Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

2 x firsts at a minimum but freo will probably have to cough up a 2nd to sweeten it. Unless they aren’t interested in winning premierships which their history suggests is true.
We weren't going to, but now you have taunted us so cleverly we have no choice.

Shadow And Bone GIF by NETFLIX

So Bolton and Baker for Collingwood and Ports pick plus a future 1st with some later picks heading to Freo plus Richmond paying a portion of Bolton's yearly wage until contracts ended.

That's the offer from Freo

And itsmore than fair
Doubt we take a future pick off you after giving you two huge pieces of a potential premiership puzzle. We'll go for all 3 picks this year IMO.

So Bolton and Baker for Collingwood and Ports pick plus a future 1st with some later picks heading to Freo plus Richmond paying a portion of Bolton's yearly wage until contracts ended.

And itsmore than fair
Can see us paying all of Bolton's wage for 2 years tbh, but not any longer. We'll be wanting to bring in free agents after that point and will need the cap space.

Doubt we take a future pick off you after giving you two huge pieces of a potential premiership puzzle. We'll go for all 3 picks this year IMO.

So 3 firsts and a second isn't good enough because one of those is a future?

That's the offer currently

David Zita: "Shai Bolton's preference is to return to WA if a trade could be facilitated, but he is not stomping his feet, he's saying he is happy to stay if they want him and they want to keep him."

Unsure on the deal, but I’d have thought Richmond wouldn’t mind spreading their firsts over next 2 drafts?

This is assuming Rioli also leaves and you’d still be getting 2 picks from us based on that deal.

You’ll have 5 or 6 ( or more… I don’t really know) picks inside 30.

Regardless of the actual deal, does there come a point where you have too many top picks in 2024 and want to push some into 2025?

Unsure on the deal, but I’d have thought Richmond wouldn’t mind spreading their firsts over next 2 drafts?

This is assuming Rioli also leaves and you’d still be getting 2 picks from us based on that deal.

You’ll have 5 or 6 ( or more… I don’t really know) picks inside 30.

Regardless of the actual deal, does there come a point where you have too many top picks in 2024 and want to push some into 2025?
Yeah I'm sure if all these deals go through we'll move one or two into 2025. What I meant was I doubt one of them will be Freos. Can see pies trading a F1 to get into this year.

Yeah I'm sure if all these deals go through we'll move one or two into 2025. What I meant was I doubt one of them will be Freos. Can see pies trading a F1 to get into this year.

So basically get what you can for 2024 and then wheel and deal with futures yourself?

Fair enough.

It’s why I’d rather trade 10 ourselves first and try to extract more value for it.

This is where we stand. A month ago Shai was happy as a clam to stay at Richmond. Then suddenly his mind changed.

You know what changed? Richmond's mindset. We're not trialing Jagga Smith, Finn O'Sullivan and Harvey Langford (and asking to trial Guy Smillie and Murph Reid) in our VFL side to see which one of them we will get. It's which two, or even three.

Daniel Rioli is contracted for three more years. Shai Bolton for four more. But RFC has acknowledged that our recent and glorious era is over. Tasmania is coming. It sees the opportunity to load up before then.

Shai approached Freo - after Richmond suggested to him he could explore options if the deal was right.

We are not pushing players out the door, nor is there a mad rush for the exits. Don't listen to the twits speculating about 'culture' - watch the retirement speeches of Dylan Grimes, Marlion Picket, Sam Naismith (played 3 games, did another ACL, described it as his favourite year in footy). Richmond FC is still a special place. Baker would not be agonising if it were anything less.

Gold Coast's first pick will be on the table for Daniel. Currently it's pick 7, could be 6 after today, will get pushed back 2 or 3 spots to accommodate Ashcroft, Lombard and Battle compo. Freo's first two will be on the table for Shai. Currently they are 9 and 10, will push out to 13 and 14 when you add in Kako as well.

But-but Lachie Neale. Irrelevant. In any case 6 and 19 is better than 13 and 14. But irrelevant. I might as well counter with but-but Lachie Weller. Equally irrelevant.

Richmond is trialing several top draft prospects because it expects/hopes to have several top draft picks. Blair Hartley is a past master at this stuff and will be working on a three-way deal to get pick 2 or 3 in a Shai trade.

Shai Bolton will not be traded for picks 13 and 14.

And itsmore than fair
As others have said I'd rather Freo's first this year (assuming you don't make a premiership charge) but reckon this deal isn't that far off and I'd be pretty happy with it to be honest. Also depends what the later picks are coming back, e.g., I wouldn't want to send a F2 back as there's a fair chance our future second isn't too far behind your first next year

This is where we stand. A month ago Shai was happy as a clam to stay at Richmond. Then suddenly his mind changed.

You know what changed? Richmond's mindset. We're not trialing Jagga Smith, Finn O'Sullivan and Harvey Langford (and asking to trial Guy Smillie and Murph Reid) in our VFL side to see which one of them we will get. It's which two, or even three.

