Hawker08

Team Captain
Jun 16, 2008
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
One team man!!! Hawks
Buddy drops to 3. Mike claims his poor goal kicking, and over head marking was the catalyst for this.

"Drop his bag of 13 last year down to 5 and his average is just 3 goals."

Not sure where the rest of the hawks fall as I won't pay the "Hun's Ransom"

The top 50 is just one guys opinion; getting all frothy at the mouth over it is a waste of energy.

Mike's not wrong about Buddy's kicking.

Yep, I've never understood the antipation and discussion with regards this top 50 dribble. It gives Sheehan too much credence, and he's just one man doing a worthless job.

I will say this about Buddy. He's rated by some as No.1 becuase of the excitement and flair he brings to the game. He's a welcome departure from your typical robotoid footballer. However, until he does something about his pathetic attempts to take overhead marks, then I can't seriously consider him the best player in the game. Sheehan's spot on with his choice of Ablett.

Think Buddy's No1 rating was just an attention grabber,
knowing full well the punters would jump in hook line and sinker to debate it.

Isn't that obvious?

The top 50 is just one guys opinion; getting all frothy at the mouth over it is a waste of energy.

Mike's not wrong about Buddy's kicking.

And Sheahan wants controversy: he wants people talking about it, so he gets lots of publicity.
With the aim that people buy the garbage newspaper he writes for.

Best to ignore it completely.

Buddy drops to 3. Mike claims his poor goal kicking, and over head marking was the catalyst for this.

A fair assessment imo.

Has anyone got a "Hun" subscription? Curious to know where other Hawks fell.

I believe the pay wall is relatively easy to bypass if you have the URL of the article.

I go in via the Telegraph

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl

Its the same as The Hun

Edit. The full list is on The Hun so you still need to be a sub to see that.
Edit 2. Buddy is 4th behind Ablett, Pendlebury & Dangerfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure where the rest of the hawks fall as I won't pay the "Hun's Ransom"
Ahhh yes, the old "if you ignore his good games he really isn't that good" line of argument.
Hard to argue against.

Ahhh yes, the old "if you ignore his good games he really isn't that good" line of argument.
Hard to argue against.

Yeah I loved that too. No mention of the fact he might have done that once or twice more if he'd played more games - just that if you take his best one out, he comes back to the pack a bit more...

I don't think anyone takes that list seriously, except maybe Mike - and even then that's a big maybe.

Remember this is what he thinks the top 10 will look at the end of the year. This is his prediction for the year, not how he rates the person per se. This happens every year.

What he says is right, Buddy is crap overhead, and he kicking has dead set got worse. Buddy was on show in the GF, he just about won us the game, and probably cost us as well. That's him. The flawed genius. Is the best player in the comp?? I'm not convinced, he's bloody close, in fact his best is far and away better than anyone in the comp, but from a consistancy point of view, Ablett and Pendles are probably ahead of him, and Danger, well he's got the ability to be the most powerful player in the comp.

End of the day, it's one mans opinion. As noted above, it's the prediction for the year. I'll be happy as anything with him being 4 now, if he's No.1 at the end of the year

50 Richards
49 Gibbs
48 Wells
47 N Riewoldt
46 Roughead (haw)
45 Goddard
44 Thomas
43 Rich
42 Martin
41 Mumford

40 Sidebottom
39 Enright
38 Sewell (haw)
37 Hayes
36 Rioli (haw)
35 Swallow
34 Glass
33 Taylor
32 Griffen
31 Deledio

30 Bartel
29 S Selwood
28 Petrie
27 Jacobs
26 Sloane
25 Naitanui
24 O'Keefe
23 S Johnson
22 Jack
21 Fyfe

20 Thompson
19 Pavlich
18 Judd
17 Hawkins
16 Cox
15 Goodes
14 Murphy
13 Swan
12 Cloke
11 Mitchell (haw)

10 Beams
9 Walker
8 Watson
7 Cotchin
6 Selwood
5 Kennedy
4 Franklin (haw)
3 Dangerfield
2 Pendlebury
1 Ablett

Only the five hawks in mikes list this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sheahan's Top 50, 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back