flag.

I hope we really take up the fight, put immense pressure on
I hope it's a great game and we win. That would finish our season better than any boxing match. A win gives our summer a super excitement and a real belief going into next season.

Sorry for being the wet rag.

I presume that the Moon Howlers are aware that Newchurch is injured and will not be playing against the Magpears?

We are paying $1.19 to beat the Magpears………..Tempting!

I presume you realise Newchurch has been available to play seniors all season and we were lamenting Nicks not giving him a single game for the season - this was the last opportunity.

These posts below were made in the hour before your "observation", as you can hopefully understand the general feeling is what a shame Nicks failed to give Newchurch a game all season.

Disappointing that Taylor and Newchurch not getting a game this year. Both deserved a debut this year.

And why is Gollant out of favour?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it's a real shame we've not got to see Newchurch this year, big mistake by the club as well as not playing Worrell till late.

Nicks seems to be a good bloke, he has got the group together but his selections and gameplan are bloody woeful.

The time to play Newchurch was when he was dominating and serving up goals to his team mates, instead they picked the bloke getting the goals served to him.

And what a shock that right after that selection mistake Newchurch's form takes a dip. Gee I wonder if there is any connection between the two?????

I mean pretty much everyone is motivated positively by being unfairly stiffed, right?

I want this one. Only because it pissed off the neighbours the most.

cef16ffe2fe9a38590805e3b67d5daf5
Can we wear it in the rooms after the game?

Imagine if Collingwood allowed the Crows to wear the Prison jumper just for the lols.
We never signed an agreement saying we wouldn't.
If you did though, and thought you could break that agreement, would that make you entitled? Asking for a friend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obrien will murder the Finlayson / Dixon combo. The good thing is that should tire both the port players and make them less of a threat up forward. Hopefully between Butts, Murray, Worrell and Doedee we have enough options to cover Georgiades and Marshall. Even if one or two are having bad nights the others should be right.

Walker and Fog and TT vs Jonas and Aliir will be a good battle.

Keays should be able to nullify who ever he goes onto and hurt enough going the other way.

I guess then its the battle of mids, flankers and small forwards and our keep it in tight vs their get it out open gameplans. Hopefully we can win that as well. We're paying $3.18, tempting.
3.18 is great odds

I presume you realise Newchurch has been available to play seniors all season and we were lamenting Nicks not giving him a single game for the season - this was the last opportunity.
I presume that you have noted my regular posts saying I would like Newchurch to be given a shot in the Ones. Unlike many posters, I have regularly seen him play in the flesh and I am aware of his strengths and weaknesses.

I simply pointed out the stupidity of complaining that “Nix” hadn’t selected him this week. He was clearly not 100% last week since he sat on the pine for the entire last quarter.

Last edited:
You are mistaken. Besides, it depends on context, how often and how long someone has been unfairly stiffed.

Sorry if that isn't enough testicles for you.
If not getting promoted for an entire season is enough to dishearten him and affect his form then he doesn’t have the cojones to succeed at AFL level. I personally think he does but everyone wants to give him an excuse not to succeed

Our side this week is much better than the one we put out on the park in Round 3. Like chalk and cheese.

Sam Berry and Taylor Walker are massive ins for starters.

Well they feel the same.....

From their board.....

"Since last match:
IN: Dixon, Aliir, Gray, Finlayson, Bergman, Duursma, Burgoyne
OUT: Mayes, Skinner, Jones, Motlop, McKenzie, Lycett, Frederick
We're going to * them up."

It may have been discussed, but what is with what seems like the extra propaganda being wheeled out by that mob everytime someone’s speaks to the media? Started with Chad, and since everyone of them is like “I hate that club and what it stands for” blah blah. Seems very deliberate and manufactured.
Loved Scotty Burns response the best, “yeah we know the rivalry, but we’d be in trouble if all we cared about was beating them” 😂.

Such an inferiority complex down Alberton way

Pretty Meh about this Showdown.

Positives about Winning:

1. End season on a high note and 4 game win streak. This will be only the 2nd time we have won 4 games in a row in the last 5 seasons. Will be a possible good selling point to lure prospective players.

2. Squares up the Showdown Ledger.

3. Makes for a negative offseason for the Pear.

Negatives about winning:

1. Lose potential draft capital by rising up the ladder. We could technically rise to 11th if we beat the Pear by 160 points.

It may have been discussed, but what is with what seems like the extra propaganda being wheeled out by that mob everytime someone’s speaks to the media? Started with Chad, and since everyone of them is like “I hate that club and what it stands for” blah blah. Seems very deliberate and manufactured.
Loved Scotty Burns response the best, “yeah we know the rivalry, but we’d be in trouble if all we cared about was beating them” .

Yep, perfect response. Let the supporters stir each other up. It's unhealthy for the team to focus on one team so much in an 18 team competition.

The Crows should continue being like how they've been this week.

On CPH1903 using BigFooty.com mobile app

L
Loved Scotty Burns response the best, “yeah we know the rivalry, but we’d be in trouble if all we cared about was beating them” 😂.

Last years prelim shows you how they perform when it's time to deliver. I don't listen to any of their stupid comments as talk is cheap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Save Ken Hinkley Showdown: Changes R23 vs Port Adelaide, Saturday August 20, 7.00pm at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back