moses

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Home
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Following on from the Parmi / Parma thread. What about beer sizes around Australia?!

ozbeersize.jpg

425ml is a pint, is it? I have several pint glasses in my cupboard which have been 'liberated' from various establishments over the years. The measurement on the bottom reads 560ml and the odd few read 570ml. If it aint an Imperial Pint it's not a bloody pint at all! A pot is meant to be 285ml, but I have the odd pot that is 280ml!

Asked for a pot in Adelaide the other week and then immediately knew my wrongdoing. Thankfully the bloke behind the bar was kind enough to explain it all, even though I still looked at him like he was from Mars when he said it was "happy hour, $7 imperials!"

Eventually he just goes "you boys want the big one, right?" We obliged. Turns out $7 for an imperial pint (Vic 'normal' pint) is actually a very good price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Local pub used to sell pints (600ml) until Sydney dickheads bought it and threw them out. Now it's just schooners here

Explains why when we went to Adelaide a couple of years ago, I was given a middy when I asked for a schooner.:mad:

Schooners are rare as hen's teeth down here. VB have actually ****** up their own guide! Schooner would be in between 285 (pot) and 425 (pint)
You're right. And a WA pint is exactly the same as one in Victoria. I don't know if people still get middys in WA, but that's what a pot is.

Schooner is the best size though and I say that as someone who has no state bias in the matter. Just the perfect size between the pot (honestly you should pretty much just give up if you order a pot) and pint.

Stupid article

Perth Pint is 570ML's. Where the hell did they get 400mls from?

Bobby? You will be glassed for less in a perth pub for asking for something smaller then a middy.
You wouldn't get glassed for asking for a bobby though. Nobody would know what the **** you were talking about.

Apparently pony died out in like the early 80s – old blokes down bowls clubs and old pubs used to drink them exclusively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Schooner or Pot or Middy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back