Unofficial Preview Showdown XLIV Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane were allowed to sack Leppitsch.

However Port are nowhere near as bad as the Lions were and Leppitsch only had a year to go and doubt he was as highly paid as Hinkley is.

Bear in mind Hinkley renewed his contract early and "In demand" so he would be on decent coin. Would not surprise me if he is one of the highest paid coaches in the game, ie over $700k pa.

Kern's job is safe till at least 2020.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Global/Issues/2016/08/04/Finance/AFL-Lifeline.aspx

Australian Football League Creates Sustainable Plan To Guarantee Competitiveness
August 4, 2016
Financially stricken Australian Football League clubs "have been thrown a lifeline with a bold and sustainable plan" announced on Wednesday that "should better guarantee the competitiveness of the competition," according to Smith & Denham of NEWS LIMITED. And while overspending in football departments "will be taxed more heavily, the controversial revenue or wealth tax paid for two years by 10 clubs has been abolished." In what one club CEO described as a "user-pays system," clubs will be supported from a "discretionary fund," which appears the AFL's best equalisation tool after "years of trying different mechanisms." Instead of paying a series of dividends to clubs, "including an annual dividend, the AFL has consolidated all payments to one single amount per club" which is a "simpler and fairer way of transferring money to the clubs." As well, "the poorer clubs will be helped by a savage new set of taxes for clubs that overspend the soft cap" on football department expenditure. For example, from next year, if a club spends more than A$1M over the football department cap, which stands at A$9.3M, then that money will be taxed at 200%. The discretionary fund to distribute money to the clubs "will use this year’s most successful club" -- Hawthorn -- as its base (NEWS LIMITED, 8/4).

If Ken gets sacked with 4 years remaining on his substantial contract, paying that out in 1 year with an added 200% tax really would financially tear them apart!

Let's be honest. It only really meant something to them when they had a chance to piss on our parade. Now that we've been pissing on their parade for 3 years and hit the lead in the showdown count (formerly unthinkable) it's meaningless.

Has it ever been confirmed that he actually passed the training? Maybe he just didn’t cut it.
Fireman do shift work, on a rolling roster. The story was that there were times these shorts interfered with his media commitments. The story that was floating around is that ultimately he had to make a decision over which career he wanted to pursue as they weren't going to ever be compatible.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-...r-kane-cornes-joins-firefighting-team/6768812

I'll be honest, I just did this for the lols :)

IYkgw3f.jpg

Brisbane were allowed to sack Leppitsch.

However Port are nowhere near as bad as the Lions were and Leppitsch only had a year to go and doubt he was as highly paid as Hinkley is.

Bear in mind Hinkley renewed his contract early and "In demand" so he would be on decent coin. Would not surprise me if he is one of the highest paid coaches in the game, ie over $700k pa.

Kern's job is safe till at least 2020.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Oh god off to the bathroom to get more tissues I go....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cue the old Casey Kasem request and dedication line. It's Showdown time fans of that other team and that means another opportunity to do what you do best--LOSE-- so please, listen to your favorite musical group and:

He definitely isn't. One of the more refreshing things about him.
Pretty certain Fagan not content or even feeling good at the moment with our hamstring problems and one of the key boys Brett and mate under fire and no answers seem to be close.
A showdown win will have us excited but this problem is a major stuff up and we are lucky to be sitting with our wins .
But don't forget lose the showdown and we will be on same points as them and they get back to even in showdowns.
Lets hope we have no it will happen moments and we go full on whole game.

Let's be honest. It only really meant something to them when they had a chance to piss on our parade. Now that we've been pissing on their parade for 3 years and hit the lead in the showdown count (formerly unthinkable) it's meaningless.

It lost its “rah rah rivalry rah “
after the Dream Final
That was close to one of the best nights of footy EVER!

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Showdown XLIV Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back