Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the other end of the ladder... Wouldn't be surprised to see Epping beat west Preston & avoid relegation , as I reckon Mont might smack lower..
Could be the opposite. Monty has nothing to gain from thrashing lower. Absolute dead rubber.

By the way ... To see lorenzini mouthing off on sat after the game while running away from the mont boys has left a sour taste in many mont players mouths ...it will be interesting come finals time to see if he can back up he's mouth considering he wasn't setting the world on fire during the game !! Cheap and dog act , will be interesting this sat V lower , I feel that mont might rest a few very sore players and give them and extra weeks break !

At the other end of the ladder... Wouldn't be surprised to see Epping beat west Preston & avoid relegation , as I reckon Mont might smack lower..
Not impossible but you would have to get a result where Epping won by 5 goals and Lower lost by 180 points plus. Few variables though depending scores kicked to get those margins. On a separate note, I would like to congratulate Lower on how they dealt with a very difficult situation on Saturday after finding out that our much loved canteen manager and Thursday night meals person, took ill and in what was a shock to us all passed away Saturday morning. Was a very emotional time with ones players being informed prior to the game and two's players following there game. More importantly now, are thoughts are with Bronny's young daughters, partner, family and friends during this tough time.

Love coming in on a monday morning and having an awesome laugh at the weekends antics. DC I thought you were a moderator, whoa both barrels.
I also stood with a mixed group on Satdy and had a few good laughs. Elthams attack on the footy was brilliant. They hit up targets blocked Bundoora's forward line disrupting delivery and played with passion. Bundoora were flatter that I have ever seen them, possibly coming off last week and thinking it was not an important game.
I hope they don't do that again.
Next week will be fantastic.
Virtually all bar top spot is on the line making for a very tense time between 4:00pm and 5;00.
In regards to the off field crap at Eltham, The older chaps I was with were very apolagetic about the effusive attitude of some supporters and players from the earlier games and voiced concerns in relation to some small pockets of culture within the club.
To the credit of the two Eltham officials who attempted to usher the U/19's away from the Bundoora huddle, they tried but the players showed no respect. Very dangerous thing to do in a very hot game.
Bring on next week.
Anyone got any match previews worth reading

Was at the Eltham Bundoora on the weekend. Very volatile environment. Felt like a brawl could erupt at any moment. Trouble in both camps in the crowd.

On the field was a ripping display from Eltham, Far too quick for what looked like a tired Bundoora. Eltham missing 2 of their best 6 (Weatherald and O'Sullivan) as well. D.Mitchell and Shaw were barely sighted. Moorcroft tried to go the knuckle when he has his pants pulled down. Plenty of issues there. The game was over at qtr time.

As for Mont, Obviously falling away at the wrong time again, sad to see.

The way I see it, all 4 of the top teams have very similar situations. Three of four of their best 22 not playing and a few sore bodies amongst those that are. If you take form from mid season to now, there is very little difference between them all so injuries (and IMO) weather may play a big part of what happens in the next month or so.

Mont have some blokes who are really struggling and im sure they are aware that other clubs smell some blood. The biggest thing im looking forward to seeing is - can Mont resist the pressure both externally and internally? If they can, they will have a richly deserved premiership and a huge monkey off their back. But all 4 teams have serious claims no mistaking that.

As for the nonsence that took place at Eltham on Saturday during the game, Its all about fixing the situation and making sure that it cant happen again. Regardless of claims that some Eltham people think Bundoora didnt handle the situation well (which is strange), having U19 blokes stand out there on their own with their bushfire and assume they will self regulate is a complete lack of management. What followed was disgraceful and stupid.

This is not the first time U19 groups have created horrible situations by the middle of the main game. Its got to stop and I cant believe Eltham didnt intervene or think this was a potential hazard!

As for the nonsence that took place at Eltham on Saturday during the game, Its all about fixing the situation and making sure that it cant happen again. Regardless of claims that some Eltham people think Bundoora didnt handle the situation well (which is strange), having U19 blokes stand out there on their own with their bushfire and assume they will self regulate is a complete lack of management. What followed was disgraceful and stupid.

This is not the first time U19 groups have created horrible situations by the middle of the main game. Its got to stop and I cant believe Eltham didnt intervene or think this was a potential hazard!

Since when can't a bunch of 18+ year olds stand next to a contained small fire and enjoy a beer in costume for their last home game?

Never heard of that rule before?

Appears I had a bit of a different Saturday to most - popped into the Chook Pen and a football game broke out.
Bit of a liquorice allsort from both teams - both good at times however with the flukey wind some horrible butchering of the ball as well. Gannon and Fahour good for West.
H'berg got home on the shoulders of Finn who put on a masterclass in the ruck and around the ground. With Gay MIA, whatever chance the Tiges have of being a nuisance in September will largely depend on the big Irish's fitness.

Mont still the team to beat, was always going to happen that they drop a few games. Have the mental edge over Heidelberg but that doesn't account for much in finals. Different footy. All four teams have genuine chance to win it, it's gonna come down to how teams are holding up with injuries because as we've seen this year anyone can win on the day. If Macloed makes finals it cant be ruled out they do a cougar of 2012.

