Season 2013 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Full credit to Hurstbridge. It should not be lost that they were basically all but in Divvy 3 with three games to go last season, and now they are pushing for top four all in the space of seven months. :thumbsu:

As for us, disappointed we let a four goal lead slip but we have to respond big time next week against Diamo. At least the whipping boys on this forum (our 2nds) got up

Good prediction mate. All this with Hurstbridge having only 2 on the bench from mid 2nd qtr.

We did too from around the same point, but no excuse.

Full credit to Hurstbridge. It should not be lost that they were basically all but in Divvy 3 with three games to go last season, and now they are pushing for top four all in the space of seven months. :thumbsu:

As for us, disappointed we let a four goal lead slip but we have to respond big time next week against Diamo. At least the whipping boys on this forum (our 2nds) got up

Heard today Coach Wilson has registered, and will be playing ones footy for Mernda..maybe Aqua should have stayed would have been in the ones after all did the coach do a preseason...

dont believe mernda were ever going to smash us today. great game of footy today that was marred by some ordinary decisions at times. looking forward to watching our blokes develop every week with the average age of the side being 22, we will have some weeks that are worse than others but today shows that when you follow the structures good things are not to far off

(As for us, disappointed we let a four goal lead slip ) just shows you ain't as good as you think you are

This weeks games:

North way to strong for Lalor, remember those famous games when they were powerhouses in D1, my how they have fallen , especially Lalor.

Mernda with 4 big ins,( not sure about Mr O'Reilly when the pressure is on), will absolutely smash Hurstbridge and show why they will finish top 2.

Fitzroy Stars on the big wind swept Morang oval a little to good for the Lions

Whittlesea will boune back this week and knock over Creek in waht will be a rip snorted of a game.

I want some of the shit you've been smoking, might make my night more enjoyable as Collinfwood are getting smashed...

Mernda will finish 6th, no higher. Sorry to disappoint you mate, but aren't in the same league as Nth, Whitt, DC and are behind both Stars and Hursty.

Nth
Whitt
DC
Stars
HB
Mernda
Lalor
Morang

beerbandit (he has to learn how to let go it as he dreaming of these players coming in) Love local footy w***er

ugly win by the doggies but a win none the less. missed big deano and hank. lv rucked well though and named best for us.
speaking of big deano, if the umpire didnt place the report against wfc then how did the incident become brought to the nfl's attention?

(As for us, disappointed we let a four goal lead slip ) just shows you ain't as good as you think you are

Hmm... dunno why you go and criticise my posts lately when I'm not harping on about Mernda finishing 'top two' unlike others. They won't, I've had them around 4th to 6th since pre season. So we're pretty much where I thought we'd be. Disappointed we let three quarter time leads slip against Whittlesea and Hurstbridge but we've still shown we can play some good footy. At the very least we're showing we can match it with the best on Divvy 2 and maybe the ball will bounce the other way another time. Still very happy with the way we've started even though we've slumped to 2-3 with Diamo @ Diamo to come.

Hmm... dunno why you go and criticise my posts lately when I'm not harping on about Mernda finishing 'top two' unlike others. They won't, I've had them around 4th to 6th since pre season. So we're pretty much where I thought we'd be. Disappointed we let three quarter time leads slip against Whittlesea and Hurstbridge but we've still shown we can play some good footy. At the very least we're showing we can match it with the best on Divvy 2 and maybe the ball will bounce the other way another time. Still very happy with the way we've started even though we've slumped to 2-3 with Diamo @ Diamo to come.

agree with this. have shown they are very competitive coming from divvy 3 and wont be going back there next year. Think the top 4 is already done and dusted (just the order to work out). Hursty and Mernda to play for 5th and 6th and Lalor and Morang to fight out relegation.

Good effort from mernda to be very competitive first year back in divvy 2.

i agree with frumpy, tasman you seem to have a grip on reality where as some of the other mernda posters dont. all the best for the season, i would have thought 4th to 6th was a fair expectation

Could prove to be a very very expensive year for the Mernda bank account if they don't at the very least make the finals,with a tough 2 weeks ahead Mernda could potentially be 2-5.

