Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught 2nd half of bundy n mont n was impressed with what I saw.Some of the best tackling ive seen in local footy watched by a good sized crowd.Couple of things stood out I thought
1 mont had more younger players?
2 Cloke may be a man mountain and may of near been the difference today but when you are paid good $$$ to play footy you shouldnt bother biting back with idiots in crowd ( nor argue with umps)
3 bundys attack with Cloke n Moorcroft is very potent
4 How many coaches does Mont need (have) I counted 5 on bench today
5 Left as siren blew n saw n heard bit of ruckus anything in that?

Caught 2nd half of bundy n mont n was impressed with what I saw.Some of the best tackling ive seen in local footy watched by a good sized crowd.Couple of things stood out I thought
2 Cloke may be a man mountain and may of near been the difference today but when you are paid good $$$ to play footy you shouldnt bother biting back with idiots in crowd ( nor argue with umps)
Mont working there way towards going out in straight sets? Wonder if the prez is getting a bit toey?

Mont working there way towards going out in straight sets? Wonder if the prez is getting a bit toey?
Yep they are just crumbling down their 2 games clear on top with 2 games left. One against witches hats at home.

5 coaches + forward scout + leadership group chairman. I asked about the ruckus, but nothing to report unless you have some more specific info.

Not sure how many coaches the have but a lot of clubs these days have head coach, assistant, a couple of line coaches and someone who works the board. I don't find 5 that strange of a number.

Not sure how many coaches the have but a lot of clubs these days have head coach, assistant, a couple of line coaches and someone who works the board. I don't find 5 that strange of a number.

Agree, if you are sitting on top of the ladder and have 15 does it matter?

Mont are def the team to beat I don't think any team in the top 6 believes anything else!
from what I saw the only rukus was Gary moorcroft kicking a goal from 50m after the siren.

I don't think the top 5 will win you the flag I reckon it will be the quality of the bottom 5 players that will get you over the line.

Anyone know what the story with big Micky Gay is?

Caught a cracker of a game at De Winton with the game literally going down to the last kick of the day.
No. 30 for the Panther (ex Cougars junior ?) bagged six and was the standout forward. Great concept as well with the half time little league game.

Caught a cracker of a game at De Winton with the game literally going down to the last kick of the day.
No. 30 for the Panther (ex Cougars junior ?) bagged six and was the standout forward. Great concept as well with the half time little league game.

He is actually an eltham junior but played under 19s with cougars, really hitting form now and hopefully can help panther get that inaugural 5th spot

Yep they are just crumbling down their 2 games clear on top with 2 games left. One against witches hats at home.

I certainly wouldn't be classifying Lower Plenty as 'witches hats' . They have been really competitive and have a few scalps to their credit. I don't think the Bunnies will take them lightly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the 'witch hats' knock over your mob last year ???

Eltham look like a chance to sneak into the 5 now. two tough games ahead but heidelberg are obviously in poor form at the minute.

Bundoora clear cut premiership favourites now you would think. Not at full strength on the weekend either. Cloke and Moorcroft are an amazing duo

Bundoora clear cut premiership favourites now you would think. Not at full strength on the weekend either. Cloke and Moorcroft are an amazing duo[/quote]

clear cut premiership favourites my arse.

if we take that title away from mont then it wont be as exciting when they choke at cramer st.

I certainly wouldn't be classifying Lower Plenty as 'witches hats' . They have been really competitive and have a few scalps to their credit. I don't think the Bunnies will take them lightly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the 'witch hats' knock over your mob last year ???
It's alright Underbelly, Mont paid a huge sign on fee and about 1500 a game to a witches hat last season!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monty are in a very dangerous position to let it slip again.

I still wouldnt rule out Heidelberg.

Bundoora have far more top end talent in Moorcroft, Dyson, Cloke etc. Surely those experienced heads will be handy come september.

