Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s an established full forward. Just can’t get in ahead of amiss or Treacy.

Just ask bombers supporters how damaging he is .
Clearly would be best 22 at every other club bar Carlton, bargain for Richmond getting him for the low low price of one Shai Bolton. I'll lodge the paperwork

I think that's fair but man, I was screaming at home to ****ing do something good last week. Could have been given you a shout when the game was in the balance in the third. Since his best is so good, I'm not sure there are many players with a gap as large as he has from his best to his worst.

All this to say, do I think Richmond should take a top 5 pick and run? No, that's not a too good to refuse offer but I think it's about right if they were open to trading him.
He is a victim of his own talent though, when you look at his form, and the fact he's playing mostly forward, in the shittest team in the comp, with no forward support, you take his 20+ touches and 1.5 goals a game all day. Thats bloody good footy.

Last edited:

Matt Taberner right now:

Despicable Me Hello GIF by Minions

John Candy No GIF by Laff

That's not what I said though?

You saying "You're actually likely to find someone better than Bolton" means statistically that over half of the top 5 players taken in the last decade must be better than Bolton, which is just not true.
So between "you're highly unlikely to find someone better than Bolton" and "you're actually likely to find someone better than Bolton" who's more correct? I can post the same list of 29 successful top 5 draft picks if that helps.

That's a easy list to comprise because you know what those players are now that they are in the system.
Draftees are an unknown quantity compared to what we know what we have in Bolton.
Its not that hard to understand.

Thats why i said id only trade Bolton for an established FF or CHF which is a big need of ours.

FS man.
Given the rebuild Richmond are about to embark upon, you need to be ready to take on some of that unknown quantity when trading out players for draft picks.

So between "you're highly unlikely to find someone better than Bolton" and "you're actually likely to find someone better than Bolton" who's more correct? I can post the same list of 29 successful top 5 draft picks if that helps.
I don't care, for the 3rd time all I said was you'd be happy with a player of Boltons ability in the top 5. The numbers you posted back that up.

Aha.
One supporter group talking about the value of an random opposition player who’s contracted for the next 4 years.
No frothing whatsoever.
A bombers supporter pinged the thread and the discussion on top 5 picks flowed from there.

A lot of you guys are very quick to interpret things that aren't there at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are Freo fans frothing again?
Our club has put any trade rumours to bed.
Maybe so, but I think we can agree Bolton won't be around for your next flag tilt, Tasmania coming in will set you back aswell, as far as access to quality talent. If you get 3 firsts thrown at you for bolton and Baker, and get 2 (somehow) from gold coast for Rioli, you could potentially go into next year with Jagga Smith, Sam Lalor, Joe Berry, Jack and Matt Whitlock and Christian Moraes. I think that would be alot better for your list long term.

A bombers supporter pinged the thread and the discussion on top 5 picks flowed from there.

A lot of you guys are very quick to interpret things that aren't there at all.
Nah, just looking at the last 30 mins on this thread there’s been 5 responses by Freo supporters. There’s definitely a healthy level of froth.

Edit: 6 responses now.

Maybe so, but I think we can agree Bolton won't be around for your next flag tilt, Tasmania coming in will set you back aswell, as far as access to quality talent. If you get 3 firsts thrown at you for bolton and Baker, and get 2 (somehow) from gold coast for Rioli, you could potentially go into next year with Jagga Smith, Sam Lalor, Joe Berry, Jack and Matt Whitlock and Christian Moraes. I think that would be alot better for your list long term.
We built a triple premiership team when GWS and GC were coming in...the majority of our team were late selections and rookie picks.
If high draft picks guaranteed flags GC and GWS would of won numerous by now.

We built a triple premiership team when GWS and GC were coming in...the majority of our team were late selections and rookie picks.
If high draft picks guaranteed flags GC and GWS would of won numerous by now.
I never said they guarantee you anything, but they give you a better chance at future success then those players mentioned. You would be incredibly stupid not to take 2 first round picks for Rioli if offered. I don't care either way to be honest, I'd be happy for fremantle to just keep stacking young talent, I just think it would be in your clubs best interests to move on from said players, just my opinion mate.

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Your up to 30 years bud...I wouldn't get too ahead of yourself.
29 years, look at our team profile & who are our best players. Even our rookie picks are coming good. I recon we can get in done in the next 8 years.

Besides the Geelong / Sydney model, rebuilds have been extremely slow lately. Freo’s is looking quite good from a conventional one without free academy talent based on great drafting & development. The other big factor has been good senior players leaving which has compressed the age of our core. Recon it might work for Richmond too if they pull the trigger on a few senior players leaving if you keep enough leaders.

Aha.
One supporter group talking about the value of an random opposition player who’s contracted for the next 4 years.
No frothing whatsoever.
TBF, there's still heaps of talk about Barrass being traded to the Bulldogs, even though he's contracted for another 2 years.

Maybe Freo think Bolton is gettable for the right price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back