Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

I've thought about it plenty.

I don't believe for a second that we'd just abandon Chad after putting that much work in because something shiny came up. I thought that before all the recent media talk about the level of power agents have. No chance they risk an agent relationship by backing out on something like that.

So either Chad to us isn't happening regardless of what happens with Bolton, or its still on (as in we are capable of facilitating it).

And I do agree that if it has gotten this far, we've agreed in principle to try and get Bolton.
If Freo don’t get Bolton, the Chad and his management will have second thoughts on whether they think Freo can get deals done.

It won’t come to that though.
Freo have the collateral. Bolton wants Freo and Freo wants Bolton. They will pony up the picks.

If Freo don’t get Bolton, the Chad and his management will have second thoughts on whether they think Freo can get deals done.

Freo have the collateral. Bolton wants Freo and Freo wants Bolton. They will pony up the picks.
I'm not Walls, you don't have to come on so strong.

Seriously when has Freo ever been stingy at the trade table? We always overpay for players. No point making up imaginary situations pretending that we're all David Walls. You'll be happy with the return, we won't be. It's pretty simple.

Seriously when has Freo ever been stingy at the trade table? We always overpay for players. No point making up imaginary situations pretending that we're all David Walls. You'll be happy with the return, we won't be. It's pretty simple.
I disagree. You will pay more than what you want your club to pay in relation to draft picks. But the player you get will significantly improve the future output of your team. Personally I think if you held your current crop and added Baker and Bolton with a good run with injuries and a solid game plan, you’d be a shot at the flag over the next couple of years.

I disagree. You will pay more than what you want your club to pay in relation to draft picks. But the player you get will significantly improve the future output of your team. Personally I think if you held your current crop and added Baker and Bolton with a good run with injuries and a solid game plan, you’d be a shot at the flag over the next couple of years.
Baker will nominate WC tomorrow.

We'd be a good shot at the flag this year if we had a good run with injuries in the last month.

Hahahaha came on here to see the Freo fans try to contort TPP to squeeze in $2.5m per year extra for Warner and Bolton and wasn’t disappointed.

Only way this makes any sense is for Richmond to take on >50% of Boltons wage and at that point you are looking at all 3 firsts….

If Freo get both Bolton and Baker, the Warner deal is dead, with rest of the TPP profile, that’s just not a reality.

If they only get one or use all their picks to make Richmond take $$$ it’s still up in the air.

I have a feeling Warner was the long term play and Bolton move has suprised them a bit with his availability after long contracts to key other plays.

Also if you do squeeze warner in next year it will be at cost of Brayshaw….. so everything has downside.

I've done some back of the envelope calculations which I posted on our board and think we can get Warner and Bolton, but like you say it needs a large contribution from Richmond. And we can't get Baker, and/or there may be some collateral damage with losing current best 22 players. But it won't be Brayshaw.

I was thinking we'd give up 9+10 and Richmond pay 400k. But I don't think we have to go crazy with 3 x firsts and get Richmond paying 600k+.

We would have had the room for Warner and Baker before the Bolton news dropped. So if we put Baker in the bin, then we might only need to find a few hundred K for Bolton. There are rumours Switta and Sturt are on the move, so that would be something a bit unexpected (and/or forced) and we can replace them with rookies/cheaper options to push the Baker money up to get Bolton.

Baker will nominate WC tomorrow.
Thanks for the info.
That’s a shame for Freo.
He’d add real grunt to that group, something I thought was lacking on Sunday.

He will add leadership to that young west coast group and make them a better side, but won’t use his talents to win a club a flag for the rest of his career at West Coast.

Why do you only plan to contend for a year? It's not 2025 or nothing.
I don’t think I’m alone amongst Dockers supporters in feeling traumatised about our player retention.
I reckon if we don’t get it done in the next 2 years they will start leaving. And as we have seen it only takes 1 player ( Schultz for example) to turn the game plan and cohesion on its head
Bright lights of Melbourne town are far too tantalising compared to our little hovel .

We are nearly broken mate . I tell ya , I don’t know how the Saints supporters have done it for so long , I honestly take my hat off to them .

2025/26 are the Last roll of the dice for a good while IMO

HOPE I AM WRONG AND WE DOMINATE FOR A DECADE BUT THATS SO FAR FROM REAL FOR US 😁

I don’t think I’m alone amongst Dockers supporters in feeling traumatised about our player retention.
I reckon if we don’t get it done in the next 2 years they will start leaving. And as we have seen it only takes 1 player ( Schultz for example) to turn the game plan and cohesion on its head
Bright lights of Melbourne town are far too tantalising compared to our little hovel .

We are nearly broken mate . I tell ya , I don’t know how the Saints supporters have done it for so long , I honestly take my hat off to them .

