Strategy Season Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Losing hurts physically and emotionally

Aint that the truth

images

Egg on a lot of negative faces around here next week. Pykey reckons its all positives from the weekend. Lots of effort, just some missed chances and a couple of weak defensive efforts. Surely that means if we keep those lazy defenders and JJ who cant hit a barn door atm they will come good right?

Crows by 100. Onya Pykey.

Season can't be abandoned at this point. The jury is well and truly out on the necessity of a top 4 position to succeed.

Need to get to the bye 8-5 if we can, last night would have eased that pressure. We now need 2/2 the next fortnight.

I think we can beat Freo, but Hawks unlikely. Even if we get to the bye 7-6, it's where Richmond was last year.

We are in an unusual position of having key players currently in cotton wool being prepared for the second half of the season.

You cannot write the season off when a top 6 finish is achievable, and there is another bye before finals. We may end up starting finals at home with a fully fit side, coming into form and with key players only having played half a season.

Now of course the wheels could fall off prior to this and we maybe even miss the 8 altogether. We will know soon enough.

But right now everything is still on the table and a second half of the season assault can't be ruled out
I think it's a combination of the way we are playing ... and the players we have in the squad that are not up to it. That's what's got me ready to look to next year so early. I'm usually a positive supporter, but the way our 3 areas are performing is diabolical.

FORWARDS - no McG no Tex no chance. We seem to be player reliant ... not based on roles. I don't like that.
MIDS - too slow, no method, led by some of the worst ruck stuff I have seen in a long while. I'd rather turn CEY from a slow mid into a small ruckman.
BACKS - constantly found under the ball, with space behind. Talia just showing the rest what is missing. Doedee is in his first year and is making Hartigan and Kelly look really really bad.

I look at a player like Gibson, that has been one of the best stoppers in the league, yet for us he plays some sort of floating role (no pun intended) and looks completely lost. That is not great.

We have selectors favourites, that are looking backwards at what these players have done in the (sometimes distant) past - not what they will bring now and into the future. Big problem.

Look at how Sydney handled their injuries last year, so so different to how we are doing it.

I still love the club, I still watch all the games, I'm just aware of how different we feel this year compared to last year. It's miles apart.

PS - having said that, if we make the top 4 I'll rejoin the bandwagon so fast it will make your head spin !!

I think it's a combination of the way we are playing ... and the players we have in the squad that are not up to it. That's what's got me ready to look to next year so early. I'm usually a positive supporter, but the way our 3 areas are performing is diabolical.

FORWARDS - no McG no Tex no chance. We seem to be player reliant ... not based on roles. I don't like that.
MIDS - too slow, no method, led by some of the worst ruck stuff I have seen in a long while. I'd rather turn CEY from a slow mid into a small ruckman.
BACKS - constantly found under the ball, with space behind. Talia just showing the rest what is missing. Doedee is in his first year and is making Hartigan and Kelly look really really bad.

I look at a player like Gibson, that has been one of the best stoppers in the league, yet for us he plays some sort of floating role (no pun intended) and looks completely lost. That is not great.

We have selectors favourites, that are looking backwards at what these players have done in the (sometimes distant) past - not what they will bring now and into the future. Big problem.

Look at how Sydney handled their injuries last year, so so different to how we are doing it.

I still love the club, I still watch all the games, I'm just aware of how different we feel this year compared to last year. It's miles apart.

PS - having said that, if we make the top 4 I'll rejoin the bandwagon so fast it will make your head spin !!
Probably one of the most true 'P.S.s' i've ever read!

Thanks to our fitness staff and a tough run home, they may not have a say.

I’d actually be putting it to the fitness staff: you’ve got 11 weeks, to prove to me, that this ****ing debacle was all part of your grand plan.

I’ve heard for calls to sack some of them, but getting rid of the fitness staff right now proves nothing. If they’re going to fail, I want them to fail properly, and wear the consequences.

images

Don't want to hear excuses Ive been hearing them for 20 years

WE haven't got the team to win a flag!!!!

YES or NO?
Can you actually name Hamish’s first rd picks and where they were picked, because clearly in your mind they are to blame for us not winning a flag in 20 years.

Season can't be abandoned at this point. The jury is well and truly out on the necessity of a top 4 position to succeed.

Need to get to the bye 8-5 if we can, last night would have eased that pressure. We now need 2/2 the next fortnight.

I think we can beat Freo, but Hawks unlikely. Even if we get to the bye 7-6, it's where Richmond was last year.

We are in an unusual position of having key players currently in cotton wool being prepared for the second half of the season.

You cannot write the season off when a top 6 finish is achievable, and there is another bye before finals. We may end up starting finals at home with a fully fit side, coming into form and with key players only having played half a season.

Now of course the wheels could fall off prior to this and we maybe even miss the 8 altogether. We will know soon enough.

But right now everything is still on the table and a second half of the season assault can't be ruled out

The absolute worst outcome would be scraping into 5th or 6th then getting owned by the top 4 teams during finals. It's a really risky strategy in the position we are in

Have we got a team that is capable of winning a flag

YES OR NO?
If fit yes, with some guns from the 2018 draft, yes.

Now on to your premise that our current form is Hamish’s fault, can you name his first round picks and where they were selected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you actually name Hamish’s first rd picks and where they were picked, because clearly in your mind they are to blame for us not winning a flag in 20 years.
If fit yes, with some guns from the 2018 draft, yes.

Now on to your premise that our current form is Hamish’s fault, can you name his first round picks and where they were selected.
Looks like you missed the question twice marty36

Yeah, it had nothing to do with us winning, Doedee earning rising star or team of the week nominations.....

Yeah I watched the 20 marks he spilled such a gun that last one that put the gap in the game was a howler, lucky Mcakay didn't do it or the board would have had a meltdown

Anyhows a Back Pocket player with bugger all rebound isn't what we need Hammish, we need a replacement for TEX or Sloane or Jacobs or maybe an upgrade on Harto, you know KPP's or midfielders

Enjoy the spill king last night did you
Notice that Lever did his knee again on the weekend.. unfortunately that can happen when blokes have done a knee in the past...

who’s that young hawks defender with the cloud hanging over his knees again?.. I seem to have forgotten his name..

Yeah I watched the 20 marks he spilled such a gun that last one that put the gap in the game was a howler, lucky Mcakay didn't do it or the board would have had a meltdown

Anyhows a Back Pocket player with bugger all rebound isn't what we need Hammish, we need a replacement for TEX or Sloane or Jacobs or maybe an upgrade on Harto, you know KPP's or midfielders
So you don’t disagree that you avoided this board when we were winning and Doedee was winning nominations....

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Season Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back