Should the WCE be penalised?

Remove this Banner Ad

But as the WCE are taking such a soft approach on him, I think the AFL should step in and take greater action.

For instance if a child misbehaves the parents should punish the kid, if they child brakes the law the police will intervine. The AFL sould take on the role of AFL police, becasue it is the AFL that is suffering.

Yeah, indefinate suspension for a player who has played top level football since he was 16 is a real slap on the wrist.

I think it was the drugs that gave him the edge.

What edge??

The guy has been a gun since he started playing though.

If he was just an average player in 2005, then all of a sudden in 2006 he started to average 30 touches then I would agree with you.

But he has been a good consistent player for years.

No.

There is no evidence that it has enhanced the teams performance on the field. Thus making it irrelevant whether it was a football player, a rugby player or a cricket player.

The only punishment that should be dished out is to Ben Cousins.

I think it was the drugs that gave him the edge.

I'd hate to tell you this but Benny C has been a star way before this drug stuff happened, I am no drug expert but I don't think coke, or ice would help you much during a game.

Even if they did, he was playing that well way before even taking a drug, if there are drugs at play here from day one of his AFL career I say we find his dealer and give some Collingwood players some.

Even if they did, he was playing that well way before even taking a drug, if there are drugs at play here from day one of his AFL career I say we find his dealer and give some Collingwood players some.

Working on a deal as we speak.

Chicky wont pick up his damn mobile. :mad: :D :thumbsu:

I'd hate to tell you this but Benny C has been a star way before this drug stuff happened, I am no drug expert but I don't think coke, or ice would help you much during a game.

Correct. Even the possible effects that people are talking about would only be possible if taken on the day of the game, maybe the night before.

Given Cousins tested negative 4 times in the back half of last season, I think even a 'head in the sand' West Coast supporter can safely assume that he wasn't using drugs on game days. Totally different to steroids etc that will aid recovery between events and therefore are 'performance enhancing' no matter when taken.

:D Send Embers over that'll fix him. ;)

LOL.

I want Embers to play this wekk for WCE, not the Royal Perth Hospital team! :D

Seriously good luck on the weekend Im sure we will abuse each other but more importantly the umpires! :D :thumbsu:

LOL.

I want Embers to play this wekk for WCE, not the Royal Perth Hospital team! :D

Seriously good luck on the weekend Im sure we will abuse each other but more importantly the umpires! :D :thumbsu:
Thank you, I'd say good luck but you guys probably won't need it, but hey good luck, I hope it's a good game like the last time we came to play you in WA. :)

I hope it's a good game like the last time we came to play you in WA. :)

Yes that was a cracker.

Didnt S.Burns bob up for 4 goals? And Neon Leon gave Wirra a bath?

Yet we managed to get out of jail AGAIN! :thumbsu:

Sorry I meant union. I dont follow rugby.

"On May 13, 2006, hours before the final pool match of the Super 14 competition, it was announced that Sailor was to be suspended indefinitely from representing either the NSW Waratahs or Australian Rugby Team after returning a positive drug test. Sailor's manager confirmed in a statement it was a doping offence.[8] "

The AFL probably should penalise a player for testing positive, as the ARU did. From a personal perspective, I disagree with the harshness of that penaly on Sailor, however that is not the point. Ben has not tested positive, so what is the relevance of this? A player admitting he has a problem is not the same as a positive test. Blame the system mate, not the player or the club!

Make sure you finish school mate, trust me, it's well worth it. :thumbsu: Now get back to your homework!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no problem at all with Cousins being sanctioned in some way or another, but if he is so should the other 28 that actually returned a positive drug test. Why should they get away without punishment. It therefore follows that those 28 should immediately be named.
Under the current agreement, those that have tested positive are not known in name by the AFL. Blame the AFL and the AFLPA for that ridiculous arrangement which I believe potentially puts players in danger of major health issues because they may walk into a training or playing scenario and have major cardiac failure.

I wonder if it ever came out that a player that has tested positive and trained or played under the influence of drugs and did have a cardiac episode, I wonder if that would be the biggest furore in AFL history? When this ridiculous two strikes and still remaining anonymous and without sanction contributed to the whole incident.

Under the current agreement, those that have tested positive are not known in name by the AFL. Blame the AFL and the AFLPA for that ridiculous arrangement which I believe potentially puts players in danger of major health issues because they may walk into a training or playing scenario and have major cardiac failure.

I wonder if it ever came out that a player that has tested positive and trained or played under the influence of drugs and did have a cardiac episode, I wonder if that would be the biggest furore in AFL history? When this ridiculous two strikes and still remaining anonymous and without sanction contributed to the whole incident.

Don't think many disagree with you here FuManchu. The system is a farce.

No argument from me Fu, but I think you can see how ridiculous it would look if the AFL sanctioned a player who has not returned a positive test ever, while at the same time taking essentially no action against 28 who have.

Sure is.

But, AFL and the clubs have a duty of care.

maybe ALL clubs should do inhouse massive testing like the broncos do.

Maybe they dont want to

I think you'll find the clubs do want to do their own testing, it's the current arrangements concocted by the AFL and AFLPA that do not allow them.

No argument from me Fu, but I think you can see how ridiculous it would look if the AFL sanctioned a player who has not returned a positive test ever, while at the same time taking essentially no action against 28 who have.

I think you'll find the clubs do want to do their own testing, it's the current arrangements concocted by the AFL and AFLPA that do not allow them.

Yep.So they can keep their player draft. In to bed together, AFL and AFLPA.

NRL clubs have the Asada testing as well as massive inhouse testing.
So much better for the actual player affected, and the club.

There iss no need to insult my intelegence? I finished school a long time ago, I'm 36.

I normally don't do that, but in this case it seemed more than justifiable! You brought up an example which although may seem similar, is totally different. It is my understanding that in that case the ARU suspended him because the test fell into what the AFL would consider "in season". As such, they had no choice but to hit him with a 2 year suspension. All the positive drug tests in the AFL so far have been "out of season", meaning the AFL could apply it's own 3 strikes policy. Ben has not even returned a positive test. So comparing the two is laughable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Should the WCE be penalised?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back