Season 2013 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not knocking Lalor, the bloods are doing it tough ATM but seriously how can the NFL play the 1st &2nd semi final at Lalor, there is every chance the ground will be rooted by then. The change rooms are not up to scratch & the ground it self is to small, I thought it would be best to showcase the footy but then again we are talking about the NFL.. Useless!

I am not knocking Lalor, the bloods are doing it tough ATM but seriously how can the NFL play the 1st &2nd semi final at Lalor, there is every chance the ground will be rooted by then. The change rooms are not up to scratch & the ground it self is to small, I thought it would be best to showcase the footy but then again we are talking about the NFL.. Useless!
Totally agree slowlegs it has to be a financial decision....

Hurstbridge vs South Morang At home the Bridges should be too strong for the Lions
Mernda vs North Heidelberg The smell of the double chance should get the Doggies an easy win
Fitzroy Stars vs Whittlesea A preview of the grand final ? This could go either way
Diamond Creek vs Lalor The Demons also have designs on teh double chance and should win here comfortably

North arent as good as you thought BB. Ageing bunch of crocks. Without Harvey you would be in Div 3 next year

I wont bang on about how much of a flog you are Hurricane, facts are you have been competitive in your 1st year back up, good effort by our boys today, have struggled on small grounds all year but were well in control all day. Hope Willo does himself a favour a drops the midget in the coaching box, looked a 100 years old & acted like a 2 year old.

Went to Stars v Whitt, Stars good on the day with a little help, Whitt will regroup.
Don't know how Stars player could say Whitt are front runners, must of forgot what happened at Whitt last time they played.

Went to Stars v Whitt, Stars good on the day with a little help, Whitt will regroup.
Don't know how Stars player could say Whitt are front runners, must of forgot what happened at Whitt last time they played.

Don't mean to be critical, but surely that is the most insignificant comment that has been made in the heat of a game to make it onto here.

Whatever happens next week the Stars have one of the best win-wins I've heard about, given they shouls beat South Morang either they get within half a game of the Eagles or they go two games clear of the Dogs.

Are the Stars the real deal? I think so. Whittlesea may have had injury and illness but you still have to be good enough to beat them.

I have a sneaky thought the wheels are going to fall of for the Eagles ,and will be out in straight sets Stars & Norf to play off with the Doggies just getting over the line .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also was at the Stars V Eagles game and pretty sure the Stars didn't receive any extra help, yes they might of ended up on the right side of the decisions being paid but that was because they were more desperate when it was needed, and if you start mouthing off at the men in white you are going to get penalised which did happen a few times. Also poor form from eagles coach who had a crack at one of his key players calling him a weak **** for not putting stars player into the fence, key player not happy at all...... From a observers view I thought the stars ball movement was just too slick for the eagles this time but will be a cracker when they meet in the finals, well played!!

A massive game up at the showgrounds as we enter the final month of the regular season with plenty of finals permutations.

Hurstbridge vs Lalor Pride on the line here and the Bridges are certainly playing better at this stage
Mernda vs Diamond Creek The double chance door is still ajar so expect to see the Creekers run away with this one.
Fitzroy Stars vs South Morang The start of a horror month for the Lions (play top four sides) as they farewell the middle kingdom
Whittlesea vs North Heidelberg Should be a ripper - and expect the Eagles to bounce back. But it won't be by much.

Hurstbridge V Lalor - think Hurstbridge will keep their chances of finishing 5th alive. Having said that if Lalor win then South Morang are relegated today for sure (three games + percentage with three games left)
Mernda V Diamond Creek - look, we got smashed against them earlier in the season, but I think today should be a tight game, being our Sponsors Day too we'd want to put in a big effort. Despite being 5th we still have a lot to play for, what with Reesy announcing his senior retirement at the end of the season the other night, and making an impact on the top four (with games against the Stars and Eagles to come), making a statement for next season too.
Fitzroy Stars Vs South Morang - As I said, the Stars are the real deal and have a massive win-win regardless of the Whit/NH game provided they win, which they should
Whittlesea Vs North Heidelberg - tipping Whittlesea with no real confidence here, they've been rattled by North Heidelberg a couple of times already and it only took a huge second half to beat them after they were ragdolled in the first half last time. North will want to get Shane Harvey's 100th over and done with quickly so they can focus on beating the Eagles.