As for the relegation battle. Ive done my predictions and have Macleod making the drop. Seems like im the only one.[/quote

I think your prediction about Macleod was A little bit premature but understandable . Nonetheless, a Bundoora v Mont granny would be my guess, Epping are done as relegators, maybe Fitzroy Stars for promotion - how would they go ?

Yeah definitelyjumped the gun on Macleod, Good to see them prove me wrong. The wins they have had in recent weeks have been sensational.

Macleod vs Eltham over the past 3 or 4 years has been an amazing rivalry. Extremely close games especially at De winton.

Yeah definitelyjumped the gun on Macleod, Good to see them prove me wrong. The wins they have had in recent weeks have been sensational.

Macleod vs Eltham over the past 3 or 4 years has been an amazing rivalry. Extremely close games especially at De winton.

Yep - freaky 1 points games. I guess you owed us one !
I think Macleod have come of age and should keep building on this year. Credit to the core players who have stuck fat for mate ship over money

Eltham look like a chance to sneak into the 5 now. two tough games ahead but heidelberg are obviously in poor form at the minute.

Bundoora clear cut premiership favourites now you would think. Not at full strength on the weekend either. Cloke and Moorcroft are an amazing duo
What? Clear cut premiership favorites! Mont are going through the motions and bundoora were playing for a double chance in the finals. Mont were also without brooker and magin (who kicked 8 goals last time). I would take very little from that game.

And yep have to agree cloke and morcroft have been wonderful pick ups for bundoora.

Either way my tip is a Mont vs Bundoora grand final. Then again I think bergers are still around the mark!

Not sure about going through the motions, but there definitely wasn't the urgency there (compared to if their season was on the line). Bundoora jumped the Pies in the 1st quarter and were in front virtually all day, except for about 5 minutes in the last quarter - deserved the win. Was a cracking game, the skills on show were fantastic. Cloke is a man mountain, the trick is to win the midfield battle and stop supply.... um, much easier said than done. If I were Mont, I would go in with the mindset that Brooker & Magin aren't playing finals - there's still no guarantee that they'll play (qualify) anyway is there???

Bundoora are the flag favourites as they are the best team in the competition.

Their best players are the best players in the league (Shane Harvey excepted).

If Monty don't win this years flag, its not a choke. Bundoora are a better side.

What? Clear cut premiership favorites! Mont are going through the motions and bundoora were playing for a double chance in the finals. Mont were also without brooker and magin (who kicked 8 goals last time). I would take very little from that game.

And yep have to agree cloke and morcroft have been wonderful pick ups for bundoora.

Either way my tip is a Mont vs Bundoora grand final. Then again I think bergers are still around the mark!
Mont definately werent going through the motions. Yes mont does have those 2 to come back, but some handy ins for Bundoora to come aswel, including Lerm, Dalbridge, Mitchell and Varsamakis

If Monty don't win this years flag, its not a choke. Bundoora are a better side.
On paper maybe? But I don't agree. Mont had the "best" team on paper last year but obviously weren't. Bundy has lost to np, bergers and Monty. It will be a cracking finals series.

On paper maybe? But I don't agree. Mont had the "best" team on paper last year but obviously weren't. Bundy has lost to np, bergers and Monty. It will be a cracking finals series.

what a joke its over jerk.the dream is gone. the choke is on. now we can concentrate on a good chuckle.

You are a dickbag...if bundoora were a better side they would be sitting on top of the ladder.

did Macleod become your flag favourites when they beat mont a few weeks ago?

what a joke its over jerk.the dream is gone. the choke is on. now we can concentrate on a good chuckle.
Ah k. Lets just stop the season now then I guess.

Choke? Pretty good way to describe heidelbergs last 3 grand finals appearances

You are a dickbag...if bundoora were a better side they would be sitting on top of the ladder.

did Macleod become your flag favourites when they beat mont a few weeks ago?

Nah they didnt, Horrible comment.

Bundoora are the better team, no two ways about it. Better top end quality and more depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back