Daniel Rioli is contracted for three more years. Shai Bolton for four more. But RFC has acknowledged that our recent and glorious era is over. Tasmania is coming. It sees the opportunity to load up before then.

Shai approached Freo - after Richmond suggested to him he could explore options if the deal was right.

We are not pushing players out the door, nor is there a mad rush for the exits. Don't listen to the twits speculating about 'culture' - watch the retirement speeches of Dylan Grimes, Marlion Picket, Sam Naismith (played 3 games, did another ACL, described it as his favourite year in footy). Richmond FC is still a special place. Baker would not be agonising if it were anything less.

Gold Coast's first pick will be on the table for Daniel. Currently it's pick 7, could be 6 after today, will get pushed back 2 or 3 spots to accommodate Ashcroft, Lombard and Battle compo. Freo's first two will be on the table for Shai. Currently they are 9 and 10, will push out to 13 and 14 when you add in Kako as well.

But-but Lachie Neale. Irrelevant. In any case 6 and 19 is better than 13 and 14. But irrelevant. I might as well counter with but-but Lachie Weller. Equally irrelevant.

Richmond is trialing several top draft prospects because it expects/hopes to have several top draft picks. Blair Hartley is a past master at this stuff and will be working on a three-way deal to get pick 2 or 3 in a Shai trade.

I agree with your clubs culture of late but you saying he will only move for picks 2 or 3 is completely wishful. Freo can only give what they have and they don't have picks 2 or 3 and they won't be handing a club with pick 2 or 3 all their picks this draft to acquire pick 2 or 3 so you can put this wishful speculation to rest.

As others have said I'd rather Freo's first this year (assuming you don't make a premiership charge) but reckon this deal isn't that far off and I'd be pretty happy with it to be honest. Also depends what the later picks are coming back, e.g., I wouldn't want to send a F2 back as there's a fair chance our future second isn't too far behind your first next year

Yes completely agree with you. I wasn't suggesting your future 2nd. That's not what I was told. It was later picks this draft, so I'd expect a 4th rounder etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with your clubs culture of late but you saying he will only move for picks 2 or 3 is completely wishful. Freo can only give what they have and they don't have picks 2 or 3 and they won't be handing a club with pick 2 or 3 all their picks this draft to acquire pick 2 or 3 so you can put this wishful speculation to rest.
Did you read the bit about the 3-way deal?

If all we're getting is 13 and 14, he stays. Simple.

If Freo chooses to miss out for the sake of keeping pick 21, so be it.

Thats all plausible except for the bit where wce trade pick 3 down with you. That wont happen. You will end up with a bunch of picks between say freos highest r1 and p20 (you might have 4 or 5 in that range) plus futures and there will still be good targets in that range.

Did you read the bit about the 3-way deal?

If all we're getting is 13 and 14, he stays. Simple.

If Freo chooses to miss out for the sake of keeping pick 21, so be it.

The 3 way deal is implausible unless theres a seller.

The 3 way deal is implausible unless theres a seller.
No shit.

Norf have 2 and 21. They could well go for 6 and 10 for pick 2. That would give them Trainor and another very good kid.

You will end up with a bunch of picks between say freos highest r1 and p20
No we won't. We will keep Shai Bolton if that's the best on offer.

No shit.

Norf have 2 and 21. They could well go for 6 and 10 for pick 2. That would give them Trainor and another very good kid.

No we won't. We will keep Shai Bolton if that's the best on offer.

I agree with the second bit and thats probably why you will keep bolton.

On the first bit north would be mad to do that deal. The pool is even this year to a level that they arent getting anything out of it.

As i said to you there isnt a viable way to get an extra top 3 pick its fantasy stuff.

If Battle doesn't get band 1 and Lombard and Kako aren't bid on till 13/14, does that mean 10/11 is enough?

Can see us paying all of Bolton's wage for 2 years tbh, but not any longer. We'll be wanting to bring in free agents after that point and will need the cap space.
You need draft picks, we need salary cap, we have picks, you have salary cap.

Let's just do Bolton including two years wages and F2 for picks 9,10,17, F3

You need draft picks, we need salary cap, we have picks, you have salary cap.

Let's just do Bolton including two years wages and F2 for picks 9,10,17, F3
Doubt we'd do that F2. More likely to trade our pick ~39 this year instead.

David Zita: "Shai Bolton's preference is to return to WA if a trade could be facilitated, but he is not stomping his feet, he's saying he is happy to stay if they want him and they want to keep him."
This is why he hasn't publicly requested a trade; he and his manager know that unless Richmond receives more than expected, he will remain with the team, we are likely to lose, such as Rioli, Baker, and Graham.

If Freo lose they will have picks 9 & 10. Which will possibly end up 12 & 13. Should be about right for Bolton.
Future picks in this trade- No thanks.
But maybe Freo prefer to miss finals? Interesting trade period ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back