Strategy Season Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok gee Mackay is crap

Not sure if that’s hasn’t been written 50,000,0000,0000 times before and you talk of repetitive

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I rarely talk about mackay, so why do you keep bringing him up when completely unrelated to my post!

Because you have about 5 issues your brain is restricted to, so you repeat them at ad nauseum.

I rarely talk about mackay, so why do you keep bringing him up when completely unrelated to my post!

Because you have about 5 issues your brain is restricted to, so you repeat them at ad nauseum.

Your post was having a dig about repetition

When you see mackays name mentioned thousands of times don’t you feel the same that you call those posters out?

Did I say you said anything about Mackay?

Your post was having a dig about repetition

When you see mackays name mentioned thousands of times don’t you feel the same that you call those posters out?

Did I say you said anything about Mackay?

Because you are the most boring repetitive poster on here by a long way!

You don't give a shit about polluting our board with spam & your response is for people to put you on ignore.

How about showing some common decency & posting respecting that most others on here don't want to read the same crap over & over.

Btw, I have challenged other posters who have become obsessed by mackay, but most posters who bring up Mackay also talk about more than 5 issues!

He still hasn't answered my re simplified question for 2018
Player name .......
Reinforces your point

Just pick anyone who has SA in the state column, and Marty will sing their high praises. At least this year (unlike most since the SANFL ****ed up their development) that idea actually has merit.

Because you are the most boring repetitive poster on here by a long way!

You don't give a shit about polluting our board with spam & your response is for people to put you on ignore.

How about showing some common decency & posting respecting that most others on here don't want to read the same crap over & over.

Btw, I have challenged other posters who have become obsessed by mackay, but most posters who bring up Mackay also talk about more than 5 issues!

Bull

Mackay is mentioned 60 million times more

Try and be honest

Just pick anyone who has SA in the state column, and Marty will sing their high praises. At least this year (unlike most since the SANFL ****** up their development) that idea actually has merit.

However let's reflect a little.
It's his favourite hobbie beside riding 5kms round and round Glenelg oval

2016 Draft I believe it was
Mr S(M) arty

We must draft South Aussie
No half back flankers
Our recruitment staff bash bash bash
( sound familiar )

Smashed our screens with the Shaz Shaz
Glenelg Glenelg Shaz Shaz Shaz
The prospect was falling in draft ratings
Yet the chant kept going

Smarty's choice

Not selected in the main draft or rookie draft
This is another good bit
In an interview with our favourite newspaper on 29/06/2017 Jonty expressed his dissapointment at not being drafted.
Described as a former midfielder turned " Half back flanker "

However let's reflect a little.
It's his favourite hobbie beside riding 5kms round and round Glenelg oval

2016 Draft I believe it was
Mr S(M) arty

We must draft South Aussie
No half back flankers
Our recruitment staff bash bash bash
( sound familiar )

Smashed our screens with the Shaz Shaz
Glenelg Glenelg Shaz Shaz Shaz
The prospect was falling in draft ratings
Yet the chant kept going

Smarty's choice

Not selected in the main draft or rookie draft
This is another good bit
In an interview with our favourite newspaper on 29/06/2017 Jonty expressed his dissapointment at not being drafted.
Described as a former midfielder turned " Half back flanker "
o_Oo_Oo_O
*offers medication*
Here, take two ... no ... three, of these ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6th is probably as high as we can get, And the question should be..... do we really want to ??

4 picks inside 20, yes please.
If things go south - like our injuries overall not getting better, or even getting worse - we could drop as low 14th to be below WB, Freo, Dons and Hawks, and above GCS and the rest. Pick 5!

If things go south - like our injuries overall not getting better, or even getting worse - we could drop as low 14th to be below WB, Freo, Dons and Hawks, and above GCS and the rest. Pick 5!
I doubt that.

Won't go below Dons or Dogs.

This loss for me was the final nail for season 2018. Expectations now are that we get games in to Fogarty, Doedee, Galluci, Poholke and that we have a look at (I.e. 3+ games) Wilson, O’Brien, Himmelberg, Davis.

We see if Sloane and Lynch want to be here for 2019. If they do, manage them right so they’re good for next year. If not, play them unless they’re taking the spot of a promising youngster (I.e. Sloane plays but don’t play Lynch at the expense of Fogarty).

Manage Walker, Jacobs, Sloane, Gibbs, M.Crouch, McGovern to make sure they’re good to go in 2019.

Phase out those not good enough (Mackay, Kelly) and drop those who need a kick up the bum in the SANFL (Atkins, Jacobs, Hartigan).

Go hard in this draft for the quality SA talent - even if needing to trade the likes of Lynch, Jenkins, Atkins, CEY, Hartigan etc.

