Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly and I've said this stuff before. Its the higher picks we are after. Sure, maybe we get what appears a better deal with 9 and 16, but we have later picks we will give back if its 9 and 10 (along with salary) which I'm not sure we'd do for 9 and 16.

So I guess it comes down to how much Freo value that Pick 10, over something like 16 and a bity of salary cap plus a 3rd or something like that.

More chance of a highly rated slider being available at 10. That trumps a bit of salary cap and a crappy 3rd round pick.

I can tell you, as it sits right now, neither Bolton or Baker are going to Freo. If they go anywhere its looking very much like The Eagles.
Cal Twomey this week: West Coast don't want to give up their current first or their future first for Bolton.

I agree, very much looking like the Eagles are gonna snag him with imaginary picks.

West coast will not be giving up the type of capital that richmond expect for a player like Bolton, would be terrible list management at this stage of the rebuild.
Honestly, the people pretending it might be WC are worse than than the Jackson ones. At least Jackson was uncontracted and like 20 years old.

Bolton clearly doesnt like playing in rebuilding teams, he's not leaving Richmond to join WC and the same reason Richmond will let him go is the exact same reason WC arent forking out for him.

We'll get being angsty in here for no reason when the trade is done 1st week with minimal fuss in a win for all three parties

WOW You sound really confident

Tell me what you think the deal will be, and I will tell you if we will accept it

I have no idea. They’re always more complicated than what us usual punters believe is necessary. But, to play your game of hypotheticals, I’ll have a crack.

Assuming nothing else is done prior, which is highly unlikely, here’s my offer.

Bolton, 41 and F3
9,16 and F3

I have no doubt we’ll give up 2 firsts. We’ll try incredibly hard to keep 10.

IF there’s absolutely no chance of other players (which I’m also doubtful of) we will go to 9&10 but it would likely involve 29 back and future exchanges or upgrades in our favour.

I can tell you 100% that neither Bolton nor WC have any interest in each other and he will not be there
At the moment there is interest. However, nothing is 100% certain at this stage. Bolton will go to either Perth team if a suitable deal can be done. Tigers are chasing pick 3 and the Eagles hold that pick. The Tigers wish list is pick 1, 3 and 6.

WOW You sound really confident

Tell me what you think the deal will be, and I will tell you if we will accept it

I’m also confident that should Tigers demand a higher pick then we will be able to facilitate some exchanges but if that was the case then I’d imagine 3 or 4 clubs to be involved.

I can see Tigers getting 2 from North who move to 6 and 10. In some round about way they release Bolton and Rioli and receive 2 and 9 and whatever change between the 3 clubs.

What I’m saying is we have the collateral. It will 100% be done. It’s not like Bolton has selected Pies and they need to get inventive.

I’m also confident that should Tigers demand a higher pick then we will be able to facilitate some exchanges but if that was the case then I’d imagine 3 or 4 clubs to be involved.

I can see Tigers getting 2 from North who move to 6 and 10. In some round about way they release Bolton and Rioli and receive 2 and 9 and whatever change between the 3 clubs.

What I’m saying is we have the collateral. It will 100% be done. It’s not like Bolton has selected Pies and they need to get inventive.

The Bolton, Baker and Rioli trades will all happen.

Rioli will include 6 - we can all argue about what other picks are involved into the day it gets done
Bolton will include 2 of 9, 10 and 16 - same argument about what those picks are and what other picks are traded

Baker is probably the toughest one to place right now, but both Freo and West Coast have the picks to get it done.

I have no doubt that all 3 get done

At the moment there is interest. However, nothing is 100% certain at this stage. Bolton will go to either Perth team if a suitable deal can be done. Tigers are chasing pick 3 and the Eagles hold that pick. The Tigers wish list is pick 1, 3 and 6.
Great for the Tigers but they aren't the only party involved. He'll be at Freo. Freo fans will say we paid something stupid, Richmond posters will curse the club for being weak on a contracted player. In reality, everyone will win including WC who haven't screwed their list with a dumb list decision.

Cal Twomey this week: West Coast don't want to give up their current first or their future first for Bolton.

I agree, very much looking like the Eagles are gonna snag him with imaginary picks.

Or the 2 first rounders they get from Hawks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West coast will not be giving up the type of capital that richmond expect for a player like Bolton, would be terrible list management at this stage of the rebuild.
100% Boltons not the answer for West Coast.
But they will be painfully aware they need some talent around Harley so the next 1-2 years isn’t so excruciating for him that his decision to go home is centred around this.

The worst possible outcome for them would be that they go full rebuild with little senior leadership then Harley decides to pull the plug.

How the coach and list manager work through this over the next two off seasons will be fascinating.

I have no idea. They’re always more complicated than what us usual punters believe is necessary. But, to play your game of hypotheticals, I’ll have a crack.

Assuming nothing else is done prior, which is highly unlikely, here’s my offer.

Bolton, 41 and F3
9,16 and F3

I have no doubt we’ll give up 2 firsts. We’ll try incredibly hard to keep 10.

IF there’s absolutely no chance of other players (which I’m also doubtful of) we will go to 9&10 but it would likely involve 29 back and future exchanges or upgrades in our favour.
The deal you propose won’t do it .

So I guess he stays a tiger

Win/ win

It’s sad Freo supporters are so hung up on what their club will pay for Bolton the actual joy of getting a player who will make a significant difference to their push towards a first premiership has been totally forgotten.
Its sad Richmond fans are so hung up on what they will get for Bolton.

They should enjoy the premierships and let him move on.

Its sad Richmond fans are so hung up on what they will get for Bolton.

They should enjoy the premierships and let him move on.
One club needs picks for a full rebuild.
The other needs quality players to contend in the short term.

Richmond supporters will value the picks and the hope that the draft gives them. Freo supporters should value the player and the hope that they will help get them a flag.

Unfortunately it seems that most Freo supporters in this thread are stuck with the Richmond mindset above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back