Season 2013 Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness to Nolan he spent a lot of time on the bench during those matches as he was in a wheelchair at the time, however when he did go on the ground for brief spurts was very impressive.
Yep. Probably only played a total of 60 minutes game time this season so far. The big question is if he is capable of playing any more? A debilitating big toe injury that has crippled any continuity for him this year! A handy "in" for any team with finals aspirations nonetheless.

Yep. Probably only played a total of 60 minutes game time this season so far. The big question is if he is capable of playing any more? A debilitating big toe injury that has crippled any continuity for him this year! A handy "in" for any team with finals aspirations nonetheless.
Is he training? If so that is very exciting news for the bergs, would take him at 70% in a final, good thing he's qualified :)

Okay let’s start at the bottom, my fifth form maths tells me there needs to be about a 125 point turnaround between an Epping win and a Lower Plenty loss for that to change, so sorry Pingers, it’s back to Divvy 2.
Eltham will put up a great show against the Tiges and will keep it close no matter what the result but Macleod needs a 52 point win to match the Panther’s percentage. Not going to happen
So Eltham makes the five.
Second, third and fourth.
Every team that plays Mont gets beat the next week.
I am tipping Northcote will come up sore and Bundy will get the bikkies and second spot making Heidelberg Third and NP fourth.

So:-
Mont
Bundy
Heidelberg
Northcote P
Eltham
In one of the most exciting finishes to a season in years.

Makes for an awesome finals week one.

Heard a whisper that a club south of Wollert has informed there current coach that they are working on a deal to instill a former Bomber and current Bull into the coaching position with his father pulling the strings. Aforementioned club has told the current coach that depending on negotiations he may still be required. Current club coach has no intention of waiting for clubs decision and is now in discussions with clubs East of the Gorge.

Okay let’s start at the bottom, my fifth form maths tells me there needs to be about a 125 point turnaround between an Epping win and a Lower Plenty loss for that to change, so sorry Pingers, it’s back to Divvy 2.
Eltham will put up a great show against the Tiges and will keep it close no matter what the result but Macleod needs a 52 point win to match the Panther’s percentage. Not going to happen
So Eltham makes the five.
Second, third and fourth.
Every team that plays Mont gets beat the next week.
I am tipping Northcote will come up sore and Bundy will get the bikkies and second spot making Heidelberg Third and NP fourth.

So:-
Mont
Bundy
Heidelberg
Northcote P
Eltham
In one of the most exciting finishes to a season in years.

Makes for an awesome finals week one.

Who's to say a few kegs haven't been sent around between clubs this week?
I've seen stranger outcomes before. What if Heidelberg pants Eltham by 10+ goals ?

Who's to say a few kegs haven't been sent around between clubs this week?
I've seen stranger outcomes before. What if Heidelberg pants Eltham by 10+ goals ?

Given weather conditions, I would be surprised if there are any blow outs to the scale being required for Macleod to get in. Eltham havent beaten Hberg since 1982 so a win at Warringal Park would be a huge outcome for them. If this was to happen I fear they would fair poorly first week of finals as they would have played their GF the week before..

Bundoora V NP is the pick of the games given they are the only 2 "genuine" hopes playing eachother. Bulls would have to be slight favourites at Yulong but a draw in definately on the cards !!!!!!

Heard a whisper that a club south of Wollert has informed there current coach that they are working on a deal to instill a former Bomber and current Bull into the coaching position with his father pulling the strings. Aforementioned club has told the current coach that depending on negotiations he may still be required. Current club coach has no intention of waiting for clubs decision and is now in discussions with clubs East of the Gorge.

That makes 3 new coaches so far for next year.

So much for Magin qualifying for finals for Mont. Hes playing for Bendigo gold again tonight so he has played 2 games only with this the last round???

That makes 3 new coaches so far for next year.

Not unusual for the Pingers, eh !

It looks like the slime drew with McLeod. I don't have a calculator on me but would've they snuck into finals on % if they won by a point?

Macleod finished 95.67% to Eltham 95.01%, so yes they would've snuck past the Eltham had they won by the 1pt. I have never before and will never again, barracked for the Slime!

