Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised Stude or any Pinger has not been on. Massive game for them and may keep them in Divvy one for another season at least.

For those not there Panther outplayed from half way though the first quarter. In a windy game the home side played with the experience in the conditions and ground. Eppings run and contested footy was a credit to them.

Panther will rue this lost no doubt, Lower Plenty may also be looking at the last few rounds, can they pull a miracle out of the hat like last year?
I think realistically Epping would be considering the away game against Borough and the final round home game against West Preston as opportunities to get wins. For Lower there remaining 2 home games are against Macleod and West Preston. I think they'll be doing everything humanely possible to field there best sides for these 2 encounters. On the flip side, how many wins are Borough on? 4? If both Lower and Epping win 2 each, then Borough might be in the relegation frame!

I think realistically Epping would be considering the away game against Borough and the final round home game against West Preston as opportunities to get wins. For Lower there remaining 2 home games are against Macleod and West Preston. I think they'll be doing everything humanely possible to field there best sides for these 2 encounters. On the flip side, how many wins are Borough on? 4? If both Lower and Epping win 2 each, then Borough might be in the relegation frame!

I was thinking the same thing about borough. Unlikely but still possible. Extremely disappointing season for them

So who wants 5th ? That is the question ! Macleod have Heidelberg away, Eltham at home, Lower Plenty away and Greensborough at home. How many wins required. ? Me thinks 8 might be enough

Just watched at replay of the L/P ..H/Berg game...was there actually a blade of grass on that ground or was my pic quality that crap.

So who wants 5th ? That is the question ! Macleod have Heidelberg away, Eltham at home, Lower Plenty away and Greensborough at home. How many wins required. ? Me thinks 8 might be enough

Doing my sums I reckon the Kangas have a ripping chance. They love their home ground and all they need is a win against Lower away and then their two home games and they will be very very close.

Just watched at replay of the L/P ..H/Berg game...was there actually a blade of grass on that ground or was my pic quality that crap.
Sure is! It's the type of grass they use, Santeannah? Goes dormant in winter and thrives in the warmer months. Doesn't like heaps of water or cold, therefore drought resistant.

Anyone heard anything on where the best junior players are heading to start senior football next season? i've heard James Lowe and Jacob Smith from banyule 17s and northern knights are on heidelberg's radar. will knight from ivanhoe is another i know of that heidelberg will be after.

epping will need to be kissed on the willy to avoid relegation.

if lower or greensborough win another game its all over for them.

Surprised Stude or any Pinger has not been on. Massive game for them and may keep them in Divvy one for another season at least.

For those not there Panther outplayed from half way though the first quarter. In a windy game the home side played with the experience in the conditions and ground. Eppings run and contested footy was a credit to them.

Panther will rue this lost no doubt, Lower Plenty may also be looking at the last few rounds, can they pull a miracle out of the hat like last year?

I think we will need 2 more wins to be safe, Monty & Heidelberg will do just fine.

I think we will need 2 more wins to be safe, Monty & Heidelberg will do just fine.
Good luck with that. The broader question is, are Epping a better team than those that have been promoted in recent years or are they the best product in a lower division that is falling behind Division1?

There is certainly more depth and evenness in Div 1 than 5 years ago and the fringe clubs such as LP, Macleod, Greensy have had a chance to establish themselves. I have no idea about the quality and standard of Div 2. But I dare say who ever wins the GF this year will probably face the same issues as others. I just can't tell if the gap is getting wider or narrower?

Good luck with that. The broader question is, are Epping a better team than those that have been promoted in recent years or are they the best product in a lower division that is falling behind Division1?

There is certainly more depth and evenness in Div 1 than 5 years ago and the fringe clubs such as LP, Macleod, Greensy have had a chance to establish themselves. I have no idea about the quality and standard of Div 2. But I dare say who ever wins the GF this year will probably face the same issues as others. I just can't tell if the gap is getting wider or narrower?

