Setanta

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you say Setanta is finished? CHF in our team is still up for grabs at the moment and he has shown patches this year to suggest that he can play there.

Why do you say Setanta is finished? CHF in our team is still up for grabs at the moment and he has shown patches this year to suggest that he can play there.

hes still showing patches that he can play there? how many years has be been on the list and hes still showing 'patches', in a side crying out for a chf of any description.

hes still showing patches that he can play there? how many years has be been on the list and hes still showing 'patches', in a side crying out for a chf of any description.

Yeah we do need a CHF but unfortunately they don't grow on trees. We have to play him there until we have a more valuable option.

He was showing great signs near the end of the year but struggled with blood clots from that incident where Fev rammed his knee into his back in a marking contest.

Replace him with Matthew Westho................oh wait, you said halfway decent.

Port supporters aren't stupid enough to talk up Matt Westhoff though. Carlton supporters actually think that spud can play.

Had a brilliant month where his contested marking was absolutely A-grade. To those knocking him, you obviously didn't watch the first half vs St Kilda. Or his game against Freo. Your ignorance doesn't make him a spud.

If not for the blood clots in his legs, would have had a really strong finish to the season. I know its taken a long time, but he was really playing some good consistent footy before the injury.

Definitely a keeper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never understood why Carlton persisted with him. The biffo with Cloke at the start of the year wouldve been a good excuse to get rid of him, but decided to keep him AND play him regularly??

I reckon Setanta's time is about up too. If (and I know this is an extremely big if) we were to get Tarrant, there wouldn't be a place for Setanta in the side. Waite and Kruezer will spend more time forward. And just as an aside, Waite + Tarrant means an awful lot of flexibility which is the only other thing that Setanta might have offered.

But even without Tarrant, Kruezer and Waite will still go forward. I'd reckon you'll only see Waite going down back when Jamison, Thornton, Bower and co need a hand.

Anyone that stands there stunned after marking the ball from a kick-in when standing the mark just hasn't got a footy brain (and after what ... 5 years, if it ain't there now, I don't think it ever will be).

It's a shame, cos he's tried his guts out, and he certainly isn't a spud, he's just taken too long to come to grips with our game. There are probably other sides he could find a spot in (don't ask me to name them though).

Remove this Banner Ad

Setanta

Remove this Banner Ad

Back