We lose to the Hawks which I think is a given, we will finish 11th. They’ve got about 6 winnable games from here.

I can’t see Essendon overtaking us, they’ve got a hard draw and are effectively 2 games below us.

Port win against WB and they could be 2 games ahead of us with a game in hand.

Collingwood have a touch draw but still enough winnable games that I can’t see us catching them up.

Giants have a tough draw. But they seem to have found form.

So it’s 11th and loving it?

What a fall from grace. You can take your silver lining about draft picks, however this is ground hog day for mine.

Our story has always been about almost. We manage to draft guns who end up leaving us. We almost get to the top and then fall....but not enough to get the best of the best. We build with young up and coming guns.....they leave us....we paddle a little longer and then reset and start again.

I would have taken 10 years on the bottom of the ladder to win that GF last year. It is nothing but a bitter taste at the moment.

I will keep supporting the boys and the club. I can’t help but want them to win, but I have also come to grips with the roller coaster that is our club.

*sigh*

What a fall from grace. You can take your silver lining about draft picks, however this is ground hog day for mine.

Our story has always been about almost. We manage to draft guns who end up leaving us. We almost get to the top and then fall....but not enough to get the best of the best. We build with young up and coming guns.....they leave us....we paddle a little longer and then reset and start again.

I would have taken 10 years on the bottom of the ladder to win that GF last year. It is nothing but a bitter taste at the moment.

I will keep supporting the boys and the club. I can’t help but want them to win, but I have also come to grips with the roller coaster that is our club.

*sigh*
Really? This always perplexes me. So you would rather 9 years of torture with one glory year, than - let's say - 10 solid consistent seasons. I think sides like Sydney and Geelong have proven that you don't need to bottom out to contend every year.

If you look at the last 10 seasons, sides that finish near the bottom do not just pop up and win a flag out of nowhere. Richmond and the Bulldogs are the worst performing teams over the last decade to have won flags, but they have still gone at a respectable win/loss over that time of 49.1%.

Indeed, 7 of the last 9 flags have been won by the 4 best performing teams over the last 10 years.

2009-2018 Win Percentage
Geel 72.05% (2 flags)
Haw 67.11% (3 flags)
Syd 64.07% (1 flag)
Coll 60.54% (1 flag)
Adel 56.11%
WC 55.91%
Frem 51.13%
Nth 49.54%
WB 49.09% (1 flag)
Rich 49.07% (1 flag)
StK 46.79%
Port 46.05%
Ess 42.52%
Carl 40.47%
GWS 38.93%
Melb 32.06%
Bris 30.66%
GC 26.06%

*sigh*
The difference this time round is that we are in with a chance of drafting in top rated talent from SA who won't leave to go home as they are already home. We have a core of guys that will be the backbone of the team for years to come in laird, mcgovern, milera, fogarty, m crouch, doedee, gallucci, maybe b crouch. If we could add in 3 highly rated 1st round sa players this year and hoping that sladojevic keeps progressing as a key forward in the u18's next year and we take him as our academy project, we will have a great group to take the club forward whilst still having guys like talia, tex, gibbs etc in there. I see no doom and gloom but a real chance to climb the mountain

Really? This always perplexes me. So you would rather 9 years of torture with one glory year, than - let's say - 10 solid consistent seasons. I think sides like Sydney and Geelong have proven that you don't need to bottom out to contend every year.

If you look at the last 10 seasons, sides that finish near the bottom do not just pop up and win a flag out of nowhere. Richmond and the Bulldogs are the worst performing teams over the last decade to have won flags, but they have still gone at a respectable win/loss over that time of 49.1%.

Indeed, 7 of the last 9 flags have been won by the 4 best performing teams over the last 10 years.

2009-2018 Win Percentage
Geel 72.05% (2 flags)
Haw 67.11% (3 flags)
Syd 64.07% (1 flag)
Coll 60.54% (1 flag)
Adel 56.11%
WC 55.91%
Frem 51.13%
Nth 49.54%
WB 49.09% (1 flag)
Rich 49.07% (1 flag)
StK 46.79%
Port 46.05%
Ess 42.52%
Carl 40.47%
GWS 38.93%
Melb 32.06%
Bris 30.66%
GC 26.06%
Yeah but that one year of glory.....would be a hell of a year!!

We will finish 11th. My only focus and hope now is that Port dont win the flag. "Operation anyone but port"
Our season is cooked! Noway we are winning 7 out of 10 games to make to make the 8. Heads must roll at seasons end! With our list and after making a GF we should have been challeging again... not missing finals. Our fitness staff from top to bottom must go.. injuries caused this.. now its a confidence thing. We are SHOT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Season Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back