Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 11 - East Side Hawks v Ophidian Old Boys at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s with the announcers’ unhealthy obsession on attendance at AFL games? There is a football game to talk about. If you’re not prepared to discuss players and the game going on in front of you, you need another job. 🙄
It gets worse every season.

What’s with the announcers’ unhealthy obsession on attendance at AFL games? There is a football game to talk about. If you’re not prepared to discuss players and the game going on in front of you, you need another job. 🙄
It gets worse every season.

90% of the NCAA basketball color commentators are utterly terrible... they'll sit there talking about their last job, trying out their comedy routines, or maybe the last time they saw Dick Vitale, all the while there's an ACTUAL BASKETBALL GAME in the background! STFU and call the game, numnutz!

The radio callers are much better, I used to have a computer setup so I could transmit the local radio feed over the Internet, and delay it so that the sound synced with the (then satellite) video. An audio codec library changed at some point and broke my setup. Need to figure it out again & fix it.

a video is easier to skip though. It’s a still image unless you click in it.
This was a gif. I have to see more than one frame of that music video
My canned response to that awful video is an even more atrocious, vile "tune:"

It's the only thing I've ever heard that could actually improve with more Auto-Tune.

My canned response to that awful video is an even more atrocious, vile "tune:"

It's the only thing I've ever heard that could actually improve with more Auto-Tune.

I’m sitting at a bar drinking right now. I’ve never heard of this song, and i have a legit excuse not to listen to it

I’m sitting at a bar drinking right now. I’ve never heard of this song, and i have a legit excuse not to listen to it

You will get your ass kicked if you play that in public, methinks.

90% of the NCAA basketball color commentators are utterly terrible... they'll sit there talking about their last job, trying out their comedy routines, or maybe the last time they saw Dick Vitale, all the while there's an ACTUAL BASKETBALL GAME in the background! STFU and call the game, numnutz!

The radio callers are much better, I used to have a computer setup so I could transmit the local radio feed over the Internet, and delay it so that the sound synced with the (then satellite) video. An audio codec library changed at some point and broke my setup. Need to figure it out again & fix it.
To be fair, there’s what…5,000 or so college basketball teams. :laughv1: I would imagine it’s hard to keep at it. 😛

And they talk about the dumbest things. I don’t care about someone’s ugly haircut, their dog, or their housemate’s cooking. 🤨 If I wanted to read a tabloid magazine, I would. And I don’t! A VFL announcer was working the play-by-play one game (he does a few - he’s good!) and he spoke of a player’s VFL career and his younger days…working his way up to the AFL, and Brian Taylor actually told him, on air, that the people don’t want to hear about stuff like that. 😮🙄 I would! Speaking of the player’s career and stats is what it’s all about!

Radio is better because they have to call the game because we can’t see it. 👍

Ok…thus ends my rant for the day. Wow, and it’s not even 7:00 a.m. It’s gonna be a long day. :laughv1:

To be fair, there’s what…5,000 or so college basketball teams. :laughv1: I would imagine it’s hard to keep at it. 😛

Fair enough. But if team overkill is really the problem, you'd think it would be easier to simply describe the game in front of them. Instead, they do research into the coaches' and players' latest social media antics, or which celebrity is sitting in the stands tonight, or ... .

A VFL announcer was working the play-by-play one game (he does a few - he’s good!) and he spoke of a player’s VFL career and his younger days…working his way up to the AFL, and Brian Taylor actually told him, on air, that the people don’t want to hear about stuff like that. 😮🙄 I would! Speaking of the player’s career and stats is what it’s all about!

Wow, actual on-air corrections! I'm amazed! For actual football content! o_O

Ok…thus ends my rant for the day. Wow, and it’s not even 7:00 a.m. It’s gonna be a long day. :laughv1:

It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

1712957429367.gif

They have sports radios you can buy, where you can adjust the delay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nerd! :purpleheart:

Mrs Turbo fact check please

sexy chris hemsworth GIF
Mrs Turbo ensure its only Dingster fact you check :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 11 - East Side Hawks v Ophidian Old Boys at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back