HOPE I AM WRONG AND WE DOMINATE FOR A DECADE BUT THATS SO FAR FROM REAL FOR US 😁

I know the past has probably burnt you, but the core of your list is 22-26, Bolton adds to that as is Warner. A few more years to develop Amiss and Treacy and you guys will be looking strong for much longer than 2 years. The only question mark on your list ironically is probably your defence which is currently your strength mainly due to the age of Ryan and Pearce, but you have others in Draper who looks good, along with Cox and Chapman that could take over those roles.

Personally I reckon your list build looks really good, and very attractive for other players to join you.

I've done some back of the envelope calculations which I posted on our board and think we can get Warner and Bolton, but like you say it needs a large contribution from Richmond. And we can't get Baker, and/or there may be some collateral damage with losing current best 22 players. But it won't be Brayshaw.

I was thinking we'd give up 9+10 and Richmond pay 400k. But I don't think we have to go crazy with 3 x firsts and get Richmond paying 600k+.

We would have had the room for Warner and Baker before the Bolton news dropped. So if we put Baker in the bin, then we might only need to find a few hundred K for Bolton. There are rumours Switta and Sturt are on the move, so that would be something a bit unexpected (and/or forced) and we can replace them with rookies/cheaper options to push the Baker money up to get Bolton.
Have there been any club names attached to Sturt leaving? I like him (and he probably suits your list so is probably a surprise to see but I guess he's still unsigned), not sure if he suits Richmond as we have a number of players who could play as 3rd tall, but Sturt is well proven.

Why has he only played 31 games? Has he had a lot of injuries? I don't know much of his past, but his goal kicking is very good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a freo supporter for 3hrs, felt like a decade.
How do you think we feel?
Animated GIF

In reckon it is 25 or nothing for JLo
You reckon he'll get the arse if you lose a prelim?

You guys are in a great position to contend for the next few years. You just need a couple more pieces. First and foremost a brilliant forward who is also a top-10 centre clearance mid, capable of kicking 50 goals a season while averaging 3-4 clearances a game, taking mark of the year and kicking goal of the year, making something out of nothing on the reg, and performing in the biggest games. You would be mad not to trade all your draft picks if you can find a genius of that ilk.

;)

I'd love to see you win one, as long as it wasn't at our expense.

Why has he only played 31 games? Has he had a lot of injuries? I don't know much of his past, but his goal kicking is very good
  • 2 x concussions first season. In all fairness, was fit enough to play 12 WAFL games + 2 WAFL pre-season.
  • Steph Curry ankles 2020 (3 AFL games)
  • Knee problems 2021 (played 1 AFL game, 3 WAFL games)
  • Fully fit 2022 (played 17 WAFL games + 3 WAFL pre-season) but depending on who you ask, either he wasn't good enough coz his competition had a major headstart on him or a major injustice was visited on him.
  • Pretty much fully fit 2023 (5 WAFL games, 14 AFL games, 1 WAFL pre-season). Similar to 2022 early on + he was first played as a "key fwd" when Tabs got injured and it...didn't look good. Ended year strong, often with others being the bigger bodies in there.
  • Knee issues resurfaced 2024 pre-season, began the season looking like he was playing catch-up and not moving well. Rd 6 WAFL vs West Perth felt like the turning point game in that respect. From when he got his spot onwards, was quality pretty much throughout. 13 AFL games, 3 WAFL league, 2 WAFL pre-season.

How do you think we feel?
Animated GIF
I feel for you I really do. You need to be brave, make some big trades to improve your team now not hit the draft and wait another 4-5 years. Bolton would be amazing for your team, he’s a player that would thrive being back in the west surrounded by family and friends. 1 first rd pick won’t get it done though I can assure you.

I feel for you I really do. You need to be brave, make some big trades to improve your team now not hit the draft and wait another 4-5 years. Bolton would be amazing for your team, he’s a player that would thrive being back in the west surrounded by family and friends. 1 first rd pick won’t get it done though I can assure you.
The Bolton trade will get done fairly, I'm certain of it. More concerned about other players wanting out. We have bled too much experience over the years.

The Bolton trade will get done fairly, I'm certain of it. More concerned about other players wanting out. We have bled too much experience over the years.
Yeh it’s like 1 step forward 2 steps back

Like doing the Cha- Cha for 30 flippin years

So assuming Brisbane keen to trade pick 14 for points if Freo and Richmond trade all if their picks in 20s and 40s to Brisbane that could bring pick 14 into play.

So Richmond can get 3 1sts
Freo get to keep a 1st
Freo get Bolton with Richmond paying significant salary
Freo sign Brayshaw long term

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back