Official Match Thread Season 36, Round 14 (Heritage Round): Coney Island Warriors v Gold City Royals at Van Cortlandt Park

Who wins?

• DenieD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pickitt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say something negative about Blacky but by god that's a brilliant avi they're running with

It's a shame Blacky changed that avatar, the last one was literally doxxing another Sweet FA player for years.

Hooray the bland Royals.
Great start. I mean if you were going to pick witty insults, this would be among the blandest of all.

You could have gone:

Hey look it's the Royals, they look like they were poured into their clothes and forgot to say "when"

or

Hooray, the Royals, the qooty team equivalent of a participation trophy

or

Oh Great! It's the Royals! Another week of delusions of adequacy.

or

I smell something burning, are the Royals trying to think again?

or

Hooray the Royals, the reason the gene pool needs a lifeguard.

even what you said could have been a little more creative: Hooray, the vibrant shade of beige, Royals.

Just calling someone bland is a bit meh.

QJWiC4R.gif

Please engage the soundtrack.
View attachment 1842676

Heritage Round - Season 36

The year is 1941 2001.

Mobbenfuhrer has just finished creating a fantasy football league on an old reconditioned Tamagotchi and his site on lexicon.net was dial up interwebbing away with the promise that "It's assured, you won't be disappointed”.

36 seasons of disappointment entertainment later, and at least we can take solace in the knowledge that to quote the great man… It isn't really happening!!!!!

kfI6eqi.png

And so, 22 years later and 36 seasons on from that fateful disclaimer... here we are celebrating over two decades of our beloved league that has certainly left all of us equal parts elated & disappointed at some point, and yet we can rest easy in the knowledge that it isn't really happening and my tears over our premiership heartache at the Warriors are just figments of my overly fervent and feverish imagination!

Ladies and Gentlemen … Welcome to Heritage Round, as we celebrate 36 seasons of joyful misery! 🤗

Coney Island Warriors v Gold City Royals

GnaC3GE.png

Each club will be wearing a special commissioned Heritage Kit this weekend as we celebrate Heritage Round. Here's each club's kit for this week's match.

Great Moments In <insert club here> History

1HMAeNh.png

Coney Island Warriors
  • Established S18 as a successor to the unsuccessful OFG Warriors bid in S16
  • Controversy reigns in S19 as Warriors denied historic flag in Dragons rort
  • Freofalcon breaks through for unlikely Mobbs Medal victory in S21
  • Jazny selection in S22 All-SFA side sends competition into meltdown
  • Back to back beez winners at the Warriors as first TheInjuryFactory, then Tonga Bob salute in S34-35, seeing the club lead the competition with 3 beez Trophies to date

PLCuncC.png

Gold City Royals

Heritage Round - Exhibition Series

:handpointup:
Keep an eye out for this week’s Heritage Round festivities as we celebrate with a round-robin exhibition tournament representing the greatest personas and contributors across three distinct eras in the league. The players will be selected via a Legends Draft and the draft pool will be divided by rookie classes accordingly:
  • Rookie Classes S1-12
  • Rookie Classes S13-24
  • Rookie Classes S25-36
Head over and get around the fundraiser! :thumbsu:

~ Captains, team sheets are to be correctly submitted by 11:59pm Thursday, AWST ~​
1698707873732.png

Champagne introducing, bossman!

Is it any coincidence that the best two OP's of the season have been the last two? I say there are no coincidences.

Morning Monarchists, hope this finds you well.

Yeah, until that chat I had no idea he was so stuck up
He's actually a really good bloke. (Or was at least to me when I was a kid.) Spent about half an hour to 45 minutes with him. He took me around the HMS Jupiter showed me the ship on my own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Champagne introducing, bossman!

Is it any coincidence that the best two OP's of the season have been the last two? I say there are no coincidences.

Morning Monarchists, hope this finds you well.
Last week's was awful. Was impossible to find, because the SFA doesn't have a no dickheads policy on creating match threads. Makes threads so much harder to find.

Great start. I mean if you were going to pick witty insults, this would be among the blandest of all.

You could have gone:

Hey look it's the Royals, they look like they were poured into their clothes and forgot to say "when"

or

Hooray, the Royals, the qooty team equivalent of a participation trophy

or

Oh Great! It's the Royals! Another week of delusions of adequacy.

or

I smell something burning, are the Royals trying to think again?

or

Hooray the Royals, the reason the gene pool needs a lifeguard.

even what you said could have been a little more creative: Hooray, the vibrant shade of beige, Royals.

Just calling someone bland is a bit meh.
Polish_20231024_173157588.jpg

once he saw the actual pictures he stamped ON them.

He stamped on the pictures he drew?

Well I guess kraks always has been the ultimate perfectionist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 36, Round 14 (Heritage Round): Coney Island Warriors v Gold City Royals at Van Cortlandt Park

Back