Should be a good weekend of footy.

maybe so hurricane
although I know I can say never once has a Hurstbridge runner assaulted a Mernda committee member ever
I have also heard from other clubs the possible tattooed midget has taken part in some games, maybe this needs to be referred to a higher authority, maybe it will happen, maybe it wont.

Straight to the games then...

Hurstbridge V North Heidelberg - Need to win, and rely on the Stars losing, in order to have any chance of grabbing the vital double chance.
Diamond Creek V Fitzroy Stars - Having said that, I reckon the Stars are taking all before them at the moment. Davis comes back in this week, and I think they will secure 2nd spot. Would love to see them in Division One next season, would be worth watching.
South Morang V Whittlesea - safe to assume South are already down even though technically they are not. Whittlesea will be hoping for a Diamo win to confirm the minor premiership as they would go 10 points up with two games to play.
Lalor V Mernda - for whatever reason we've had trouble with Lalor this season. We won the first time around but the Bloods' really made a contest of it, and then obviously they came to Mernda and struck a huge blow to our finals aspirations. Huge congrats to Jakey Russell for making his senior debut, hopefully he does well. Roh's a big loss, but I reckon we should cover that. Lalor have played some good footy of late though so we're going to have to work hard for a win and confirm 5th place for the third time in five seasons.

All that really remains is who will get the double chance and be the Eagles dinner in the big game.

Diamond Creek vs Fitzroy Stars The double chance is on the line here and the Stars will be too hot for the Demons
Lalor vs Mernda The Bloods are hitting form which will give their pre-season some juice
South Morang vs Whittlesea Can't see the red-hot premiership favourites being eaten by the Lions here
North Heidelberg vs Hurstbridge The Doggies have blown the double chance and now need to use the Bridges for finals practice

Very happy with the win today, Lalor has given us a lot of trouble this season and we were lucky to be in the game at half time. We played alright in the second half but I reckon the winning margin of 22 points flattered us a bit. Still, I'll take that every day of the week, ressies won too, did like snagging a sausage roll even if it was a cheap one lol.

Now for Whittlesea - big game, Whit playing for minor premiership.

Talk around the league is that Hurstbridge don't want to travel down to play the Stars and are after a bit of re-assurance from the Stars ahead of their game this week at Sir Doug Nichols oval that there will be no trouble, not sure what they are on about there ( guilty conscience maybe ) as I haven't heard of any trouble coming out of Stars home ground. Pretty sure most sides don't want to travel down to Hursty either but you don't hear of any club complaining. I'm also sure that the Stars have bigger and better things to worry about and would not want to see any player do anything silly. They have had some great battles over the years but Stars should be too strong for Hurstbridge this week.:thumbsu:

Should be a good weekend of footy! Top four, relegation decided but there's the incredibly small matter of determining the home teams for the finals.

Fitzroy Stars V Hurstbridge - expecting the Stars to win this one as they continue to build for Whittlesea in week one.
Diamond Creek V South Morang - Diamo should win here
North Heidelberg V Lalor - let's hope for Lalor's sakes that it's a bit closer than the last time these two took each other on
Whittlesea V Mernda - Volpe and Thorney are out tomorrow, which are pretty big losses for us. However a big congrats must go out to Jordan Aldrich for making his senior debut, has been very solid in the two's all year. I'd love for this game to pan out like it did the last time we went up to Whit, when we stunned them by two goals in 2010 when Whit were undefeated at that point. Did I mention that the time before that we also lost by >100 points ;) Anyway, a win here would be well earned, as Whit are playing for the minor premiership.

Enjoy the footy. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2013 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back