I was pretty disappointing when Whittlesea was relegated. They were a very competitive side in division 1 side and far from push overs. No disrespect to Epping but I think Whittelsea were better in Division 1. I still cant believe how they got relegated.... Don't lose to the bottom team by more than 40 points at your home ground doesn't seem like a hard task lol.

As for the comp i think the gap between the top 4 and the rest is MASSIVE. Sure every now and then you will get upsets but unless one of the other clubs really lift their game i cant see anyone else winning a flag.

I was pretty disappointing when Whittlesea was relegated. They were a very competitive side in division 1 side and far from push overs. No disrespect to Epping but I think Whittelsea were better in Division 1. I still cant believe how they got relegated.... Don't lose to the bottom team by more than 40 points at your home ground doesn't seem like a hard task lol.

As for the comp i think the gap between the top 4 and the rest is MASSIVE. Sure every now and then you will get upsets but unless one of the other clubs really lift their game i cant see anyone else winning a flag.

I disagree. I don't think the gap is as massive as you think. Using Macleod as an example, beat last years Premiers, lost to Bundoora by 5 points, lost to West Preston by 2 points, lost to Heidelberg by 4 goals from memory and knocked over Montmorency by 10 points. The core group is now getting upto 50 senior games since promotion into Division 1 and is only 1-2 KP players short. Still a young group and no retirements in sight for a few years yet.

Macleod is definately a team on the rise.

Greensborough and Eltham have been hammered with injury, West Preston have had player exodus, Lower following a similar path to Macleod and Epping have been competitive.

It's not like when Thomastown or North Heidelberg when they were getting thumped by 20 goals every week.

Any team in the top 4 certainly need to be on their game every week against the other sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree. I don't think the gap is as massive as you think. Using Macleod as an example, beat last years Premiers, lost to Bundoora by 5 points, lost to West Preston by 2 points, lost to Heidelberg by 4 goals from memory and knocked over Montmorency by 10 points. The core group is now getting upto 50 senior games since promotion into Division 1 and is only 1-2 KP players short. Still a young group and no retirements in sight for a few years yet.

Macleod is definately a team on the rise.

Greensborough and Eltham have been hammered with injury, West Preston have had player exodus, Lower following a similar path to Macleod and Epping have been competitive.

It's not like when Thomastown or North Heidelberg when they were getting thumped by 20 goals every week.

Any team in the top 4 certainly need to be on their game every week against the other sides.
I believe Whittlesea last year are similar to Lower this year. Lack of depth have cost them dearly. Their best team on the park each week would push them into the middle group. They fill their holes with kids most weeks. Macleod are a good example of a team needing another couple of A graders to challenge the big boys consistently. Just have to raise the extra coin to top the list up, that's the hard part if they had it they would be spending it.

Interesting to read the tribunal verdicts....everyone to the tribunal suspended except for 1...
N. McKeowen.....any one else have a thought on this considering his relationship with certain administrator???

Great to see Nicky Bowman runner up the thirds league BnF play his first game for monty 1's on the weekend after been out all season with a serious hip injury. He should add some grunt and more skill to the senior side. Rumor has it he is on an alcohol ban for the rest of the season to get the best out of himself and hold onto a spot in the ones linup, not eve ngoing to have a sip for his 21st in 2 weeks time, much to the dismay of his uni mates

The biggest difference between D1 & D2 is good talls. Then double that & $$ to be in the top four.
Dunno about that Studah! When I think of D1 & D2 I think of Shane Tennant. At Mont for about 4 years each season got better. The only one I recall since NFL inception who's made the transition and done it well. Seen em go back the other way an blitz-em. Happy to stand corrected?

The biggest difference between D1 & D2 is good talls. Then double that & $$ to be in the top four.
Pretty simplistic view I would have thought. The key mid fielders running around in Div 1 would be main ball carriers and play makers. I would also suggest fitness, strength, coaching, preparations and set players are significantly better not to mention the execution and skill capabilities. Dollars simply facilitate this. The key differnece in Div 1 and the rest is organisational capabilities. - Leadership, Committee, sponsorship, revenue generation. The big clubs get their capabilities from the work they do off field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back