Official Match Thread Season 29 Round 16 - West Coast Wonders vs. Mount Buller Demons at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh god you S29 Rookies are even worse then us S25 Rookies were.
I know why you tell people that you love them first, Bono. It's the only time you get people say that they love U2.

Thank you very much, I'm here 'til Thursday.

I know why you tell people that you love them first, Bono. It's the only time you get people say that they love U2.

Thank you very much, I'm here 'til Thursday.
Why not stay until Sunday and see a Wonders win?

Headless no need for the sad react. I remembered you, just not the club you play for.
Great track. Disappointed you are not in this round it's right up your alley
Sorry, mate. All my bangers are saved for the super secret Wonders song contest. Best song contest I've ever been involved in (largely because I nominate bangers every round). Wouldn't usually make this offer, but I hear we have a few spots on the list opening up next season if you'd like to get involved?

Headless no need for the sad react. I remembered you, just not the club you play for.

Sorry, mate. All my bangers are saved for the super secret Wonders song contest. Best song contest I've ever been involved in (largely because I nominate bangers every round). Wouldn't usually make this offer, but I hear we have a few spots on the list opening up next season if you'd like to get involved?
No

I love our Song Contest. Our theme song always wins every round... it's the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love our Song Contest. Our theme song always wins every round... it's the best.
Still get goosebumps when I remember it playing in the podcast you did after the S17/S21(?) GF. So good a team in the AFL copied it but changed "Wonders" to "Eagles", although their version is pretty lame IMO.

Still get goosebumps when I remember it playing in the podcast you did after the S17/S21(?) GF. So good a team in the AFL copied it but changed "Wonders" to "Eagles", although their version is pretty lame IMO.
I wonder if I can find it somewhere. It's always been a dream of mine to get an actual song done. I nearly had the courage to ask a friend to record a song for me if I wrote the lyrics but backed out haha.

You are dumber than you look.

That's a huge call from you, Clarkey. Potentially your biggest ever. What's your evidence?

croweater 41 and I have raised the same concerns. Are you harbouring a fugitive underneath the Snow Dome? Why haven't we seen Beloved? Why did the one good bloke from your club retire at the peak of his game? Why haven't you won as many premierships as the Wonders?

You're right - Tarkyn_24 did retire at his peak. But he came back. :)

Ex-Mount Buller LEGEND. Terrific example of a fantastic clubman, who took it upon himself to go across and keep the Wonders afloat and to keep the rivalry alive. Would be in the top three of Mount Buller players of all time.

It's apparently the way to do it. A player from the Demons says "the West Coast Wonders is genuinely the worst club I've ever seen in my entire life" (direct quote from Elton Johns Wig), and they then go to that club to keep them afloat. You're doing a great job, ClarkeM. Well done.

I am excited for our coup! There’s NO WAY mang can keep us all happy

Sad reacts imminent.

Demons, thoughts on a merge between our two clubs?

You guys will get the 5 premierships we own and also get to call yourself West Coast Wonders.
We get to do the league a favour by getting rid of you.

Anyways, I hope you get this man, hit me back,
Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan

What's in it for us, though?

Porca Dio Headless how do you put up with the abuse and lack of respect from your team mates?

I'm used to it.

fancyscum what season did you start, did you play when ClarkeM was at the Dee's ?

ClarkeM never left the Dees. Not really.

It's like you don't know me at all.

I wonder if I can find it somewhere. It's always been a dream of mine to get an actual song done. I nearly had the courage to ask a friend to record a song for me if I wrote the lyrics but backed out haha.
I have a few mates I could ask next time I get the chance to catch-up with them.

Might be able to provide the Demons some charity too. I have a mate that plays broken glass with his mouth (strange, albeit nice guy), and I think the harsh, noisy distortion he gets out of that would be a fitting team song for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 29 Round 16 - West Coast Wonders vs. Mount Buller Demons at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back