Carn the Panth!

cannot understand what mont were doing playing Magin today. The rules 5.k clearly states
(k) If a player plays an NFL match and a TAC or VFL match on the same weekend,

the NFL match does not count towards finals eligibility

surely someone at mont knew this ????
He played two games before today and todays game doesnt count because he played for Bendigo last night???? what were they thinking??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cannot understand what mont were doing playing Magin today. The rules 5.k clearly states
(k) If a player plays an NFL match and a TAC or VFL match on the same weekend,

the NFL match does not count towards finals eligibility

surely someone at mont knew this ????
He played two games before today and todays game doesnt count because he played for Bendigo last night???? what were they thinking??

Friday night game is not a weekend?

Friday is the last day of the week?

Friday night game is not a weekend?

Friday is the last day of the week?

yeah sure i hope they are not pinning their hopes on that. its the same weekend and round no matter if the game is played on friday saturday sunday or monday. Check with the league. The rule was brought in this year specifically to stop this type of thing.

Mario Bandera finished at Epping. Apparently offered 2 year deal but declined. His manager has been sourcing opportunities for next season including giving a call to a div 1 premiership favourite during the week.

Magin playing finals... Not an issue !! Fridays not part of weekend or next round !!! Good on then for qualifying the best side they can to be successful !!! Going to be a great series now , Eltham and bundoora the winners for mine this coming week ... Willits would be close to best player in the comp

Massive game at Yulong with Northcote flying out of the blocks and everyone at Bundoora having feelings of Déjà vu. 7 goals to 2 at the ¼ time break and a serious injury to Cloke did not make for a pleasant afternoon ahead.
Then it turned, Northcote started playing like millionaires and Bundoora using the wind and the downhill slope crawled back into it.
18 goals to 7 after ¼ time was an amazing effort and to all the Cloke haters out there, he kicked five on one leg, (He looked like Big Lance he was moving so well) and had four goal assists. Moorcroft was as strong as ever and the Bundoora midfield was hitting targets. NP never gave up and worked hard at the contests making it very uncomfortable for anyone at the bottom of the pack.
Looking forward to next week but there will be a lot happening off the field, with a number of injuries to Bundy and some very serious (one season ending? Chewy) at Northcote.

Macleod! That is the stiffest ending I have ever seen.

How long are we going to have to wait to get a ruling from the league on whether the boy Magin is eligible:thumbsdown:
Not eligible the way I read it, if you play two games in ONE ROUND the higher level is the game that counts, the other being the Mont game isn't recognised so he's only credited for the two other games he played so he can't play finals. The fact that a player who has played 15 plus VFL senior games (not just Magin) in a season can't play VFL reserves finals but can drop back an other level to NFL for finals dosen't make sence, Play 10 senior games u can't drop back a level to reserves in NFL. There should be a limit on the ammount of senior VFL games you can play, I'd think 6 would be about it.

Mario Bandera finished at Epping. Apparently offered 2 year deal but declined. His manager has been sourcing opportunities for next season including giving a call to a div 1 premiership favourite during the week.

would be hard for him to stick around after getting relagated. Went to a few epping games this year and thought his coaching wasnt the best but in saying that eppings players skills and decision making was poor for div 1 which makes it harder too coach sometimes

Tigers impressed yesterday. Their ball movement and ability to look like they had 20 on the field was the best I have seen this year. Definitely hitting their straps at the right time, Saturdays game between them and the Bulls will be one not to miss, if you have nothing on I suggest hit Cramers for a Parma, chuck ya quaddies on and walk over to the oval at 2pm. Probably the biggest rivalry in recent times. I reckon this will be an awesome game. Hope the famous Preston Wind stays away for this and all finals.

Panthers lucky to scrape in but thems the breaks. You have to feel for Macleod with some real close losses through the year and a draw, I am sure Ramsey and Whitcher will get improvement as they have already done a great job.

With no bench for some of the last quarter the Panther have some keys still out (including their Captain) it will be interesting to see who gets on the park. But as a Club the should be congratulated for being the only Club with all three teams in Finals. Massive effort and not an easy feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back