SEN Best Team Since 2000

Remove this Banner Ad

The team seems unbalanced (much like AA teams) and not one you'd play on game day.
Players picked for the sake of being in the team, rather than being the best fit.
Also, Gawn over Cox is pretty absurd, and I'm not even a Cox fan.
Nah, Gawn is the most effective ruck this century and it's now reasonably comfortable.

I'll be posting why in the Cox v Gawn poll in coming days.

I believe facts. And I'll tag you so you can read them.
I can't wait.
So you don't waste your time I don't care about total All Australians or total career Brownlow Votes, or coaches votes or equivalents.
Those are subjective opinions masquerading as facts and should be given little weight in these discussions.
I used to care about these metrics but the last 4-5 years I've realised that they are, more often than not, misleading, unhelpful and flawed and by relying upon them you are simply deferring your opinion to somebody else rather than having your own opinion.
If you want to run these, be my guest, but I'm not interested in being swayed by them and don't consider them "facts" that have any substance.

Brent Harvey not being included, and then not even being listed in the 'unlucky to miss' section is absolutely ****ing ridiculous.

Also, Andrew McLeod... yeah he was good, but he played his best footy in the 90s.

This list was written by a 20 year old.

Brent Harvey not being included, and then not even being listed in the 'unlucky to miss' section is absolutely ****ing ridiculous.
Who would you cut to make way for Harvey?

I can't wait.
So you don't waste your time I don't care about total All Australians or total career Brownlow Votes, or coaches votes or equivalents.
Those are subjective opinions masquerading as facts and should be given little weight in these discussions.
I used to care about these metrics but the last 4-5 years I've realised that they are, more often than not, misleading, unhelpful and flawed and by relying upon them you are simply deferring your opinion to somebody else rather than having your own opinion.
If you want to run these, be my guest, but I'm not interested in being swayed by them and don't consider them "facts" that have any substance.
There will be more meat on the bones than just All Australians, Brownlow Votes, Coaches Votes and Best & Fairests. And you're right, Gawn wins easily by all of those metrics. And I mean easily by some of them.

And I'll be fair to Cox. Super player with better foot skills than Gawn.

But, as stated, overall Gawn has comfortably been the better player and certainly more effective.

There continues to be too much bias shown to players who began and played much of their best footy in the 90’s. Fair enough Buckley wasn’t picked as his last elite year was 2003, but Voss didn’t do much beyond 2004 and makes the 18. If it’s a team of this century, has he really done more than Swan, Mitchell, Neale, Fyfe or Cripps? I can justify the two Crows selections as they were highly decorated in the 2000s. I’d probably find room for Hawkins at the expense of Lloyd but that might be unpopular.

Cox and Gawn both absolute champions but it’s Gawn pretty comfortably for me now. I can’t pick Cox over him and with Goodes we have a second ruck already.

There will be more meat on the bones than just All Australians, Brownlow Votes, Coaches Votes and Best & Fairests. And you're right, Gawn wins easily by all of those metrics. And I mean easily by some of them.

And I'll be fair to Cox. Super player with better foot skills than Gawn.

But, as stated, overall Gawn has comfortably been the better player and certainly more effective.

Cox had a Disposal Efficiency throughout his career of 75.5%

Gawn has a Disposal Efficiency so far in his career of 66.4%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox had a Disposal Efficiency throughout his career of 75.5%

Gawn has a Disposal Efficiency so far in his career of 66.4%
As I mentioned, I'm going to break down reasons why Gawn has surpassed Cox in a week, or so, and I'll be sure to include those stats along with many other pertinent ones.

Btw, I have Cox at 73.3%. I agree with Gawn at 66.4%.

Where are you getting your stats from ?

Akermanis probably the main one I’d put in. Brisbane get pushed aside in these things because their flag players had careers spanning over 90s & 2000s - but Aka did his best work in that 2000-2004 era delivering 3 flags, nearly a Norm & a Brownlow & I’d have him over Ricciuto (factoring in team balance - a fast runner on the wing) and Riewoldt.

I’d happily have a pressure forward, such as Rioli, over one of Pavlich/Bont on bench. Quintessential modern role & you don’t have a single team picked for last 14 years or so without a dedicated pressure forward. So you HAVE to pick one for me and Rioli takes it.

As I mentioned, I'm going to break down reasons why Gawn has surpassed Cox in a week, or so, and I'll be sure to include those stats along with many other pertinent ones.

Where are you getting your stats from

Where are you getting your stats from ?
See screenshot attached. I got stats from AFL app. Dean Cox career Disposal Efficiency of 75.5%

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240929_185158_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20240929_185158_AFL.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 1
Reference:

Thoughts everyone?

Pendles emg sub at best.

Dangerfield at HF 🤦‍♂️

Either put him in the midfield, interchange or not in the team at all. He’s not a HF and a butcher.

Either than that pretty solid. Rioli v Betts and Gawn v Cox are 50/50

Remove this Banner Ad

SEN Best Team Since 2000

Remove this Banner Ad

Back