I don't know if the coach putting the boots back on really fixes anything or sends the right message to his team,as someone mentioned in an earlier post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you'll find ' love local footy' is just stiring the pot & not a Mernda follower at all.
Think if you put things in context Mernda are travelling pretty well. Although it was a disappointing result on the weekend , I'd say bridges & us are about even par.
Beat lalor & morang convincingly (2 bottom sides) , matched Whittlesea & Stars for 3&1/2 qtrs ( 2 of the premiership contenders) & pipped by an improving Bridge , after a pretty good 3qtrs.
Our young list is obviously still learning the capper , but so far have been pretty impressive in all games played.
Coming up from div3 , 2013 was always going to be about consolidating our spot in div2. Think we are on track to do that.
The better sides would have a lot more accomplished/seasoned footballers & so far our inexperience has probably cost us a couple of victories. Think over the course of this season & in the next few seasons you will see the rewards of a group of young guys sticking together & achieving some great results for our club.
Not sure too many of the top sides would have 3/4 of a side in there late teens / early twenties, all with under 30 games of senior experience.
Great to see us shaking this thread up a bit.. Didn't think other clubs would worry so much about a side coming out of div3.. One things for sure , no matter who we play , you'll have to play to your best to beat us!!
Go Demons - nothing to lose & so much to gain!!

As a SM supporter, unfortunately looking at relegation to div 3, finding it entertaining that if it wasn't for Mernda, this thread would be dead. Agree that tasmanIvr is usually realistic with his comments, cannot say that for couple of the other mernda people that get on here, guessing though they will make 5th/6th position end of the season, if fitzroy stars can keep focused they will make the 4, otherwise I can see hurstbridge there . Thinking it will be a NH & Whit final, cause DC usually fall away in the finals.

Let's get on with the weekend!

Hurstbridge Vs Whittlesea - Hurstbridge were terrific last week but I don't see them beating Whit.
Diamond Creek Vs Mernda - this is a very tough ask for us, but I'd like to see another competitive performance this weekend like the one against Whittlesea. I don't expect us to win but it would be great if we did.
Lalor Vs Fitzroy Stars - Fitzroy should continue their good run.
North Heidelberg Vs South Morang - Don't see North having any trouble whatsoever here.

Could be the week where the top half start the separation form the bottom half

Hurstbridge vs Whittlesea The Eagles bounced back last week and the Bridges need to keep in touch with the top four
Diamond Creek vs Mernda The Battle of the Demons should go to the hosts in what could be a very close game.
Lalor vs Fitzroy Stars Could be a day of star gazing for the Bloods here.
North Heidelberg vs South Morang Even with their misisng stars the Doggies should bite the Lions

Massive game up at the Showgrounds which should be a cracker ....

Lalor vs Diamond Creek The Demons shouldn't have too much trouble at Sydney Crescent
South Morang vs Hurstbridge The Bridges need the win to keep in touch with the top four
North Heidelberg vs Mernda The Doggies should survive another one without their suspended stars
Whittlesea vs Fitzroy Stars Expecting a ripper of a game with the Eagles to get up by under ten points

Think you'll find ' love local footy' is just stiring the pot & not a Mernda follower at all.
Think if you put things in context Mernda are travelling pretty well. Although it was a disappointing result on the weekend , I'd say bridges & us are about even par.
Beat lalor & morang convincingly (2 bottom sides) , matched Whittlesea & Stars for 3&1/2 qtrs ( 2 of the premiership contenders) & pipped by an improving Bridge , after a pretty good 3qtrs.
Our young list is obviously still learning the capper , but so far have been pretty impressive in all games played.
Coming up from div3 , 2013 was always going to be about consolidating our spot in div2. Think we are on track to do that.
The better sides would have a lot more accomplished/seasoned footballers & so far our inexperience has probably cost us a couple of victories. Think over the course of this season & in the next few seasons you will see the rewards of a group of young guys sticking together & achieving some great results for our club.
Not sure too many of the top sides would have 3/4 of a side in there late teens / early twenties, all with under 30 games of senior experience.
Great to see us shaking this thread up a bit.. Didn't think other clubs would worry so much about a side coming out of div3.. One things for sure , no matter who we play , you'll have to play to your best to beat us!!
Go Demons - nothing to lose & so much to gain!!

Come on you have recruited quite a few experienced players plus a few that have come back, its not a young side, Reesy and co are real young aren't they, you are a real good side, watching them as I type in fact very impressive, watch out all you other sides

Winning sure does feel good :) with one win under our belt.
Giving SM a much needed confidence boost, just what the team needed.
It was an easy win, won all 4 quarters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2013 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back