Bundy vs. Heidelberg in the granny in Division 1 and 2

Mont still the team to beat, was always going to happen that they drop a few games. Have the mental edge over Heidelberg but that doesn't account for much in finals. Different footy. All four teams have genuine chance to win it, it's gonna come down to how teams are holding up with injuries because as we've seen this year anyone can win on the day. If Macloed makes finals it cant be ruled out they do a cougar of 2012.

Bundy vs. Heidelberg in the granny in Division 1 and 2

Would have to say Eltham are in pole postion to play finals?

Just rolled the best team and have percentage on Macleod. Im tipping Greensy to blood a few kids that have a red hot crack this week and take it right up to Macleod.

Since when can't a bunch of 18+ year olds stand next to a contained small fire and enjoy a beer in costume for their last home game?

Never heard of that rule before?
Not talking about rules shags, im talking about management. When you grow up, you will understand the difference. Its seems the only thing that was "contained" as you put it, was the fire.

Would have to say Eltham are in pole postion to play finals?

Just rolled the best team and have percentage on Macleod. Im tipping Greensy to blood a few kids that have a red hot crack this week and take it right up to Macleod.
Yep they have to be favoured. While I would be surprised to see them beat Hberg at Warringal Park, I reckon they will still edge their way in. Who knows, they may even reaquaint themselves with the Bulls the following week where Im sure the Bulls will be looking for redemption!

Its got to be said that the Top half of Div 1 is in the best competitive situation its been in. I cant recall a time where there has ever been more than 3 genuine claims on the flag and you could argue that the competition currently boasts 4 or 5. Collectively, the teams filling the bottom half have regular victories over the top teams also. Bloody good comp at the minute!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep they have to be favoured. While I would be surprised to see them beat Hberg at Warringal Park, I reckon they will still edge their way in. Who knows, they may even reaquaint themselves with the Bulls the following week where Im sure the Bulls will be looking for redemption!

Its got to be said that the Top half of Div 1 is in the best competitive situation its been in. I cant recall a time where there has ever been more than 3 genuine claims on the flag and you could argue that the competition currently boasts 4 or 5. Collectively, the teams filling the bottom half have regular victories over the top teams also. Bloody good comp at the minute!
100 percent agree! Must say though I was sceptical as to whether this would be the case early days. Happy to admit I was wrong!

We are going to add a bit of height and size to our side this week by going out and purchasing the biggest witches hats we can find :D

hahaha. Will be interesting to see how Monty comes out. You would think any player with a niggle would be sitting it out! As your maths stated before it would be virtually impossible for Lower to be relegated. Its for a good cause this week the beyond blue fundraiser so hopefully a few turn up.

Could the stars align and we see Bundoora drop to 4th and Eltham 5th and see the premiership favorites knocked out first round?

Underbelly. Any truth to the rumour a few big names at Macleod are trekking off overseas this Wednesday after booking the trip early in the year when they weren't going so well?

Not quite right in the 'big name' department. One or two ressies boys who joined us during the year had booked a trip but they hope to be back for the first reserves final. All firsts players (barring three with long-term injuries) will be in battle this week as we sit with calculators in hand working out progressive percentage (on the basis we actually must beat Boro before worrying about what's happening at Warringal Park). If we miss, we only have ourselves to blame...we coughed up leads late in the game three times in the run home.

On another note but still at the Panther Bulls game I must give a big cudos to The Bulls 2nds.

Dominate team all year and after the game all went over to a few supporters on the side lines. I asked a bloke later, knowing the answer, and it was a mark of respect to the recent passing of a Club legend.

That's the sort of thing that makes local footy awesome. I have no doubt the people they all went over to will remember that forever.

That's Bundoora for you Denny close knit club, always looking out for each other. Bad luck on the 2's loss you coached well, just ran out of legs in the end.

Rumours that a gun Tiger is back on the training track ready to play.

Awesome that he played three games in the 2nds this year to get match fit ready for the finals.

Rumours that a gun Tiger is back on the training track ready to play.

Awesome that he played three games in the 2nds this year to get match fit ready for the finals.
Heard similar rumours earlier this week. If they are true, the Tigers and certainly keeping their powder dry and going about preparations quietly

Yes it will be great to see Ben Cosgriff back in the Tiger's lineup. Will be a strong addition to what is already arguably the best backline in the competition with Kennedy, Miller, Houihan, Murphy et al.

Dale Nolan

Season Statistics

MLastGMGMGVTIB
3 2013-06-15

Game Log

Date/TimeOppositionGBST
Bundoora​
0 0
Macleod​
0 0
Lower Plenty​
0 0

Previous Seasons

CompetitionSeasonMLastGMGMGVTIB
2013 Division 1 (B) Reserves 2013 3 2013-06-15

Don't know what all the fuss is about..... He's 'played' 3 games in the Reserves, not kicked a goal or been named in the best in any of them and hasn't 'played' again since he qualified...oops, Played on June 15.
Must be horribly out of form and I hope the Tiges can find a spot somewhere in their Reserves finals side to hide him!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol.

In fairness to Nolan he spent a lot of time on the bench during those matches as he was in a wheelchair at the time, however when he did go on the ground for brief spurts was very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back