Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

How about if we're paying a big chunk of Boltons salary? This year and last we've lost Cotch, Dusty, Jack, Grimes. Probably going to lose Shai and Rioli as well. We're really going to struggle to get to 95% for a few years.
Would do that for sure. $$ is going to be very tight for Freo I'd imagine, Sam Sturt looking like the first casualty this off-season. Wonder if the Tigers have any interest in him.

What is Bolton worth in the trade table bearing in mind he is cintracted for 3 more years in your opiniinion.

That doesn’t answer any of my questions. So I guess you really didn’t realise it was a joke?

To answer your question, i don’t mind what he goes for if it means Carlton gets those picks without giving anything in return.

Sure. He’s worth multiple Liam Henry’s, how many exactly depends on the value of the picks going to Carlton.
Counter: players who average at least 13.8 disposals, 0.55 goals, 2.65 tackles, 0.65 goal assists, 1.55 clearances, 0.25 contested marks, 0.16 bounces and 0.4 rebound 50s:

Liam Henry
Marcus Bontempelli
Jason Horne-Francis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’ll be interesting to see where Bolton finishes in your B&F, I suspect he won’t win it.
Yze has really stifled him this year playing him too much forward in a year he hasn't had a KPF to feed off and a year our midfield supply has been awful.

He's very, very good as a midfielder that drifts forward but this year the balance has been wrong. Again in a better side, he's probably AA in a small forward role as he has been previously.

It’ll be interesting to see where Bolton finishes in your B&F, I suspect he won’t win it.

He won't win it but as posted by others that's because he's been forced to play roles he isn't suited to. I think likely Rioli or Vlastuin probably wins our B&F for the record but Bolton will probably be in the 4-8 mix and hopefully recognised for the role he's had to play by the coaching staff.

Sadly with Lynch going down and the rest of our forward line being VFL fodder he's been designated as one of the only blokes that can compete aerially and potentially bring the ball to ground so has played deeper forward with stints at half forward and substantially less time in the midfield than he deserves.

He's perhaps our best clearance mid when firing and his mix of inside/outside work and end product is fantastic. I think Freo would really get the best out of him to be honest given where they're at and think he's probably worth giving up the picks for (whatever mix of firsts the horse trading settles on).

I'm going to assume "Bolton is literally the only thing holding Freo back from a flag so they're gonna pay monster overs for him!" is some sort of meme on the Richmond board.

to be fair clubs that see a player as the 'missing piece' have done that in the past. collingwood with the second beams trade comes to mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back