Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

I would think that the amount of media work being done from the Bolton side (as distinct from the Richmond or Fremantle sides) is showing the hand a bit.

Richmond and Freo are passengers in this. Bolton wants to come back to WA, Ryan Daniels has reported that he has approached the clubs.

Fremantle is heavily down the path with Chad Warner and that's where their focus will be.

The very interesting thing will be which of Richmond or Sydney want the top ten picks first, since both will probably walk away if the other gets them and neither will see anything close to two top ten picks end of 2025 for those same players.

So I'd expect Sydney to knock Richmond out of the door to get past them to Freo to make the trade first.
If Bolton nominates a club publicly that means said club is balls deep into getting the deal done.
Interesting no club has been named yet.
Reckon it will come out next week if Freo and West Coast aren’t playing finals.

Jfc it's a dumpster fire in here
first time GIF

I would think that the amount of media work being done from the Bolton side (as distinct from the Richmond or Fremantle sides) is showing the hand a bit.

Richmond and Freo are passengers in this. Bolton wants to come back to WA, Ryan Daniels has reported that he has approached the clubs.

Fremantle is heavily down the path with Chad Warner and that's where their focus will be.

The very interesting thing will be which of Richmond or Sydney want the top ten picks first, since both will probably walk away if the other gets them and neither will see anything close to two top ten picks end of 2025 for those same players.

So I'd expect Sydney to knock Richmond out of the door to get past them to Freo to make the trade first.
Do you really believe Warner is a chance to leave this year? :think:

Do you really believe Warner is a chance to leave this year? :think:

Have a bit of reasonably close insider sauce saying that he is keen to come back and play at Freo. My own thoughts are that Sydney won’t let him go this year as he still has a year to go on his contract.
Who knows then what happens at the end of next year, anything could change.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Have a bit of reasonably close insider sauce saying that he is keen to come back and play at Freo. My own thoughts are that Sydney won’t let him go this year as he still has a year to go on his contract.
Who knows then what happens at the end of next year, anything could change.

Then it'll be too late. Freo can't afford to miss out on Bolton just in case Warner becomes available after next season. That could be the difference in a premiership in 2025 or not.

Buddy heh….

You are using negotiating tactics based on the clubs being transactional rather than a mutual partner they need to sustain a healthy long term relationship with.

This ain’t like going in and buying a car as a one off.

Huh?

It is transactional champ. That’s literally what happens. Offers are made, they’re countered. Obviously deals get done where both walk away satisfied, otherwise the deal wouldn’t have been done (Weller for 2 the exception)

You think Richmond are just going to say ‘Hey there guys. We want pick 9 and 10’ and Freo say ‘sounds good to us’ or Freo go ‘We’ll offer 10 and 17’ and Richmond say ‘Couldn’t have said it better myself’

They literally negotiate.

Is this your first time??

There’s easily a world where we say if you want 9 and 10 we want 21 back but if not we’ll split 10 because we have a solid offer to do so. Does that actually happen? Who bloody knows, but you’re delusional if you haven’t seen that happen before or if you think there’s only one Richmond ask and that’s it.

What are some of you Richmond fans smoking? You're already getting a very good deal if you get 9 and 17, that would be one of the most valuable trades in AFL history, that's more than we let Lachie Neale go for, and as much as I love Bolton, he's nowhere near Neale's level.

9 and 17 gets it done, you're being greedy if you say otherwise.
I would say Bolton is a better player than Neale at the time he was traded. he had more impact than the Freo Neale.
At the Lions no doubt Neale has become the better player. but they are completely different type of players.

Huh?

It is transactional champ. That’s literally what happens. Offers are made, they’re countered. Obviously deals get done where both walk away satisfied, otherwise the deal wouldn’t have been done (Weller for 2 the exception)

You think Richmond are just going to say ‘Hey there guys. We want pick 9 and 10’ and Freo say ‘sounds good to us’ or Freo go ‘We’ll offer 10 and 17’ and Richmond say ‘Couldn’t have said it better myself’

They literally negotiate.

Is this your first time??

There’s easily a world where we say if you want 9 and 10 we want 21 back but if not we’ll split 10 because we have a solid offer to do so. Does that actually happen? Who bloody knows, but you’re delusional if you haven’t seen that happen before or if you think there’s only one Richmond ask and that’s it.
Champ eh?

Negotiating trades of players is not like buying a used car. We aren’t bartering or hard bargaining at all costs.
There are more concession trading and win-win mentalities applied to these discussions than you would like to believe.

Judging by your gung-ho take it or leave it mentality, you obviously aren’t overly informed on how to negotiate in certain situations, particularly ones that require relationships between parties to be civil, trusting and ongoing.

Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss is a great book to read to understand the theory behind negotiation and how it plays out in real life situations.

Great as a starting point for people like yourself who may not have that real life experience. Most if not all of those negotiating for clubs and players would have read it, and I’d say almost all of them would have attended some form of negotiation gap training as part of their development.

