Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

That was my point. I think you would need 27 and 29 to get Brisbane talking not 29 and picks in 40s.
Brisbane will be using the picks to match an Ashcroft bid. They don't give a **** if they're 29 or 43.

Brisbane won’t trade this years pick… it’ll be next years first rounder.
They will trade this year's first otherwise they'd lose it to match an Ashcroft bid.

GC trade 13 + 20 for Rioli + 29 (GC uses pick 6 themselves; Rioli valued at pick 9)

Freo trade 9, 17 + 27 for Bolton, 20 + 39 (Freo keeps one of 9 or 10 for Bo Allan; minor pick swap to facilitate the Brisbane trade; Bolton valued at pick 6)

West Coast trade 23 for Baker

Pick 22 received for Jack Graham (band 3)

Brisbane trade 14 + 52 for 23 + 27

Leaves Richmond with 1, 9, 13, 14, 17, 21, 22, 41, 47, 52 to use or swap. I don't see any other trade partners in the top 10. Maybe St Kilda if they receive band 1 compensation for Battle.
Lol. No.

I don't think Richmond should worry about getting high picks as much as getting plenty of top 30 picks.

9+17+27 for Shai+Baker+39
13+20 for Daniel+47+41

I'd even trade pick 1 to the Saints for 7+8(Battle, if they receive band 1)

7, 8, 9, 13, 17, 20, 21, 27, 29

If the top 25-30 is as deep as people seem to think it is, grabbing 9 of these blokes is a great haul, take mids/flankers early, take KPP later.

I don't think Richmond should worry about getting high picks as much as getting plenty of top 30 picks.

9+17+27 for Shai+Baker+39
13+20 for Daniel+47+41

I'd even trade pick 1 to the Saints for 7+8(Battle, if they receive band 1)

7, 8, 9, 13, 17, 20, 21, 27, 29

If the top 25-30 is as deep as people seem to think it is, grabbing 9 of these blokes is a great haul, take mids/flankers early, take KPP later.
I think you'll find we could easily end up with 8 top 30 picks without trading pick 1.

The most likely outcomes for trades appear to be:
Pick 6 for Rioli
Pick 9 + 10 for Shai
Pick 15 for Baker
Pick 22 compo for Graham

Without considering trading up our 6 3rd/4th rounders or trading forward future picks, that would leave us with:

I think you'll find we could easily end up with 8 top 30 picks without trading pick 1.

Pick 6 for Rioli
Pick 9 + 10 for Shai
Pick 15 for Baker
Pick 22 compo for Graham

Without considering trading up our 6 3rd/4th rounders or trading forward future picks, that would leave us with:
lol you are delusional

For what it’s worth, here was my suggestions on our board.

Gold Coast have 6,13 and 20
Freo 9,10 and 17
Richmond Bolton and Rioli

Here I go:

GC give 6, 20 get Rioli and 17 left with 13,17 values Rioli at ~8

Freo give 9,10,17 get Bolton, 20 and Richmond’s future 2nd values Bolton at ~4

Richmond give Bolton, Rioli future 2nd get 6,9,10

Sprinkle all sorts of later round picks or later round future picks around.

We still have a pick in the first round albeit the last one.

The alternative is sub out 10 for our future first, which would clearly be preferred but I think Tigers will go hard at 9 and 10.

Maybe swap 17 with our future first.

Thoughts?

For us - it means giving up 9 and 10. A 3 pick downgrade late in the first round. Getting Bolton and Richmond’s future 2nd.

I’m aware giving up 6 would seem crazy for GC. This was based around Richmond WANTING 6,9 and 10
TBH we will likely demand Pick 6. GC may WANT to keep it too, and they have that right to reject our demands. Daniel is an uber professional, no way he throws his toys out of the pram, so will play on with us and put in 100% every week. I'm totally confident of that, so GC will NEED to pony up pick 6 as part of the trade.

Again I go back to the Saad trade, who was out of contract, Pick 8 was the main part of that trade, Rioli is contracted and is better than Saad (albeit slightly older than when Saad was traded), so we should be expecting Pick 6 to be part of the trade. Dimma will be all over this and will push hard for it, rightly so. The GCS movement out of the back half is pretty poor, other than Powell, they have no-one that can really move the ball down the ground. Bringing in Noble and Rioli along with Powell, maybe they rotate through HB and the wing, will bring a lot of pace to their ball movement.

