Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 10 - Gold City Royals v Mount Buller Demons @ The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 4, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies - SNAFL
Royals V Demons.jpeg

Last Time They Met: Season 36 Round 11 - Mount Buller Demons : (11.8.74) Defeated Gold City Royals FFC (10.4.64)

You know Gold City Royals are an interesting mob. Captained by no other than Cadsky, when they are on song they can take it up against anyone in the competition. Probably a little Crow heavy for my liking, but who doesn't want to sit on a Golden throne? I sure hope The Golden Throne is not an euphemism for something else, because that's going to make me spill my beer. Oh yeah, I should mention that at this point I'm half cut. I kinda made a deal with Sober Bov that I (drunk Bov) would give this match thread thing a good crack. I think it's going smasingly well (cheeeeers!). But is harder than I thought it would be. Having to refrain from honesty is something I really don't like doing, but fortunately for The Royals it was fairly easy, because they are a great mob.
Round 9 saw Royals 16.8 (104) defeat 2nd placed Rats 14.15 (99) in a match that was tighter than a hang man's noose.

Moving on to Mount Buller Demons, captained by SFA's very own manangatang. This is a club that has a very icy history. Their favorite drink is iced tea, their favorite desert is ice cream. Their favorite dish is anything with rICE in it. When they drink soup, they ask for it on the rocks. They are the only people I know who pack a portable air condtioner when they visit the snow. Apparently when ringing pizza hut to order takeaway it's not uncommon for them to request a frozen pizza. Anyway I could do this all day, but you can only guess the kind of reception I'll get from them.
Oh and Round 9 saw 9th placed Demons 16.12 (108) go down to 1st placed Oobs 24.12 (156). I like to pretend I'm semi professional in my match thread writing, but who am I kidding.

Good luck teams.

Oh and big shout out to Grav for the match thread image!

Hello Demons! Welcome to the Throne! We’ll try not to hurt you TOO badly.

CONGRATULATIONS TO Footypie32 ON 350 SWEET FA GAMES!!!

Last edited:

Hey Marlowe. Any idea what the weather forecast is for Sunday?
Hi, sausageroll.

I am really glad you asked me, of all people, this.

Hehe. No, I have no idea.

Thank you for the enquiry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Demons! Welcome to the Throne! We’ll try not to hurt you TOO badly.

CONGRATULATIONS TO Footypie32 ON 350 SWEET FA GAMES!!!

Hi Demons

Happy 350th Footypie32 but we all know the 351st counts for more in Royals lore

Congratulations on 350 Footypie32

Wow, thanks guys!!

That has really flown by! Barely feels like 225 games...

I'm sure Smartys Power on the other hand must be getting close...

Happy Monday Night Raw GIF by WWE

Wow, thanks guys!!

That has really flown by! Barely feels like 225 games...

I'm sure Smartys Power on the other hand must be getting close...
Oh, well, this is awkward...

Congratulations on a huge milestone Smartys Power! And yes, this is confirmation you will be playing this week, so bring your A game!

Good afternoon my wonderful Buller comrades and hello Royals.

What slice of qooty delights awaits us this week? And why will my good friend Headless prevail?

I believe "Slice of qooty Delights" is trademarked by CakeEater for use by his bakery chain.

I hope you've got a good lawyer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 10 - Gold City Royals v Mount Buller Demons @ The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back