Champ eh?

Negotiating trades of players is not like buying a used car. We aren’t bartering or hard bargaining at all costs.
There are more concession trading and win-win mentalities applied to these discussions than you would like to believe.

Judging by your gung-ho take it or leave it mentality, you obviously aren’t overly informed on how to negotiate in certain situations, particularly ones that require relationships between parties to be civil, trusting and ongoing.

Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss is a great book to read to understand the theory behind negotiation and how it plays out in real life situations.

Great as a starting point for people like yourself who may not have that real life experience. Most if not all of those negotiating for clubs and players would have read it, and I’d say almost all of them would have attended some form of negotiation gap training as part of their development.

Have you never seen a club trade a pick that was apparently in play for a trade??

Forget your books and words of wisdom.

They NEGOTIATE. Of course it’s done with a level of goodwill but please tell me you’ve never seen a club trade a pick that was apparently to be used in a trade and I may go to the lengths to find numerous or just leave it and realise I’m dealing with a complete novice.

Please tell me you’ve never seen ‘stalemates’.

It’s not a take it or leave it offer. It’s a take it or we’ll adjust and that may mean splitting a pick. I’m still confused as to why or how you haven’t seen this occur.

Stop using the car analogy. It’s no where near what I’m suggesting.

Making lots of assumptions too and getting personal.

I’m going to go looking for a car…

Have you never seen a club trade a pick that was apparently in play for a trade??

Forget your books and words of wisdom.

They NEGOTIATE. Of course it’s done with a level of goodwill but please tell me you’ve never seen a club trade a pick that was apparently to be used in a trade and I may go to the lengths to find numerous or just leave it and realise I’m dealing with a complete novice.

Please tell me you’ve never seen ‘stalemates’.

It’s not a take it or leave it offer. It’s a take it or we’ll adjust and that may mean splitting a pick. I’m still confused as to why or how you haven’t seen this occur.

Stop using the car analogy. It’s no where near what I’m suggesting.

Making lots of assumptions too and getting personal.

I’m going to go looking for a car…
Good luck with the car.
Remember if they ask you are you willing to buy today, you must say yes. Otherwise they know you are a tyre kicker and won’t take you seriously.

And don’t offer them something and if they decline call them back with an even worse offer and expect them to take it. That doesn’t work, even though you think it’s an awesome tactic.

Good luck with the car.
Remember if they ask you are you willing to buy today, you must say yes. Otherwise they know you are a tyre kicker and won’t take you seriously.

And don’t offer them something and if they decline call them back with an even worse offer and expect them to take it. That doesn’t work, even though you think it’s an awesome tactic.

Again assuming.

Who said Freo wouldn’t come back with an improved offer? It just may not be what Richmond first asked for. Think you really need to read the initial post again.

IF Richmond ask for 2 first and specifically 9 and 10 we of course will negotiate. Still with me?

IF it doesn’t look like Richmond are willing to shift we may split pick 10 anyway. Get a hypothetical 18 and future first. Hanging in?

THEN we will have created an extra first. You dig?

NOW we could offer 9, ~17 and something else.

US making pick 10 work for us and creating greater value MAY allow for an improved offer to Richmond.

It may not, but that’s why they’d of had the chance.

It’s not gung-ho. There no need to read a book or make it look like we’re not mutually stroking each others knobs. But there will be negotiations.

Whilst sharing books to read ‘Confederacy of Dunces ’ - John Kennedy Toole

It’s about an idiot who thinks he’s smarter than others, but is in fact an idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving has no relevance to Shai Bolton. I just think it's neat.

Neale broke the record for possessions in a year.
Neale was grossly underrated. That last year he had with us was phenomenal.

Was just in a shit team and off broadway

I feel like Richmond will be reasonable, Sydney will be impossible.

Richmond don’t have an academy and value picks appropriately. Sydney don’t see value in picks because they often get freebies because of the academy.

Sydney are so mean, not letting you have one of their best players just because.

Neale was grossly underrated. That last year he had with us was phenomenal.

Was just in a shit team and off broadway
I'll not forget the dross being peddled on how Freo were being ridiculous in those trade negotiations. Asking for "way too much" and all this crap. Yes, such fun we were all proved right...

How are Richmond’s young ruck stocks? If we throw in Liam Reidy would that up the ante a little ?
Great young prospect stick behind Darcy and Jackson.
Lloyd Meek 2.0

How are Richmond’s young ruck stocks? If we throw in Liam Reidy would that up the ante a little ?
Great young prospect stick behind Darcy and Jackson.
Lloyd Meek 2.0

How about we keep Reidy and a nice straight swap of Darcy for Bolt-ons

Added bonus for Tiges is Darcy won’t get smashed by Nank every time they come up against each other …. well except at training

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

How about we keep Reidy and a nice straight swap of Darcy for Bolt-ons

Added bonus for Tiges is Darcy won’t get smashed by Nank every time they come up against each other …. well except at training

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah not helping you guys out of that one 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back