Strategy Season Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond had Caddy, Houli, Nakervis, Grigg and Prestia in their grand final side and they were all from other clubs.

If you look around the league most teams would have around 5-6 guys that have come from other clubs.

I hope you're not hanging your hat on this as your smoking gun of evidence.

we are different to Richmond and hawthorn for obvious reasons

Blind freddy can see that we need to build around local talent to keep our salary cap under control and we lose the go home factor

1997/1998 and ports 1994 what sort of influence of local players again for obvious reasons, cap room and no wanting to leave

Has the penny dropped for Hamish finally

You have a couple of dynasty teams like Brisbane, Hawthorn and Geelong were, then you have those that get an opportunity and take it like The Bulldogs and Richmond. We wernt a Dynasty team, we were one who got given an opportunity and failed to take it.
Now we go back to the pack and regroup for another shot. Injuries have smashed us, and with an aging list the decision to go all in on with Gibbs will be judged harshly if we dont get a flag.

Injuries were our friend last year, they aren't this year and with the aging of our best players wont be next year

we are different to Richmond and hawthorn for obvious reasons

Blind freddy can see that we need to build around local talent to keep our salary cap under control and we lose the go home factor

1997/1998 and ports 1994 what sort of influence of local players again for obvious reasons, cap room and no wanting to leave

Has the penny dropped for Hamish finally
The go home factor is definitely an issue, but the club has a responsibly to create an environment that players want to stay and be apart of.

I'd hardly blame the recruiter for players leaving, ultimately a local talent first policy rather than a best available would be a club policy rather than something that's left up to the discretion of the recruiting staff.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

The go home factor is definitely an issue, but the club has a responsibly to create an environment that players want to stay and be apart of.

I'd hardly blame the recruiter for players leaving, ultimately a local talent first policy rather than a best available would be a club policy rather than something that's left up to the discretion of the recruiting staff.

regardless of how well you think the club can control it, to be in your home state will be a massive advantage in retaining players for less $$$, its basically human nature to wont to be near family and friends. So the more home grown talent we can find the better our cap will be to retain the interstate players its really not rocket science

To win a flag we need to take advantage of this like we did in 1997/1998 and Port did in 2004 we clearly haven't been doing this and it will cost us or has it already

Yep and Doedee will be a draft bust.

We’re going to be awesome next year, we would of been this year bar injury.
Nah, we are on the decline. Sauce is now becoming a average ruckman, and ROB is no replacement. Even Bicks on AA said he is a 5 to 6 possession player who if he doesnt put it down the throat of the mids offers nothing else. He is no forward option. The influence of quality ruckmen is back in vogue.
Eddie is on the decline and next year will be worse than this one.
Douglas, Gibbs, JJ etc are aging into their 30s.
Sloane wont be here next year, and theres a chance Lynch wont be.
I just dont have your rose coloured glasses im afraid.
Thats why I wouldnt have paid what we did for Gibbs, and I would have got Francis in last year.
Gibson was just a stupid trade to boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So answer this very simple question
Who do you want us to draft . Just one player in 2018 and the pick number
Thanks in advance
*** Edit
I'll make it easy for you
Player Name: ........
Pick No. .........

Pretend your Rendell
How are we going ? marty36

So that may have been a bit tough.
So
Who do you want to be drafted next year as a first non round top ten pick
Name :
No dribble just
Name : ..........

Nah, we are on the decline. Sauce is now becoming a average ruckman, and ROB is no replacement. Even Bicks on AA said he is a 5 to 6 possession player who if he doesnt put it down the throat of the mids offers nothing else. He is no forward option. The influence of quality ruckmen is back in vogue.
Eddie is on the decline and next year will be worse than this one.
Douglas, Gibbs, JJ etc are aging into their 30s.
Sloane wont be here next year, and theres a chance Lynch wont be.
I just dont have your rose coloured glasses im afraid.
Thats why I wouldnt have paid what we did for Gibbs, and I would have got Francis in last year.
Gibson was just a stupid trade to boot.
I think 2019 maybe 20 will be contending years.
Eddie will be fine he just needs Tex and Gov with him.
Dougie might be right there.
I think Gibbs has 2-3 top flight years left.
JJ won't shrink and as long as Gov and Tex come back will get more affective again.
Sloane and Lynch haven't been there this year and we found ways to win without Rory last year when he was tagged out.
I think that the Gibbs trade was a year late, but I don't think that it cost too much anyway.

Walsh coached us for 7 months, i don't think anyone can pass judgement one way or another about his coaching ability based on that small period of time.

However his belief and messaging was spot on and really struck a chord with the fanbase.

Would he have won us a flag? Who knows, but those 7 months had me believing that we had someone who was going to fundamentally change the mentally at the club.

I bought into it enough that I still sometimes wonder would could have been had tragedy not struck.

Walsh my was the culture builder for the whole club and I think Pyke is a more rounded coach but. It as good as Walsh in that culture dept

I want Pyke to take more control and demand things from Fagan and the club , I think he might

I always felt Rendell got a lot of credit for Hamish's work.

How has gone at Collingwood? Bear in mind Collingwood have. one of the best scouting networks and resources in the league

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I'd take Ogilvie over Rendell every day if he week , he's a much harder worker and treats every pick with equal importance . Rendell is more of a feel type and he doesn't dot the I's and cross the T's as well

injury affects every season would we have made the GF if we weren't kissed on the D last year

but its something out of our control
You're just clutching at straws.

We had 8 hamstrings early last year and also had Smith's knee injury and Gov's hamstring which led to both missing the grand final.

Hardly a dream injury run.

Not sure who is more frustrating Marty or Dmac.
You haven’t answered one question yet Marty.
Grow some balls and answer elite or crownt’s questions.
Hey at least he doesn’t have your number.

I’m used to getting texts from Port and now Richmond supporters when we lose, but not from fellow Crows supporters and all because a guy he knows wasn’t drafted by us. He now is happy when we lose.

the GF side was built around senior players a lot of which came from other clubs have we drafted well enough to win a flag in the next 5
Well no guns since Dangerfield really, so you’d have to say no.
But we never have good picks so it’s understandable. Hawks haven’t drafted a gun either since who knows when. Except Burton of course.

injury affects every season would we have made the GF if we weren't kissed on the D last year

but its something out of our control

We had plenty of injuries last year. From start to end, it was Richmond that were at near full strength when it mattered not Adelaide, that’s for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Season Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back