Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Rankin went for 6 to 8, out of contract. 9 alone is fair for Bolton, 16 is enough overs due to contact
Rankine went for 5, and at the time was half the player he is now.

Every club says that, they have to say it. Trades still get done
A trade will get done. Because Freo have made it clear they will get the trade done.

Exactly - Bravado and front to save face - "We reluctantly accepted pick 10 and 16 - for Shai's mental health".
If you can't fetch us a top-5 pick we will probably reluctantly accept 9 & 10, and before half time of R1 you'll understand you got a bargain.

Freo's not going to walk away because they want to keep pick 10 rather than pick 16 in the most even section of an even draft.

The obligation is on the suitor to get the deal done. Everyone seems to understand this except Western Australians. You seem to be obsessed with 'winning' the trade on marginal pick differences, when in actuality you will win by getting Bolton.

You seem to be obsessed with 'winning' the trade on marginal pick differences, when in actuality you will win by getting Bolton.
It’s sad Freo supporters are so hung up on what their club will pay for Bolton the actual joy of getting a player who will make a significant difference to their push towards a first premiership has been totally forgotten.

How confident are you in saying 50/50?

Willing to bet?

My account v yours? That’s a 50/50 proposition.

Want to bet cash? Message me. Name your price.

Put your reputation or real money on the line.
Settle down THE_GUN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Willing to bet?

I swear you were about to demand a duel to the death, glad you pulled up short just in time.

I swear you were about to demand a duel to the death, glad you pulled up short just in time.
cary elwes glove GIF

Willing to bet?

WOW You sound really confident

Tell me what you think the deal will be, and I will tell you if we will accept it

Are we forgetting that Richmond weren't interested until they saw the available picks?

They are as much buying picks with Bolton, as Freo are buying Bolton.
I would suggest we are simply trying to make the best of a bad situation, nothing more.

Are we forgetting that Richmond weren't interested until they saw the available picks?

They are as much buying picks with Bolton, as Freo are buying Bolton.

Exactly and I've said this stuff before. Its the higher picks we are after. Sure, maybe we get what appears a better deal with 9 and 16, but we have later picks we will give back if its 9 and 10 (along with salary) which I'm not sure we'd do for 9 and 16.

So I guess it comes down to how much Freo value that Pick 10, over something like 16 and a bity of salary cap plus a 3rd or something like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back