Unofficial Preview Showdown XLIV Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

From memory we were hoping to keep it named after Walsh, Port didn't agree, we weren't going to argue about it in public, and the conversation ended pretty quietly which it should.

I remember a couple of our players continued to mention the Walsh family when accepting the award, not sure if that's because it's something they decided to continue, at least this group of players.

It will be the Phil Walsh medal one day when Koch head and KT are finished.

Sorry but it was a terrible decision by the PAFC.

Also it was the tragedy about the way he died and suddenness of it that broke and hurt both Clubs and also the entire AFL community.

He helped your Club achieve the ultimate success in 04 and he turned our Club around to what it is today. It was a shameful decision by the Power, I will never think otherwise.

Don't apologise - it was an awful, disrespectful, selfish decision by PAFC.

Phil's passing was the only thing that did or could ever truly unite us, if only for a brief moment in time, as a collectively grieving state and football community.

It would have been a *perfect* touch to name the Showdown medal after him.

I will never forgive Port for ****ing that up.

It’s easy to think from the mood on the Port board that if they lose easily in the showdown and fail to make finals or bow out in the first week again they’ll have a considerable drop off in attendance and membership next year.

It’s easy to think from the mood on the Port board that if they lose easily in the showdown and fail to make finals or bow out in the first week again they’ll have a considerable drop off in attendance and membership next year.

True, but they sing a song before the start of their home games. Surely some will come for that experience. :huh:

Don't apologise - it was an awful, disrespectful, selfish decision by PAFC.

Phil's passing was the only thing that did or could ever truly unite us, if only for a brief moment in time, as a collectively grieving state and football community.

It would have been a *perfect* touch to name the Showdown medal after him.

I will never forgive Port for ******* that up.

I was embarrassed by what their posters were posting on their board about Walsh at the time.

They showed their true colours of the kind of people they are. It was disgraceful.

I was embarrassed by what their posters were posting on their board about Walsh at the time.

They showed their true colours of the kind of people they are. It was disgraceful.

Janus post about it being Ricciuto's fault might be the high watermark for dumb ****ery.

True, but they sing a song before the start of their home games. Surely some will come for that experience. :huh:

Koch should change the name of the Fos Williams Port Creed to 'Never tear us apart' and write a few new verses on pre game entertainment, sing alongs and China.

From memory we were hoping to keep it named after Walsh, Port didn't agree, we weren't going to argue about it in public, and the conversation ended pretty quietly which it should.
I remember a couple of our players continued to mention the Walsh family when accepting the award, not sure if that's because it's something they decided to continue, at least this group of players.

Players, coaches and fans pay tribute to the late Phil Walsh
I was there that night .. plenty of tears flowing ..

Sarcasm appreciated :thumbsu: :D, and the lyrics are soooo relevant to Poort:
"Don't ask me
What you know is true
Don't have to tell you
I love your precious heart etc etc". It's a love song, ffs.
I still love INXS but can't listen to "Never Tear Us Apart" now, without wincing.
Never tear us apart? Laughable. The PA post-WCE thread was full of melts and salt, ripping each other to shreds.

well it took til Wednesday and page 6 but we have some Tealsters so I think this may now be a banter thread and not a weird pseudo-Non Adelaide AFL discussion thread

Quite frankly Adelaide should bury Port, but this is footy and 'should' doesn't carry any weight on the ground

I used to dread Showdowns in the 2000s and in a weird way I'm more comfortable with that feeling than this strange confidence which will only serve to bite harder should the unspeakable happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I for one am genuinely excited for the Group Sing A Long at the start of the game.

Was ******* hilarious last year

I think in our home Showdown we should have #Torn played over the loudspeakers, a minute before the opening bounce. Would be awesome for the lols.

I think in our home Showdown we should have #Torn played over the loudspeakers, a minute before the opening bounce. Would be awesome for the lols.
More and more banners are crossing over into trolling territory, surely we could sneak that out over the PA even if just for a minute or so.

Yes but no doubt if something like that happens Janus will be back to his pre-season form best claiming Port will finish top again. Nothing ever changes.

I for one am genuinely excited for the Group Sing A Long at the start of the game.

The standing ovation SPP will get when he gets his possession ( aka clanger) will also be amusing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I keep reading this thread with the hope of finding banter, alas...

gxHG58c.jpg

Yeh, sounds like:
"Hum hum hum (unintelligible)
Hum-hum hum hum hum
Hum hum hum hum hum
I love hum hum-hum hum
I,
I was
hum-hum, Hum hum hum
hum hum hum-hum hum
Hum hum hum NEVER! TEAR US APART!! "
ie really BAD humming (lyrics too hard to learn) and a punchline.

So business as usual then. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Showdown XLIV Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back