Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

What about 9&10?

How can you not see a deal when we effectively have 4 firsts.

Anyway, you’re just wasting my time.

Well now you have changed it but it still
Is not enough

I do however agree this is a waste of time , I think you will be shocked in the end if you do get him what it will cost

In any case I repeat hope he stays a tiger

One club needs picks for a full rebuild.
The other needs quality players to contend in the short term.

Richmond supporters will value the picks and the hope that the draft gives them. Freo supporters should value the player and the hope that they will help get them a flag.

Unfortunately it seems that most Freo supporters in this thread are stuck with the Richmond mindset above.
So both sides want the deal at a fair price. Agreed.

Win/win trade

Is not enough

I do however agree this is a waste of time , I think you will be shocked in the end if you do get him what it will cost

You are off with the fairies. Bolton has already said his goodbyes and Freo and Richmond are within a signature of agreement. You getting worked up at trade suggestions won't change reality.

You will be very disappointed

One club needs picks for a full rebuild.
The other needs quality players to contend in the short term.

Richmond supporters will value the picks and the hope that the draft gives them. Freo supporters should value the player and the hope that they will help get them a flag.

Unfortunately it seems that most Freo supporters in this thread are stuck with the Richmond mindset above.
Freo supporters: we like Shai Bolton and want to have him, but there's a reasonable limit on the amount of picks we should pay.
Rich01: ThAt MeAnS FrEo FaNs ArE iN ReBuiLd MoDe

You may well disagree with the definition of "reasonable limit" that some Freo fans have. But the idea that Freo have an obligation to pay any price for a player is almost as stupid as the idea that contending teams have no use for draft picks except as currency to exchange for players.

Both teams in this year's grand final have players drafted as recently as 2021. Brisbane have Logan Morris who was drafted last year, even ignoring the father-son blessing they got in 2022. Contending teams contend because they use every means available to improve their team. That includes the draft.

Freo supporters: we like Shai Bolton and want to have him, but there's a reasonable limit on the amount of picks we should pay.
Rich01: ThAt MeAnS FrEo FaNs ArE iN ReBuiLd MoDe
No.

What I meant was there has been no discussion by Freo fans as to how good he will be in your side.
Only the value you WANT to pay for him to feel like you’ve won a trade.

Theres a difference Casey. You’re either playing dumb or not playing. But I’m guessing and hoping it’s the former.

No.

What I meant was there has been no discussion by Freo fans as to how good he will be in your side.

Theres a difference Casey. You’re either playing dumb or not playing. But I’m guessing and hoping it’s the former.
There absolutely has been. But to the extent that you feel that aspect has been minimised, I guess it's for similar reasons that we aren't discussing whether Shai Bolton has 2 arms and 2 legs. Usually people discuss things that there's disagreement on.

There absolutely has been. But to the extent that you feel that aspect has been minimised, I guess it's for similar reasons that we aren't discussing whether Shai Bolton has 2 arms and 2 legs. Usually people discuss things that there's disagreement on.
I think we need to at least open the discussion on Shai having 3 arms and 2 legs.

It would be more reasonable than some of the suggestions on here.

Are we forgetting that Richmond weren't interested until they saw the available picks?

They are as much buying picks with Bolton, as Freo are buying Bolton.
Where has Richmond made any statements saying they’re happy with the picks available?

Blair Hartley “We will listen to what the clubs have to offer and determine whether or not we believe it is a viable trade and in the best interests of the Richmond Football Club.”

I can give you a quote directly from Shais manager…
“However, Shai is not making any demands of Richmond and fully understands that he has four years remaining on his current contract.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No.

What utter rubbish. Freo fans all rate Bolton as an elite talent and the trade suggestions you are responding too rate him as an elive talent for a contracted player. You dont get trading.

I think we need to at least open the discussion on Shai having 3 arms and 2 legs.

It would be more reasonable than some of the suggestions on here.
As opposed to the Robbie Nahas thread discussing 2 arms and 3 legs

secret smell GIF

Is not enough

I changed it because you said you can’t see any deal satisfying Tigers. I was merely pointing out that we do have the assets.

You’re carrying on like we have no assets.

You will be shocked because he is 100% leaving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back