Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

For what it’s worth, here was my suggestions on our board.

Gold Coast have 6,13 and 20
Freo 9,10 and 17
Richmond Bolton and Rioli

Here I go:

GC give 6, 20 get Rioli and 17 left with 13,17 values Rioli at ~8

Freo give 9,10,17 get Bolton, 20 and Richmond’s future 2nd values Bolton at ~4

Richmond give Bolton, Rioli future 2nd get 6,9,10

Sprinkle all sorts of later round picks or later round future picks around.

We still have a pick in the first round albeit the last one.

The alternative is sub out 10 for our future first, which would clearly be preferred but I think Tigers will go hard at 9 and 10.

Maybe swap 17 with our future first.

Thoughts?

For us - it means giving up 9 and 10. A 3 pick downgrade late in the first round. Getting Bolton and Richmond’s future 2nd.

I’m aware giving up 6 would seem crazy for GC. This was based around Richmond WANTING 6,9 and 10
Gold Coast get Rioli for 6 and 13
Fremantle get Bolton for 9 and 10
Richmond have 1,6,9,10,21 before we look at what we are getting for baker and graham.

Richmond are going to be super shit next year - this however is their greatest asset in this negotiation.

Tiges fans don't care - so there is zero pressure on the club. They will be eying off this draft pool and wanting to get as much as possible but if we're pains in the arse and don't pay overs ....can see the Tiges just saying oh well - trade out Baker and Rioli (GC will just pay).

We really need the class of a Bolton, Richmond knows this. I fear a reverse Lachie Weller - with the Tiges just playing chicken and not caring.
Knives will be out if we **** the draft though

Food Network Cooking GIF by Pei Wei

Knives will be out if we **** the draft though

Food Network Cooking GIF by Pei Wei

This is a good draft to have multiple picks in ....so many Vic kids.

I could honestly see if you end up with 3 picks in the top 10 ...walking away with 3 players you rate as top 5.

Good kids make bad football easier to watch.

Fremantle got pick 10 and pick 34 for a 25 year old Lachie Schultz with 12 months left on his contract.

Picks 9 & 10 for a 25 year old Shai Bolton whose got 4 years left on a contract will be appropriate.

Fremantle got pick 10 and pick 34 for a 25 year old Lachie Schultz with 12 months left on his contract.

Picks 9 & 10 for a 25 year old Shai Bolton whose got 4 years left on a contract will be appropriate.

At the time of negotiations it was expected to be somewhere around pick 16-18 plus pick 34 for Shultz.
Is really just good fortune that the Pies bombed this year.
Would be happy to give our 17 and 26 for Bolton on this basis, higher than what was negotiated for Shultz and rightly so, Bolton is a better player !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

At the time of negotiations it was expected to be somewhere around pick 16-18 plus pick 34 for Shultz.
Is really just good fortune that the Pies bombed this year.
Would be happy to give our 17 and 26 for Bolton on this basis, higher than what was negotiated for Shultz and rightly so, Bolton is a better player !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You were going to lose Schultz in 12 months for nothing. He wanted to return to Melbourne for family reasons. You got a first and second round pick for him!

Yet picks 9&10 is a bit much for Fremantle all of the sudden when it’s on the other foot for an all Australian match winning 25 year old about to hit his absolute prime that’s in contract for another 4 years!! 😓

Give me a spell Freo supporters! You should be creaming your pants with what you’re about to get with Shai. He probably fits the biggest need in your team and you are in the premiership window! Not too many chances come along to teams that have an exciting list to add a genuine match winner.

With four years left on his contract he can be made to see it out very comfortably by Richmond. We don’t really have anything to lose. Fremantle need to come up with the offer that will make Richmond give him up.

Because they need points this year!!!!!!!!
They currently have 1466 points which won’t be enough this year for Ashcroft. So they’ll need more picks this year.
If We bid on Ashcroft they’ll need over 2500 points.

View attachment 2094773

We'll end up trading 14 for a haul of picks like we did last time we had an Ashcroft. In 2022 we traded pick 15 and Tom Berry for picks 21, 36, 38, 55, 56 + Geelong's FR2 and FR4. We could've kept trading down 21 for more points, but it went to Bulldogs for Dunkley.

You were going to lose Schultz in 12 months for nothing. He wanted to return to Melbourne for family reasons. You got a first and second round pick for him!

Yet picks 9&10 is a bit much for Fremantle all of the sudden when it’s on the other foot for an all Australian match winning 25 year old about to hit his absolute prime that’s in contract for another 4 years!! 😓

Give me a spell Freo supporters! You should be creaming your pants with what you’re about to get with Shai. He probably fits the biggest need in your team and you are in the premiership window! Not too many chances come along to teams that have an exciting list to add a genuine match winner.

With four years left on his contract he can be made to see it out very comfortably by Richmond. We don’t really have anything to lose. Fremantle need to come up with the offer that will make Richmond give him up.
It’s not as simplistic as you are making out to do.

Richmond is rebuilding and Bolton can’t help you in that rebuild.

Shai is a class act but he needs others to feed him.

4 year contract does gives the Tigers hand in negotiations.

He has a young family that needs support back home and keeping to his contract will make him disgruntled. Having a player not wanting to be around the club hurts team culture.

West Coast is rebuilding and won’t want to trade for him. So no bidding war.

Picks 9,17 for Bolton is about right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd think more "cream on top", plus West Coast need to continue to rebuild their list and can't afford to chase the like of him.
Doubt he’d want to go to a club who can’t even find someone who wants to coach them.

It’s not as simplistic as you are making out to do.

Richmond is rebuilding and Bolton can’t help you in that rebuild.

Shai is a class act but he needs others to feed him.

4 year contract does gives the Tigers hand in negotiations.

He has a young family that needs support back home and keeping to his contract will make him disgruntled. Having a player not wanting to be around the club hurts team culture.

West Coast is rebuilding and won’t want to trade for him. So no bidding war.

Picks 9,17 for Bolton is about right.
Yeah I stopped reading after your second point.

Ok so you want a future first and 10?

Turning Lachie Schultz and Pick 9 (11) into Shai Bolton and pick 34 is incredible.

Congrats Freo 👍🏻 well played.

Suspect it’ll be 9 & 10, maybe a bit of wrangle over tigers paying a bit of contract for at least 2 years. Tigers are going to $2-3m below 95% of salary cap soon with departures so money to burn for next 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back