Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: West Coast Wonders v Ophidian Old Boys at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

S31R07WONvOOB.png
The 12th placed Wonders host the 8th placed Old Boys at the Colosseum in a must win match. The Old Boys have one 3 out of 4 matches against the Wonders recently and will want to keep that trend going to stay in touch with the eight, the Wonders will be hoping for a win to keep their dying hopes of playing finals alive.

The wonders lost big to one of the top teams last week while the Old Boys put a fellow potential finalist to the sword as part of what BRAB is for some reason describing as an undefeated season.

Key Players
The Wonders have struggled to score this season and full forward BFew has kicked 16 goals without a great deal of support. While I'd suggest Old Boys full forward BRAB might need glasses if they can't see the losses the club has had, their eyesight appears to be fine as they have kicked 26 goals this season through 5 games, a great return.

Wonders Captain AnUltimateRessie was the clubs best midfield option at ruck until they moved themselves to half back recently. They are still leading the team with 112 disposals. SFA poster boy Dingster has looked magnificent (doesn't he always) playing in the middle for his new club leading the squad with 114 disposals.

Captains please have team sheets submitted by 11:59pm AWST this Thursday

AnUltimateRessie HARPSichord Tigerturbulance Robertio

Hello Wonders here's to some great banter this week and hopefully another four points for the OOB's on Sunday.

An OOB's and Carlton double to celebrate this week would be mighty fine indeed! Go OOB's and go Blues!:D

hey guys let us win this one please? We sorta need it more than you.
Happy to oblige from my possie. I spotted some particularly verdant looking clover in the h.b.f area when I'm up that end. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Gumbies and Wonders back to back, there is much worse fixtures out there - this will do nicely. Hello friends!

HARPSichord I signed up to another half and a ‘25 full because I’m a sucker for pain.

Hello Wonders here's to some great banter this week and hopefully another four points for the OOB's on Sunday.

An OOB's and Carlton double to celebrate this week would be mighty fine indeed! Go OOB's and go Blues!:D
I'll let you have a Carlton win, I'll do my best to stop an OOB win but I'm not confident.

Happy to oblige from my possie. I spotted some particularly verdant looking clover in the h.b.f possie when I'm up that end.

Don’t let their good looks and charm fool you MBR!

Gumbies and Wonders back to back, there is much worse fixtures out there - this will do nicely. Hello friends!

HARPSichord I signed up to another half and a ‘25 full because I’m a sucker for pain.
I've got a half in November. Aiming for sub 1:30. The start of this training block has been torture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll let you have a Carlton win, I'll do my best to stop an OOB win but I'm not confident.
I spot a fellow olympic champ Harpsichord. What was yours for?
Mine was surfing.
Qvaa.gif

I've got a half in November. Aiming for sub 1:30. The start of this training block has been torture.

It’s not the GC50 is it? I’m in that half, but I’m closer to a 1:45 than a 1:30 right now

im balls deep in a full marathon training block.

im hungry

my legs are cooked

im going to run a 2:00:35 though ;)

Last edited:
If it helps - I played in the middle all season and won a flag, and I still lost my job and got put in the backline
I KNEW it was a demotion!!
Ha!
That scoundrel Mr Tee putting the golden spin on it. Pffffft.:unsure:

If it helps - I played in the middle all season and won a flag, and I still lost my job and got put in the backline
Same here All SFA centre banished to the forward line, captain making some strange decisions.

im balls deep in a marathon training block.

im hungry

my legs are cooked

im going to run a 2:00:35 though ;)

Met a 76 year old last week doing his 50th (and last) triathlon later this year. How ****ing good

I KNEW it was a demotion!!
Ha!
That scoundrel Mr Tee putting the golden spin on it. Pffffft.:unsure:

Mr Tee is clever though, we will see how the season plays out :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread Season 38, Round 7: West Coast Wonders v Ophidian Old Boys at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back