I think your trades above, potentially are similar to what they will be. I don't think we will use our F2nd as part of the trade with you guys, we will either leave out 17 completely, or use WC's if we get that as part of a Baker trade. The value of the 1st pick of the 2nd round is huge, so I don't think we'd be keen to trade it, certainly not for a couple of spots higher on the draft board.

I don't think you guys will be looking to trade out future 1sts or 2nds, more likely you will be looking to add more to give you more currency and flexibility if Warner is actually available.

Pick 6 for Rioli
Pick 9 + 10 for Shai
Pick 15 for Baker
Pick 22 compo for Graham

I think it will be 9 & 17 for Shai or 9 & F1/F2
Baker I feel will stay (as we cant cut that deep & he is 50/50 anyway)
No way we get R2 for Graham, more R3

Pick 6 for Rioli
Pick 9 + 10 for Shai
Pick 15 for Baker
Pick 22 compo for Graham

How I see it (not what I wish though):

Pick 6 for Rioli
Pick 9,17 for Shai (hopefully we also ask for a F2)
Pick 23 & F2 for Baker (West Coast)
Pick 40 for Graham (compo pick, I can't see Eagles offering over 600k a year to Graham)
Swap picks to Lions for their 1st rounder for Ashcroft bid 15*

We take picks 1,6,9,17,21,23,29,39,40,41,47. & F2 (West Coast)

Not sure what picks will be used for lion's 1st rounder, but you can include that and take away some of our later picks to help.

7 (8 if you include Brisbane) picks inside the top 30, 3 picks inside the top 10.

If somehow West Coast manage to offer Graham enough for R2 compo, ill be doing cartwheels, same if Freo do give us picks 9 &10.

lol you are delusional
Thank you for the value additive comment that definitely doesn't only exist to tear someone else down.
How... how is Shai worth 9 AND 10? I just can't comprehend that.
I think we will hold out for 9 and 10, whether that involves trading a F2 or some other steak knives is another question. Could well be 9 and 17.

I do believe that is the premium he can command given his talent, what he has delivered historically, and growth potential. Well aware of the 'I told you so' risk here, which you are welcome to leverage once it all pans out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I were Blair, I'd say no and counter with Pick 9,10 for Bolton + F2 + 3rd rounder.

I still think a straight swap of 9+10 for Bolton is most likely, and I think it's a great outcome for Freo for a player who hopefully wins a norm smith for you.

That’s a fair swap for Baker and Bolton.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Are the Dockers' looking at using any of their firsts this year?
Ideally 1.

Unless Warner becomes live. Then if we can add Bolton + Warner would probably happily pick at +100 for the next 2 years ><

Two top 10 picks for Bolton + ? seems like overpaying to me. High risk / high reward. Could backfire bigtime.
I dont think it will be 2 x top 10 plus myself, but yes, you typically over pay to get long term contracted players unless its a salary dump which this isnt.

I genuinely see this as a win win scenario assuming we nail the picks

FWIW Freo fans - there were plenty of tiger melts when we traded pick 6 for Prestia in 2016, just as I suspect plenty of you will melt at the price you will pay for Bolton. It will be worth it.

Why would we trade next year's pick instead of this year's when we need points this year.

Because they need points this year!!!!!!!!
They currently have 1466 points which won’t be enough this year for Ashcroft. So they’ll need more picks this year.
If We bid on Ashcroft they’ll need over 2500 points.

IMG_3355.jpeg

Because it is and dont get the over inflated prices of Richmond players.

Richmond are going to be super shit next year - this however is their greatest asset in this negotiation.

Tiges fans don't care - so there is zero pressure on the club. They will be eying off this draft pool and wanting to get as much as possible but if we're pains in the arse and don't pay overs ....can see the Tiges just saying oh well - trade out Baker and Rioli (GC will just pay).

We really need the class of a Bolton, Richmond knows this. I fear a reverse Lachie Weller - with the Tiges just playing chicken and not caring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back